How on earth do you get rid of them. We're really enjoying the fish we're eating but the house reeks of it and my oven seems to for days after as well even though the fish has been wrapped in foil. All ideas greatfully received
Open the windows/use the extractor fan maybe? Or try a plug-in air freshener in the kitchen? Apparently leaving a bowl of vinegar in a room overnight 'absorbs' the smell but I've never tried it myself.
we use "chefs candles", not sure where we got them from but they seem to do the trick! theyre just like little tealights with extracts of basil, patchouli and geranium? we just light one and leave it in the kitchen with the door shut for a few hours and it seems to do the trick another thing, would be to take your bin bag out cos the skin/bones etc could be in making your bin smell - hope the smell goes soon!! xx
edit: just googled them, you can get them from lakeland and candle shops
Thanks everyone The smell has gone now thank goodness but I'll try candles and onion and vinegar. I had the window open and extractor on when I was cooking it but probably didn't leave it on long enough.