FISHY TAIL

Texty_F

Gold Member
Has anyone tried Basa fish before?? I bought some smoked Basa and no idea what it will taste like, ive googled it and apparently its a type of catfish lol.

Shall I close my eyes and imagine its Cod :confused:

I've never heard of it but knowing you it will turn up in some fantastic recipe and look delicious lol x

Lol thanks hun i love your faith in me. I think Ill play safe and do it with some boiled potatoes in their skins and some veg and find some kind of sauce to go with it

It is Cavegirl thanks hun - I googled it as Id never heard of it - I tend to do these things lol buy them before I know what they are or how to cook them

I probably wont like it lol but thought Id try it anyway - you dont know till you try it right? :D

Its quite a nice firm white fish. I have breadcrumbed it and baked it but like using it in fish curries as it holds together quite well and doesn't fall apart if you chop it up nice and chunky.

Thanks ceebeee - its already smoked and im not normally a fish lover so dont think I could eat it in a curry lol - I know im a fussy bugga

Hey hun
I picked up some reduced fish yesterday at Tesco called "River Cobbler" but I can't see it anywhere in the food optimising book.
Please can someone help and let me know if you can have it?
I don't normally eat much fish but wanted to try some new stuff that I've not had before.
Thanks so much xxxx

River Cobbler and Basa are the same fish! Chow down! No reason why it wouldn't be a free food, I don't think.

River Cobbler and Basa are the same fish! Chow down! No reason why it wouldn't be a free food, I don't think.

Ahhh thanks for that Hun. Even basa isn't listed so god knows why and why do they have to name it something else to confuse me? Lol x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

River cobbler lol its just a white fish hun. Syn free I just did mine in the oven in some tin foil

Back