First Time Eating Out

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Eating Out' started by hellie84, 2 September 2010 Social URL.

1. hellie84

hellie84 Member

Start Weight:
    13st1lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(8.2%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi everyone, I'm new to both the forum and Slimming World so don't really have a clue what I'm doing yet! Apologies if I get anything wrong!

My Mum is coming down this weekend and we will be going out for a pub meal. I have no idea what to eat! If I put a link to the pub menu could any of you give me a bit of advice and guidance please?

Thank you! :)

Link is:

Main Menu at The Churchillian - Portsdown Hill, Portsmouth

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. loungelizard

loungelizard Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st0.5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13.5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(11%)
    Diet:
    SW Extra Easy
    How about a steak but ask them if you can have a jacket potato and salad instead of the chips and onion rings:) I'm assuming your doing EE of course and welcome to the forum and SW:)

4. *honey

*honey Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13.5lb(8.33%)
    Diet:
    Slim fast
    eeeeek......... thats not very SW friendly at all. Guess the steak would be ok if on EE, maybe ask to have it with a jacket potato instead of fries??
    or a jacket potato with beans and cheese?

tbh, think i would just eat what i wanted and be good for the rest of the day and the week and i dont think it will hurt. enjoy your meal out with your mum We went out once a month and just ate what ever and i still continued with my 2lb a week loss.

5. avisk

avisk xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
    The grilled meats without the sauces or trimmings. Other than that, what a dreadful menu!!

6. Beegee

Beegee The Big One

Start Weight:
    19st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st7lb(39.03%)
    Diet:
    SW Online (Green)
    The Penne Arrabiata should be a safe-ish option too (specially if you leave the bread).

7. hellie84

hellie84 Member

Start Weight:
    13st1lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(8.2%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks everyone. I have chose such a dreadful week to start Slimming World. I feel really bloated as well, is that normal?

8. prawnchopSuey

prawnchopSuey Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(4.81%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I think there's lots of things you could go for; pasta arrabiata, pasta with tom, chicken and mozzarella, omelette, smoked fish platter, chilli con carne, grilled meats. It seems to be all the accompanying chips and bread that will pose a problem but things like this should be easily swapped for salad or veg if you ask.
    Enjoy :)

9. justm

justm Member

Start Weight:
    15st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st6lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(14.95%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    What a choice...

I think I would have to agree with the steak and ask for jacket pot and salad instead of all the usual accompaniments.

Whatever you want have it and enjoy and get right back on track after.

Something I do when I eat out and want to ask for something other than what is ´norm´is to say that I cannot eat fats for medical reasons - they soon conjour fat free food up without that knowing look that shouts ´you are on a diet`!!!!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.