First Job Interview as a thin person

good luck hon :)
x

And? AND?????...... Fingers are crossed not only for the interview but for the new found confidence too!!

Wow! I bet that was a whole new feeling. I have never been to an interview as a thin person. And so like you, in previous job interviews it has always weighed on my mind that all they are going to see is this fat person.

I hope it goes well for you. What an amazing way to continue your "thin progress"!!!

Good luck. I have crossed all of my fingers and toes for you.

B x

Cpme on

We are all waoting with baited breath to hear how it went, well i hope.
What did you wear? How did you feel?
Was there a real job or were the Agency just trying to entice you in?
Good luck BL I'm sure you'll get something good soon and wouldn't the extra money be fantastic.

Hope everythingw ent well and you let the amazing person that you are shine through.

Emma xXx

Hello peeps

Sorry for the late reply - having a battle over grocery expense with the other half. hey ho.

ANyway............

Yeah, today went pretty well I think. It was a good agency, and the consultant was lovely. She told me she put through to the employer the higher rate of starting pay, and that was just based on my CV, so I thought that was a good sign. Hopefully after today she doesn;t call them and slash it in half!!! :giggle:

I had to fill out MORE paper work. I swear that is all I have been doing all week! I would need a police clearance type search done, I forget what its called, so had to divulge all my dark and dirty's! hehe

Anyway - she hopes to get back to me in a coupe of days. She had already chased them this morning to see what they thought of my CV and if they want to see me but they were in a meeting, so she told me she will keep her fingers crossed and get back to me.

THEN....

When I got home, there was a message from the County Council for an other job, and they want to talk to me tomorrow. And this job, if its the one I think, is an even BETTER job. Soooooooo.....will see what they say tomorrow.

Been an interesting experience - I was nervous, but as soon as I got there I felt right at ease. It was so nice not worrying about if I was the fattest person there, or not, and I didn't have to keep making sure clothes were alright and not creeping, etc.....had ample suitable clothes to choose from this morning, instead of just one that "will do". So that was nice!

I just hate the whole process though - you feel so judged! Its very nerve wracking.

Hopefully know more in a day or two! Thanks so much for all your well wishes and really nice comments!

uh-oh - just realised - I didn;t ask her if they ahd a full length mirror at the location! :D :giggle:

Right. Now off to try and win my argument over grocery's.

XXXXXXXXX

Glad it went well for you BL!
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you for tomorrow as well!

PS: was it a "CRB" (Criminal Records Bureau) check by any chance? (the clearnance thingy)

hi
glad it went well - but fingers crossed for the other thing too!
hope you win the groceries war!
daisy x

Hello peeps

Sorry for the late reply - having a battle over grocery expense with the other half. hey ho.

ANyway............

Yeah, today went pretty well I think. It was a good agency, and the consultant was lovely. She told me she put through to the employer the higher rate of starting pay, and that was just based on my CV, so I thought that was a good sign. Hopefully after today she doesn;t call them and slash it in half!!! :giggle:

I had to fill out MORE paper work. I swear that is all I have been doing all week! I would need a police clearance type search done, I forget what its called, so had to divulge all my dark and dirty's! hehe

Anyway - she hopes to get back to me in a coupe of days. She had already chased them this morning to see what they thought of my CV and if they want to see me but they were in a meeting, so she told me she will keep her fingers crossed and get back to me.

THEN....

When I got home, there was a message from the County Council for an other job, and they want to talk to me tomorrow. And this job, if its the one I think, is an even BETTER job. Soooooooo.....will see what they say tomorrow.

Been an interesting experience - I was nervous, but as soon as I got there I felt right at ease. It was so nice not worrying about if I was the fattest person there, or not, and I didn't have to keep making sure clothes were alright and not creeping, etc.....had ample suitable clothes to choose from this morning, instead of just one that "will do". So that was nice!

I just hate the whole process though - you feel so judged! Its very nerve wracking.

Hopefully know more in a day or two! Thanks so much for all your well wishes and really nice comments!

uh-oh - just realised - I didn;t ask her if they ahd a full length mirror at the location! :D :giggle:

Right. Now off to try and win my argument over grocery's.

XXXXXXXXX

I'm sure you totally wowed them BL and who knows....maybe even better news tommorow with the other job?....:D..xxx

Thanks ladies. :)

I just got a call from the County job and they want to see me next Wednesday!!! :)

I needed a little bright light this morning! Feeling very down today, if you've seen my grocery thread - so this was just what I needed!

Fingers, toes, eyes, crossed. If I had any other appendages I would cross them too. :D

Well aren't you in demand, good luck with that one too :) xXx

Fingers crossed for you BL - GOOD LUCK!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Yes, crossing bits for you here too BL :)

Hoping that the right job comes up trumps for you - and everything is crossed for you.

Im Hoping beyond hope for you BL and if they dont employ you it will be their loss, the damn fools :) But that is not going to happen ;)

Thank you everyone. I am trying not to get too hopeful - but damn! It would be SOOOOOO nice - and bl**dy necessary, to get a decent wage for a change!! I appreciate your crossing everything! :D

H- Like your new Avatar! You look great! :) And thanks for your vote of confidence :)

x

Back