First week weigh in!

1978Emma said:
thanks Chezz and CG, I am having a bit of a weird day thanks to my walk on Dartmoor and stroking a pretty pony and another of the herd kicking me in the knee - ouch! its all swollen and bruised so I am feeling sorry for myself ha ha Em xx

Ouch! I was kicked by a Welsh pony 35 years ago, when I was a teenager, and have had a perfect horseshoe-shaped lump on my thigh ever since, lol. Hope your knee is soon better! xx

luckily my knee is much better now just was swollen and bruised for a while, I got off so lightly, that will teach me!! sorry you were kicked all that time ago, yeah they have such power behind them don't they, I just dread to think if it had knocked me to the floor as it would have just carried on kicking no doubt and there was a huge herd there and I might have got trampled underfoot so I am feeling very lucky! I just love the ponies and a few are so used to me walking up their daily that they nuzzle into me especially two of last years foals who are over a year old now, they are so cute! , maybe that has made me lose sight of the fact that they are basically wild and whilst the few are so sweet there are also adult buckaroo types in the herd as well!! Em xx

I still love horses, though. If I ever win big on the lottery I want a horse and a guinea pig farm, lol. Of course, I will keep the horse well away from the guinea pigs! ;). xx

thanks pipaluk, you sure motivate me as you are doing so well , you have lost so much weight and I love the fact that you have done it through healthy eating not a typical "diet" really makes me believe I can do it this time as well.

I had been diagnosed with sleep apnea all be it "mild sleep apnea" prior to going on my plan, the thing was it didn't feel mild as I was given this ruddy mask thingy to wear at night ( a really sexy look - NOT!
;)) which I couldn't cope with and I was basically falling asleep the whole time, so tired, almost comatosed the whole time and felt awful, I'm 34 yet felt more like an unhealthy 84!! I had really up until very recently got away without any physical health issues and then wham everything started to fall apart at the same time. The thing is the 1 stone 8 lbs I have lost so far has already made such a difference especially to my sleep apnea, I am no longer so sleepy, I have so much more energy and I am getting a good nights sleep instead of the usual poor quality sleep you get with sleep apnea and thats amazing to me oh and no more mask!! :D, I think sadly for me it took these health issues to give me the much needed kick up the bum, I am so glad to see you are tackling it now at your age as I so wish I had done that, even though at 34 I am not quite over the hill yet ha ha Em xx

Thank you! You are so sweet :p I am feeling very happy as I got my first milestone, 4 1/2 stone lighter for my 18th birthday. I got my award tonight and it's my birthday on Thursday. I am going out and I plan to enjoy myself, I am going to try optimize as much as I can and enjoy myself at the same time over the weekend. I have prepared myself with the attitude of ''if I gain, I will burn it off the following week''

Good to hear how much better in yourself you are feeling. You are a really happy person who seems to get happier every minute! I sleep a lot better now I have lost weight, I also don't need as much sleep either. At least that you realised something needed to be done and are fixing that ..I don't understand how people get health issues due to weight, yet don't do anything about it and think that it's ''too late''. Some woman at my Slimming World group joined recently and she isn't doing very well, she loses then gains back most of the weight the following week and it's like a yo-yo, she wants to lose 2stone so she can get a gastric band fitted. She makes out she tries but you can tell by her attitude she doesn't try very hard, it irritates me (I think it also annoys the leader and other group members but of course you have to be polite.) she has mobility problems and I couldn't bare to think about getting to that stage.. she doesn't seem to listen to other people either, I have had weeks that haven't got to plan but I pick myself back up and the weight comes off again but the way she acts is like everyone at my SW meeting lost the weight in a finger click. People try to help and give her advice but she chooses not to listen! Silly woman.

Yay Pipaluk, 4 1/2 stone lighter that is amazing!! I am so pleased for you hun, hey and its your 18th you deserve to have a good time, you only turn 18 once, I had a mega good time on my 18th, too much alcohol and too much food if I remember correctly! ha ha

I agree re health issues, I can't understand how it can't motivate you to change or at least try to change, its never going to be plain sailing turning your back on the habits you have had for a lifetime basically but for me when my health got worse all of a sudden it was a huge wake up call, I thought to myself "I'm not done yet", it brought out the fighter in me, I mean 34 and falling asleep the whole time I felt old, really old and I'm not really and at my age I should be living my life yet I was a recluse who needed to sleep the whole time, now I'm getting out there and the sleep issues have decreased so much and not having to wear that flipping mask at night has made it all worthwhile, I can't begin to tell you how much I hated that, it was like at night I became "the man in the iron mask" ha ha anyway prob the best thing that ever happened to me as it gave me the kick up the bum I so desperately needed!

Yeah I can understand your frustration with the woman at your slimming group, I find that for me people assume I want a gastric band, like gps seem to assume because of my weight I am wanting one, I am always like no I don't want one, I need to deal with my emotional reasons for eating and re-educate myself with regards to food, I don't want the op, they always seem shocked that I feel that way as they have assumed I am seeing them about my weight so I can get a referral which makes me mad as I am like that is not the way I want to lose weight. I was diagnosed with an eating disorder due to my starvation and binge tendencies and I know all too well that no weight loss surgery will sort that out, so for me its a case of trying as hard as I can to do this moderation route of healthy eating with treats and trying to go against my starvation and binge urges, its tough but I luckily at the moment have the support of an eating disorder therapist and will continue to have her support until Dec I believe so I am making the most of the time I have left with her to get as much help from her as possible.

Em xx

Hi Emma again lol.. I think I posted on Chez's Thread thinking it was yours (sorry chez). Thats what happens when I cant sleep & read through the posts to to stop me from the midnight snacking I use to do...Guess I need to leave my L-plates forum poster tag on a bit longer. Congrats on your losses & seeing your posts on other threads I just want to say what a wise & encouraging member you are :)

PS it so nice to see members clicking so well :)

Emma- just want to say that you are making incredible progress. Well done you.

And Pipaluk, fantastic result and Happy Birthday! What a great present to yourself- a whole new you!

thanks Dee , well done on the weight loss and welcome to the group, its such a lovely part of the forum, I find this personally one of the most supportive parts of minimins, I guess for me I like the fact its not competitive, its about each of us losing weight the best way we can and being there for each other along the way. I tell you before I started my healthy eating plan just over 5 weeks ago I felt quite alone as even though I do have good friends and a supportive family nobody I know has to lose the kind of weight I have to and so its been wonderful finding this group where I can chat with people who understand the struggles of having to face losing so much weight etc. I look forward to chatting with you on here, Em xx

thanks faery_lights, you are doing so well as well, we can do it!!, Em xx

Yay another 3 lbs off this week! thats 1 st 11 lbs (25 lbs) off in 6 weeks on a healthy eating plan, I'm mega happy right now! Em xx

Well done again Emma :) I feel like I have gained about 1stone after last night lol x

Hi Emma. After your nice comments on my post have found yours.
Find it really inspiring your have done so well following a healthy eating diet similar to what i am planning.

thanks pipaluk, oh I have had nights like that, I tell you after my meal out the other day I really over did it and basically had to roll away from the table ha ha!

thanks MissAmy, I really hope you do well on your plan, I know I am a bit biased but I think a healthy eating plan is the way to go, I still have my food treats, I love my meals out with my friends so save my treat times to when I am out in company, its always good to reward yourself with treats be it food ones or non food ones or a mixture of the two!

Oh thanks xMariex, hope you are ok as I know you have alot on your plate right now, hugs, Em xx

lost 4 lbs this week so thats 29 lbs (2 stone 1 lb) in 7 weeks - yay! I am so pleased at the moment, this is the best I have done in years and best thing is I am doing it through healthy eating! Em xx

Thats brilliant, well done :) What are your meals like? Are you calorie counting?

Well done Emma, you should be very proud of yourself! Your consistent losses are very inspiring! Came to find your thread after your kind words to me on another thread, will enjoy following your journey.

Claire x

Huge well done to you again xx

thanks Andi, yes I'm calorie counting plus watching carb intake, that said as I am a veggie I find doing low carb near impossible for me so I just keep it to something like 120g-150g of carb a day at the most and it seems to work. I have to say my meals are much smaller now than they used to be as my appetite has def shrunk! The thing is before going on this plan I was a binge eater, I would starve all day and have mega binges every evening, it was crazy and would consume well must be 5000 or so calories in one go if not more at times I am ashamed to say and my weight was just piling on. I have to say I have done a step down process with the calories as I didn't believe in going too low immediately, I went to 2000 kcals a day in the first week and a bit which seems alot but because of what I had been consuming this was so low! then I stepped it down to 1800 or thereabouts and now I aim for 1500 to 1700 calories a day and its seems to suit me at this time. I have to say I have noticed as soon as I have a day or so when I try and restrict my calories too much my weight doesn't come off half as easily which seems crazy but I am happy to go with it, I will admit most days I am basically bang on 1700 which I know is higher than others allow themselves but due to my start weight being so much and the way my weight is coming off I think that is fine for me, I will just adjust the amount of calories as I lose weight.

What is the JUDD plan Andi? don't know much about it, well done on your first week weight loss as well, Em

Last edited:
Back