First encounter at the gym!!!!

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by skinni_minni, 8 September 2010 Social URL.

1. skinni_minni

skinni_minni Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.38%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Today was my first time at the gym in months :D I only did a 30 min work out on the cross trainer which burnt me a whole 450 calories (which I was extremely please with) and because it Hirt soooooooooo much......I didn't want to put anything in my mouth afterwards as I didn't want to ruin that god damn hard work!!!! Oh and I managed to save 4 points (which is unheard of for me lol)
    Does anybody else find that exercise curbs your appetite?? Xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ladyvegas

ladyvegas Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    14st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    2st13lb(17.01%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I used to find it the complete opposite...I used to come out of the gym and be absolutely starving. I couldn't wait to eat my dinner.

4. ladyvegas

ladyvegas Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    14st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    2st13lb(17.01%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Saying that I need to get the clothes off the cross trainer - it has become a new wardrobe (kind of). :D

5. slimmarach

slimmarach will be size 10

Start Weight:
    19st12lb
    Current Weight:
    21st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    -1st10lb(-8.63%)
    Diet:
    calorie counting, clean eating
    I love love love the gym. I find i am starving when i come out , but more likely beacause i swim after my workout. I do interval training and totally swear by it, also i do weights / resistance first as my pt says any kind of weights or resistance traing builds lean muscle which in turn gives you a higher metabolism , also drinking milk after a workout rather than diet soda etc helps build lean muscle. I am absorbing every bit of info she gives me as it all seems to help so much. I am lucky to have a lovely gym cafe to make use of and all the soups are yummy healthy home made ones so thats my first stop after swimming ..lol !!!!!!!!!!!

6. ladyvegas

ladyvegas Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    14st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    2st13lb(17.01%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    slimmarach - you're having great losses. What's your secret? Apart from the gym of course

7. slimmarach

slimmarach will be size 10

Start Weight:
    19st12lb
    Current Weight:
    21st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    -1st10lb(-8.63%)
    Diet:
    calorie counting, clean eating
    Hi. Thanks. I think it's just tracking absolutely everything, i take my points calculator shopping, eating out, everywhere. Plus i make lots of meals at the begining of the week and portion them out so i'm never tempted to just grab whatevers in the cupboard. I eat lots of low or zero point soups, sweet potato and cauliflower curry , these sorts of things really keep me full. Also drinking loads of water all day long, and i never eat after 7 pm if i can help it. I wish you lot's of luck on your weight loss journey. xxx

8. sarah-louise x

sarah-louise x Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st1lb
    Current Weight:
    16st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    well done!!!! i love the feeling i get after a good work out and it makes u appreciate how hard uv worked and the food u put in your body afterwards i think!!! it does get easier so keep up the good work, ul soon see your shape change!!! iv not been to the gym for a while tho i am a member, i tend to use it for swimming. id love to get back to it, but its that first work out dread!!!!

good luck on your weight loss journey x

9. ladyvegas

ladyvegas Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    14st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    2st13lb(17.01%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Yeah I agree on the not eating after 7pm. I did follow this the 1st time round on WW. Not doing it now but I am going to try and start from tonight. I find it's between 7 - 9pm that I start to pick at stuff. So might be worth trying again.

10. skinni_minni

skinni_minni Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.38%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Thanks so much for all of your messages!!!!
    The tips from Slimmarach are really new & helpful......I have never hear of interval training so it's something I will e trying soon!!!!
    Just got back from the gym & I will NEVER have para for tea & then go to the gym again!! Hardest workout EVER!!!!
    Thanks again & good luck xx xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.