First Week Complete.... Question though!

MagicDust

Good Morning Everyone,

Hope you have all had a good weekend!

I have completed my first week. I started at 16st 10lbs last Monday Morning & did the diet 100% all week, Weighed in this morning at 15st 11lbs. Chuffed to bits that meal replacement diets do work!

Does anyone else wake up during the night, this past week I have been waking up at 1.00am every night. Also I have been freezing this week! It's not winter yet but I have my cosy pjs on, bedsocks & fleecy blanket at night as I'm just so cold.

Also this ketosis that I keep reading about, I've no idea wheter i'm in it or not!
I have the breath of a dead camel which I don't normally have, but no strong urine (sorry TMI but I'm just learning), constantly cold!

If anyone could help me that would be brilliant!!
Cheers

Caz x

Hey, Caz, well done on your amazing loss! The loss in itself is a definite sign that you are in ketosis. You would not have lost what you have otherwise. Bad breath and being cold is another sure sign.
As far as the sleep is concerned, yes, I have had similar experiences with that, I don't know why it is that way but some people do have trouble staying asleep through the night on a low carb or even VLC diet. I'm not sure there is anything you can actually do at this point, it is a major transition for the body switching into ketosis. So perhaps give it a while to see if it settles, make sure not to have any caffeine any closer than 5-6 hours before going to bed and perhaps have a cup of hot water or something similar to soothe you when you're going to bed.

Oh and forgot to mention, as far as the pale pee is concerned :cool: That would be very simply down to dilution. Think of how much water you drink during the day with very very little of actual solid food.

You are defo in Ketosis... you have all the classic signs... don't bother with Ketosticks for your wee they are notoriously rubbish half the time...
Fab loss for your first week you must be really happy with that...
I have been waking up in the night just recently too but im on week 8 today....
maybe its cos we are not loading out body with rubbish anymore which makes us tired all the time trying to digest it lol..
I seem to have turned a bit nocturnal this past week .. so today its time for me to break the cycle.. no nap during the day and make sure I am up by 8 am latest tomorrow morning...
Good luck for week 2 x x x x

Yep I agree Caz you're definitely in ketosis - sit back and watch the pounds roll off! :woohoo:

The other things you're noticing are very common on a VLCD too, but they do get better as you adapt to it. Good luck for the rest of your journey - you're off to a fabulous start! :D

Thanks so much everyone! Just wasn't sure. First ever time trying a vlcd and i'm loving it! The hunger pangs I can ignore, the headache/floaty feeling is minimum now that I had the first few days!

Loving the shakes, especially adding cold black coffee to the vanilla shake, means i'm not missing out when my workies do a coffee run! The bars feel like a treat (and a jaw workout) and the thai chicken soup I wish I had for every meal, the pasta carbonara, I added chilli powder, black pepper and some garlic powder to and if you squint with one eye and dont look out the other you'd swear it was cheesy pasta out a packet :D

I have the mousse and drinks mix, so might experiment with a shake, flavour and mousse combo as a pudding to myself at the weekend, when the rest are tucking into their take aways :-D

I've never been a good sleeper but this past week my body decides that it's ready to go again at 1am hahaha!! Adjusting to some massive changes in one week, VLC diet, stopped smoking and no alcohol, no wonder it's gone into complete shock!!

Thanks again for your support, really appreciated!!

Onwards & downwards!!
Caz X

Hey Caz, wow you are making a lot of changes at the same time, so it's no wonder it takes a while for your body to adjust. I agree about the carbonara and the thai chicken soup. I make them both really spicy and takes ages to eat them then and after a couple of weeks on Exante and getting used to the small portions, I actually started feeling full after a shake or a soup. So I expect that your hunger pangs will ease off too.

Another thing I have been doing for variety is to mix half a pack of porridge with half a vanilla shake, add some cinnamon and when you then make it with hot water/microwave, it goes so fluffy and creamy, it's like a warm pudding.

Caz what a lot of changes - very very brave - but going cold turkey is clearly working for you, you sound so positive! Good luck this week. :)

Hi caz you still waking in the early hours? I did last night and I am aching head to toe and freezing tonight. Hopefully its just my body transitioning into ketosis. Like you I have given up smoking and drinking:beer: at the same time. Hope I do as well as you going cold turkey!

Charlie xx
Keep up the good work :thumbup:

Sent from my C6603 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hey Charlie,

Not waking up so much in the night now with the cold as I have added a fleecy blanket to the bed.....ALREADY!! Don't know how I'll manage in the winter time hahaha be like nanook of the north :D
But definatley finding this week a lot better than first week.

Still got this lipstick in mind Charlie?? How has your day been today?

Giving up drinking / smoking & losing weight all at the same time was what made my first week so difficult, all week I craved a cigarette, think that was part to blame for me waking up during the night, but settled down completely.

Weighed in this morning and had a measly 1lb loss!! Guite gutted but after nearly a stone last week I shouldn't be gutted, just when I seen the scales my heart just sank, been 100% all week too. No worries i'll keep going!

My house mate confiscates the scales after weigh in on Monday hahaha... going to be a long week!!!

Caz

Xx

Already picked out the colour Caz. 1lb is still a step closer to your goal, but I can understand feeling rubbish about a not so big loss, I will probably feel like that at some point. Just remind yourself that if some told you, you could loose nearly a stone in a week, before you knew of exante, would you believe them? I know I wouldnt because it would seem too good to be true! You have done really well.

Think I am deffo having withdrawls. No sleep again for me :( and I will be adding extra blankets because I am freezing. I did well yesterday, feeling cold and weak today though and missing solid food.
Hope its because I am transitioning into ketosis now.
Going to order some meals, hope they are bareable.

Going to get my husband to put the scales in the loft as I am insanely afraid of heights and I wont climb the stairs that are dangerously rickety anyways and probably wouldnt hold my weight.

Seriously though Caz, well done x

Sent from my C6603 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back