Fitbug ??

Up to you!

well done dizzy !!!

hi bex - yes i remember you now too over ontthe pink site - gees must check to see whats happening over there - when cambridge took over just did not seem the same.

well done dizzy !!!

hi bex - yes i remember you now too over ontthe pink site - gees must check to see whats happening over there - when cambridge took over just did not seem the same.

Hi Shaz,

I barely go on there now, i know hardly anyone and its all diet diet diet! It was a godsend when i started the diet last June though, and i wouldnt be 4 and a half stone lighter without it!

Bex xx

Hi Dizzy :)

I wouldnt bother joining Fitbug. I have paid £55 for the bug and a 3 month subscription. TBH the site is cr@p and you would be much better off getting a Bug and then joining Weight Loss Resources and entering your walking on there.

Sorry to butt in - thats just MHO - am finding the site unreliable and cumbersome to use.

The Bug is great tho - am using it every day and have really upped my activity levels!!!

Tasha

I wouldnt bother joining Fitbug. I have paid £55 for the bug and a 3 month subscription. TBH the site is cr@p and you would be much better off getting a Bug and then joining Weight Loss Resources and entering your walking on there.

Sorry to butt in - thats just MHO - am finding the site unreliable and cumbersome to use.

The Bug is great tho - am using it every day and have really upped my activity levels!!!

Tasha

Hi Tasha

I thanks for the advice. I think I will buy one of those pedometers like you suggest. I have just started a thread with a League table - to record your daily steps in the Health and nutrition section. So get stepping today and PM me your steps tomorrow.

Hope everything else is going well for you. Will we be seeing you in Bath?

Dizzy x

Tasha

I am with you on this one Tasha, I really cant get to grips with Fitbugs site as the nutrition side just infuriates me so much!!

I am joining WLR today as my free trial runs out and will be entering all my food and exercise on there.

I am disappointed that the Fitbug site is so difficult to use, and to be honest if I had paid full price would be very annoyed at the waste of money.

The Fitbug pedometer itself if a fantastic little thing, its just a shame its let down by the website. Maybe in time it will improve but for now WLR will be getting my money!

Deb x

Will definately be posting my steps onto the league - great idea that :D

Unfortunately - I wont be able to make Bath - I have booked a week (a whole week:D :eek: ) at Center Parcs for the family from 13/4 to 20/4!!!! Soooo looking forward to that but sad I wont be able to come to Bath.

Hope all okay with you

Tasha:)

I am with you on this one Tasha, I really cant get to grips with Fitbugs site as the nutrition side just infuriates me so much!!

I am joining WLR today as my free trial runs out and will be entering all my food and exercise on there.

I am disappointed that the Fitbug site is so difficult to use, and to be honest if I had paid full price would be very annoyed at the waste of money.

The Fitbug pedometer itself if a fantastic little thing, its just a shame its let down by the website. Maybe in time it will improve but for now WLR will be getting my money!

Deb x
Hi Deb

Thats exactly what I am going to do!!! My free trial with WLR ran out yesterday - it is so easy to use.

You are right the pedometer is really good but the site is very disappointing.

Tasha :)

Will definately be posting my steps onto the league - great idea that :D

Unfortunately - I wont be able to make Bath - I have booked a week (a whole week:D :eek: ) at Center Parcs for the family from 13/4 to 20/4!!!! Soooo looking forward to that but sad I wont be able to come to Bath.

Hope all okay with you

Tasha:)

Shame and Bath but lucky you going to CP for a whole week. We can only ever afford a weekend (it not cheap is it!)

If I were you re Fitbug I would contact them and complain. They will probably accept that the site is not good at the moment and may offer you to take your 3 months membership from when the problems are ironed out. You may also like to mention that a group of friends want to join too but you have been unable to recommend at the moment.

You deserve to hae value for money and what you paid for and you haven't if they are wise they will deal with your complain graciously and generously. Well worth an email I'd say! The FITBUG concept is a good one so worth giving them the opportunity to put things right.

Dizzy x

Unfortunatly that version of the omron pedometer is not advailable on its own in the uk yet, it is in the usa on AMazon, but they wont ship it outside of america.

All in good time, id definatly get one that hooks to my pc to try it out. I have the "standard" one that doesnt come with a usb plug :p

Pierce

I have just paid for for 3 months membership of WLR :bliss: and am quite a happy bunny now having that site to log my food properly. For me its been very interesting to see how my normal daily food comes out re carbs/proteins and fats. Its very much an eye opener.

As said I am disappointed re Fitbug not being up to par, but perhaps in 3 months they will be better so could rejoin up then.

WLR is most definitely the best for now. :D :clap:

I will continue to use my fitbug pedometer for the steps etc, and just create my own targets. :D and also join in on the new league being set up on here.

Deb x

And meeeeeeee:) :) :)

You can record your walking time on the exercise diary - calculate how long and how fast and it tells you the calories used. You can then 'eat' those calories or not. (Always, in my case:D :D :D )

Tasha

This is my second year of using WLR (though I did use it a few years ago...but this time, really properly!) I pay for 6 months at a go now and it works out £1.61 per week, which is good for the use I get out of it.
You can record your walking time on the exercise diary - calculate how long and how fast and it tells you the calories used. )

Well yes...you could do it that way, but the way I used it as mentioned before would work out more accurately though IMO.

You need to take account of the the activity level you stated take that off. No need for WLR to work out the calories, your fitbug does that :)

Scroll back and find my message...it took many brain cells to work out the solution to using WLR and fitbug together:D

BTW. I have WLR down to such a fine art now :D Takes me about 30secs to input all my days food...and another 10 secs to put in fitbug cals :cool:

This is my second year of using WLR (though I did use it a few years ago...but this time, really properly!) I pay for 6 months at a go now and it works out £1.61 per week, which is good for the use I get out of it.

Well yes...you could do it that way, but the way I used it as mentioned before would work out more accurately though IMO.

You need to take account of the the activity level you stated take that off. No need for WLR to work out the calories, your fitbug does that :)

Scroll back and find my message...it took many brain cells to work out the solution to using WLR and fitbug together:D

BTW. I have WLR down to such a fine art now :D Takes me about 30secs to input all my days food...and another 10 secs to put in fitbug cals :cool:

Thats a good idea :D

Do you put in all the calories that Fitbug show for the day? Because Ive noticed that you 'earn' calories for just normal walking around as well as 'planned walks'.

Today for example per minutes walked this morning Ive earnt around 230 calories but my figbug will show around 400 for the whole of today.

Sorry - am probably getting a bit anal about this :rolleyes:

Tasha

Thats a good idea :D

Do you put in all the calories that Fitbug show for the day? Because Ive noticed that you 'earn' calories for just normal walking around as well as 'planned walks'.

Today for example per minutes walked this morning Ive earnt around 230 calories but my figbug will show around 400 for the whole of today.

Sorry - am probably getting a bit anal about this :rolleyes:

Tasha

Yes I put in the lot but as I said earlier, I have now set my activity level to sedentary (which basically means I am doing nothing!). It puts your calorie allowance right down, assuming you are bedbound, then you can add all your bugs calories as no activity has been accounted for
Clap1.gif

I was so chuffed to suss that out. D'oh!

One of those lightbulb moments that I wanted to tell everyone about :D

thats kind of what I am going to do. :D

Enter my cals from the fitbug for the day, so it will have any normal and extra walking.

Then at night when I go on the cross trainer, I wont wear the fitbug but will enter the cals and mins details that the trainer displays.

I think I am getting a bit carried away too. Am even printing out my daily food record. How sad am I getting. :crazy::D

Hi all

Just catching up - been offline for 3 days and got 1000's of posts to catch up with.

Really interested to read about your solution to using WLR Karion, I've not yet decided what I'll do when my FB subscription runs out - I think it's in April, but if things don't improve much on the FB site by then, I too may well defect to WLR, as you all say it's certainly so much easier to use (and understand) than FB.

Hi All

Another site to consider if you want to record steps, list daily food intake, receive motivational e-mails and be given a personalised low GI diet and fitness plan and a forum to use is celebrity Personal trainer, Nicki Waterman's site (from GMTV and The Sun's fit squad).

For £24.99 per year you get full access to her site and a free pedometer valued at £9.99 (no uploading - you just enter your pedometer steps into the site yourself) - I used her site last year before finding Fitbug but after the launch of the new fitbug site I think I prefer Nicki's set up.

Nicki Waterman - the UK’s number one fitness, health and diet expert

Back