First step

Discussion in 'Exante' started by London1985Y, 10 November 2010 Social URL.

1. London1985Y

London1985Y Member

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    3st10lb(22.81%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    Hi guys,

This is my first post in the exante forum. I was on the lipotrim diet and had to stop due to financial problems. However, after about 5 weeks off I now want to get back on but this time with exante. The problem is I keep trying to start everyday. But each day it gets to about 7pm and I have to eat something. I don't know whether it is because there is no actual weigh in but I just cant seem to find the will power to start. Has anyone else had a problem re starting a VLCD before? Any tips on how to do it? Its driving me mad.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Bernice

Bernice Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    8st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st1lb(31.32%)
    Diet:
    EXANTE
    Hi there joee86 I can sympathise but if you persevere it will all be worthwhile. I did Lipotrim first and then switched to Exante because of the cost and also the flavour of the shakes which are sooooo much better with Exante. I think if you can just get one 100% day under your belt it will spur you on. Good luck xx

4. EllieM

EllieM Member

Start Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Exante
    I find evening is my worst time UNLESS I am on a late shift and am at work because then I have no choice but to stick to it. So I think it is all about getting busy. If you have kids it is hard but if not try organising things for the evening- go to the pub with a friend (for some tempting sparkling water!) or go to the cinema, or anything to get you out the house.

A bath is another good way to distract yourself or (and I know it sounds sad) I find doing tapestry keeps my hands busy and I am less likely to eat so I have something to do.

I think once you are in the habit it is not so bad but the first few days are hard. Also I find being in company helps (get someone round if you live alone!) because then you can't cheat because someone is watching!

Good luck

5. Lumpy

Lumpy One day at a time

Start Weight:
    15st6lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(6.02%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    Hi,

I have had LOADS of problems restarting vlcd in the past.

It's the easiest and hardest diet in the world, but you do need to find a motivation to get through those first few days.

Just think, in a few days time you wont feel hungry and feel amazing it will be worth it. Can you go have a bath at 7pm, distract yourself with a good dvd???

You can do it, just got to find your mojo :D

6. mudbabe

mudbabe Fitness Freak!

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(14.29%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Hi and welcome.

i took about 3 weeks to manage to restart, its really hard isn't it? But you will get there is you want it enough. What worked for me eventually was restarting again and again immediately after a blip - so if I had had 2 shakes then eaten, rather than thinking 'well I've blown it, I'll start again tomorrow' I had my 3rd shake and that was that. I think its just the VLCD way of avoiding the 'Lapse, Relapse, Collapse' issue.

Good luck!

7. fortyandfat

fortyandfat is crazy

Start Weight:
    12st10lb
    Current Weight:
    10st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(17.98%)
    Diet:
    exante
    hi there, is there any way you could stretch your packs out so that come 7pm you can have an exante pack?! :)

8. Sparkling_Fairy

Sparkling_Fairy Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st11lb
    Current Weight:
    10st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Dukan Diet
    Restarting a VLCD is much harder than starting one for the first time!
    I tried to start Exante after a couple of weeks break from Lipotrim and gave up nearly every day.
    Eventually I decided my head wasn't in it and I stopped it altogether.
    Then I got so many events to do in November/December and I just made the switch. I restarted without failing even once. 1,5 weeks in now and usually if I make it through 2 weeks, I'm set!

You need to decide for yourself if you're head is in the right place.
    Minimins really helped me. The moment I decided to restart properly. I started posting on here again. And the encouragement of others and the distraction are so helpful!
    Good luck and I hope you can stick with it

9. mummytummy

mummytummy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st2.0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10.5lb(4.38%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Hiya,

I'm about two weeks in and have only managed a few 100% days. It's so dificult, but as soon as I got out of bed this morning I told myself I promise to be 100 % today. I'm going to keep telling myself I want this and I can do it. It's hard but we can do it! x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.