fist week ss DONE!!

standrewsbride23 said:
My BMI was literally just under 40, my CDC said if it was over 40 she would have had to get my docs permission or something? Bloody awful, how on earth did I let it get so bad! :(

So glad you're all here to talk to, my friends don't agree with the diet so aren't v supportive xxx

Mine started at just under 40 at the end of Jan. It's now a bit over 30. I am tall & had no idea how heavy I was. My friends aren't supportive either so I told them I had changed to low carb.

I used to try & do a wk at a time on ss & think I would let myself move to ss+ the following wk if I needed to. I never actually needed to!

14 weeks seems so long away lol, do you notice quite a difference huni? I only have just over 28 weeks until my wedding so hoping I can do it until then and lose a lot. Its actually not as hard as I thought it would be so fingers crossed xxx

My BMI was literally just under 40, my CDC said if it was over 40 she would have had to get my docs permission or something? Bloody awful, how on earth did I let it get so bad! :(

So glad you're all here to talk to, my friends don't agree with the diet so aren't v supportive xxx

I am lucky, all my family and friends are really supportive. I had to get my docs permission cos I'm on anti depressants. I saw her today and she can't believe how well I'm doing - those people who don't agree it's probably because they don't have the willpower to do it themselves, but it's easier to disagree with it than admit they couldn't hack it.
Just keep strong and we're always here to support you...and should you have a blip then feel free to visit the naughty step...there's room for everyone as we are all human..
xx

I've lost 4st 3 in that time. After 2 wks I couldn't really have cared less about food. It smelt nice & I liked the look of it but it just wasn't something I 'did'. Now I'm on 810 & it feels like year ago. Take it a day at a time & you'll get there.

Hi StAndrewsbride, Im in Glenrothes and my CDC doesnt travel as far as I know. Katy, im exactly the same as you...apart from feeling a bit faint yesterday afternoon (right before i was due my soup) i have not had any side effects, and havent felt hungry either.....its definately the mental attitude to food that has (and will continue) been my issue. One person has on their signature on here "dont reward yourself with food, you are not a dog" and I really need to use this as my mantra - food was my reward after a busy day, stressful afternoon, any excuse really - but especially when im bored! I have tried the going to bed thing, but i couldnt sleep and have been having weird dreams too. x :)

I am lucky, all my family and friends are really supportive. I had to get my docs permission cos I'm on anti depressants. I saw her today and she can't believe how well I'm doing - those people who don't agree it's probably because they don't have the willpower to do it themselves, but it's easier to disagree with it than admit they couldn't hack it.
Just keep strong and we're always here to support you...and should you have a blip then feel free to visit the naughty step...there's room for everyone as we are all human..
xx

haha, thanks - didn't realise there was a naughty step lol! Going to try my hardest not to but I realise its early days, I have the best intentions anyway lol.

Its crazy, 3/4lb a week doesn't sound like much but it soon adds up, sounds much better in stones for some reason lol! xxx

Hi StAndrewsbride, Im in Glenrothes and my CDC doesnt travel as far as I know. Katy, im exactly the same as you...apart from feeling a bit faint yesterday afternoon (right before i was due my soup) i have not had any side effects, and havent felt hungry either.....its definately the mental attitude to food that has (and will continue) been my issue. One person has on their signature on here "dont reward yourself with food, you are not a dog" and I really need to use this as my mantra - food was my reward after a busy day, stressful afternoon, any excuse really - but especially when im bored! I have tried the going to bed thing, but i couldnt sleep and have been having weird dreams too. x :)

haha, I saw that dog quote too, made me laugh! I have family in glenrothes, small world!! xx

btw, does anyone know how soon ketosis (is that right?) starts? xxx

Ill be here to support you StAndrewsbride - my friends arent supportive either (i think they are happy with me being the fat one!!) and one even came round with a chippy for me last night. When i was only on my diet for 2 days. And said "oh c'mon, surely you can have a couple of chips!!!!!!! It is a small world indeed hun, hopefully we can support each other in this. Ketosis can start straight away if you were on low carbs before SS im aware - keep me right guys - but by Day 3 i think its really supposed to start. Can anyone advise about sticks to test for ketosis? x

Ill be here to support you StAndrewsbride - my friends arent supportive either (i think they are happy with me being the fat one!!) and one even came round with a chippy for me last night. When i was only on my diet for 2 days. And said "oh c'mon, surely you can have a couple of chips!!!!!!! It is a small world indeed hun, hopefully we can support each other in this. Ketosis can start straight away if you were on low carbs before SS im aware - keep me right guys - but by Day 3 i think its really supposed to start. Can anyone advise about sticks to test for ketosis? x

thanks hun, my friends and family are the exact same and I was thinking it was for the same reason (being the fat one)
I was on quite a lot of carbs as thats mainly what I eat so god knows when it will start for me, hopefully not too long! I got 2 sticks from my CDC and she said to test on day 4 xxx

I never bothered with sticks, you'll know whether you are. You have more energy, don't feel ill & often have a strange taste in your mouth/ hade bad breath.

Haha that saying is so true Sacha and I totally agree.

Also about the friends thing.. Ive only told my closest friend who is supportive, when discussing starting this plan with friends they were all so negative! Thats why this place forum is goin to be so helpful to all of us! I also use twitter and have some people on the plan too which is helpful x

Just made the kids tea and feeling pretty rubbish, could really do with something to chew but I know if I start I wont be able to stop :cry:tried a toffee and walnut shake just a second ago and it was so awful I just put it down the sink. Got to go to asda now to get stuff in for tea tomorrow, this is going to so much fun!
Argh, early to bed tonight I think.

Made it out of asda without buying anything for myself, yay!

Well done! Supermarkets can be so tempting shows you are doing well to resist! X

thanks huni, had to completely avoid my favourite aisles lol. Smelling the bread was torture haha xx

Hello, I've just finished week one and have lost 7lbs so am chuffed! I found it easy to follow and, although I'd still like a hunk of cheese or a packet of crisps every now and again, it's not through hunger but just for something tasty. I'm following the ss+ so I can have some solid food and it's seems to be working so am really hoping this is finally something that works for me.

Good luck to everyone on their journeys!

Stanndrewsbride well done! Whens your first weigh in?

Ali well done also, great loss :) i lost 8 i am on my 8th day x

I found the first four days really tough feeling sick and hungry but after that felt fine! However.... Tonight went out for family meal had chicken tikka so prob not in ketosis now and I honestly did not enjoy it. Never felt so uncomfortable and bloated! Really hope I don't have to get back into ketosis again cause I'll be miserable lol. Oh and im on sole source btw

How about for u? X

Back