First Week and Looking Forward

Evee2000

Hi All

Started SW last night and I'm feeling pretty positive at the moment. Just jotting down some food ideas for the day ahead and have done a mini shop for basics (so at least I'm semi prepared).

I've recently started running (have NEVER run in my life before). Followed the C25K programme and I'm completely addicted now. I run 3 times each week for about 4 miles (I could not run for 1 minute when I started). Unfortunately, I'm not losing any weight through running alone, hence the new diet.

Wish me luck!

First day has gone by quickly and so far so good. Had a quick look Youtube for recipes and came across on for Diet Coke Chicken. Has anyone else tried it - totally delish!

Fry up chicken and onions. Make a sauce from a can of diet coke and 6 tablespoons of pasatta. Add to chicken. Simmer until sauce has thickened (I added red pepper and was really tasty).

Serve with rice or chips. Hubby was impressed!

Nice brekkie of honey nut shredded wheat (b) and semi skimmed milk (a). Been for a 3.5mile run and ended up starving by the end of it, so had a muller light rasberry and cranberry fat free yogurt (free).

Planning to have quorn sausages and scrambled egg for lunch (using up balance of milk from this morning). Yum!

Hello Eevie

Glad you are enjoying SW, and that c25k will boost your losses too, a few people are doing that. Good luck. x

Just saw your diet coke chicken - do you think there could be a fish/ veggie version. Maybe work with prawns?? I know some sauces transfer but others dont.

Well good news - first weigh in last night and I've lost 3lbs! Diet wise everything is fine, although I know I'm not eating enough super frees. I'm kinda thinking that because I'm running at least 10 miles a week, this will compensate?

Have you guys seen all the fab slimming world recipes on Youtube? Theres a fella on there makes it all look so easy (diet coke chicken recipe on there as well as a great looking fried chicken too). Gave me a bit of inspiration when I just wasn't sure what to have for tea.

Feeling good and working hard at it (doesn't feel too hard tho)! Busy week ahead so need to be really organised!

Second weigh in tonight and I'm down 2.5lbs! Didn't manage to do too much running this week (just one day unfortunately) but did climb a local smallish mountain yesterday to try and make up for it!

Another new week - bring it on!

Back