Fish Pedicure

WelshJojo

Gold Member
Hi, just wondered if anyone has had one of those Gara Ruffa fish pedicure things?? Am seriously thinking about it as I've got quite a bit of hard skin on my feet since I've been running. Any comments or feedback would be gratefully received. Thanks :D

I've heard the first five mins are giggles, then it's a bit easier after that... Taking my aunty and mum as their Mother's Day presents, will let you know how it was if we get them there before you get there! x

One of my friends tried it and hated it. She said never again. The fish went all between her toes. She said she will stick with a pumice stone! You can see a video on you tube

kindleuser said:
Was reading an article in a newspaper last week saying they were not hygienic - will see if I can find it.

I've read that,and all the other reports online- but I was just asking people for their experiences thats all.

10st10lbs said:
I've heard the first five mins are giggles, then it's a bit easier after that... Taking my aunty and mum as their Mother's Day presents, will let you know how it was if we get them there before you get there! x

I've had one, was weird at first (and i couldn't look down at my own feet) but then a sort of tingly light pins and needles feeling quite relaxing (was strange when they went between your toes!!). The fish don't eat your skin they just suck and remove it. I would definately have another my feet were lovely and smooth afterwards. x

Am scared of fish (weird i know - and makes snorkeling on hols a no go!!) so no chance of me having one of these!!

Makes me feel sick! I can't even get in the sea if I've seen fish in there

Although I enjoyed the experience, being served jasmine tea and a lovely foot massage afterwards I didn't actually think it was that effective at removing hard skin even though it was quite a giggle.. I kept shrieking and giggling!

I so so so want a go!!! I don't want to go on my own though, and everyone I know is too wussy :p

Think my mum thinks they are pirahnas or something haha

I've read that,and all the other reports online- but I was just asking people for their experiences thats all.

Not to be pedantic, but what you actually said was "any comments or feedback gratefully received" just thought your comment above was a bit harsh when someone had gone to the trouble of finding an article for you. That's all.

ANYWAY!

Personally I thought it was an awesome experiance. yes it does tickle but you get used to it. My feet felt lovely afterwards. If you have any cuts on your feet though you need to cover them up with plasters. Oh and be prepared to lose your nail varnish!

Sarah-Jayne said:
ANYWAY!

Personally I thought it was an awesome experiance. yes it does tickle but you get used to it. My feet felt lovely afterwards. If you have any cuts on your feet though you need to cover them up with plasters. Oh and be prepared to lose your nail varnish!

Thanks Sarah jayne :D

Back