Fitbug ??

Looks like it was all down to timing that KD could log on and Coley and i cant. Kd bought the same bug but registered it before the site changed. So it probably isnt the ebay sellers fault, but he has still mis-sold the goods as the item isnt as description. So he should give us a refund.

I think there's more to it though, as he isnt answering email queries from myself or Coley. I will be taking it further when my 10 days are up since the sale. Unless fitbug can sort it, which Coley has been investigating.

I am still feeling really c**p. Not done any extra fitbugging since before the weekend.:( Think its definately this nastly flu bug that everyone seems to be taking ages to get over.

I'm not being mean to him or anything, but I expect not to be ignored!! I hate hate hate hate being ignored.

True, its not his fault the site has changed, but its not my fault either. What he said it could do, it can't and thats the problem. Not his fault, but that is simply the case.

All just a bit unfortunate but its the not replying that gets me!!

Waiting on fitbug to get back to me......hrm....how long does it take to check if you can get a different subscription sorted when you're in head office?:confused::confused:

Sorry you guys are having problems with fitbug.:( I bought mine direct from fit bug - paid 55:D for the bug and 3 months membership. I am finding the bug brilliant - however the site is very cumbersome - it is taking my bug details fine but the food diary is a pain in the proverbial - didnt recognise a ruddy kitkat!!!!:eek: Only appears to have items from Asda and Somerfield at the moment.

Other parts of the site dont appear to be working for me - I cant get onto the forums and keep asking for targets but nothing is forthcoming.

I am assuming that they are having teething troubles with the new site :confused: - so maybe if we wait awhile things will sort themselves out??

Heres hoping!!!:)

Tasha

Typical! The fitbug woman just rang me, but i didnt get to the phone in time, and it was on answerphone when i returned the call! AAArrrggghhhh!

Tashy, by the sounds of it, yours is just a fancy pedometer at the mo anyway? Until the site is working properly? Hardly worth joining up until then!:eek: Think i will get my money back from e bay, and wait until fitbug sort themselves out!:banghead: :badmood:

Hi Bex

Sounds like a plan - I have had responses to my emails from fitbug today - all pretty much saying that things will be better next week. No targets are being set this week for anyone (including long time members) due to the site change.

I think it would be wise to wait a while whilst they sort out their teething problems.

Tasha

Yes, the food diary is cumbersome. Not a great amount in there. When it first re-opened, I did a few days meal plans, but it wasn't the most straightforward.

I could put in my own items, which I did, but because they are only going to put them in the main database periodically, it meant that they just stayed in my favourites and I also couldn't make use of others entries.

On WLR, it goes into the database almost immediately. It's really hard to enter the info incorrectly, and though to do get the odd thing that needs querying, it's generally a very substantial database.

But then it's been going for many years, so has had time to build.

I didn't like it that I couldn't call on my favourites for recipes, so even though I had entered the details, I couldn't use them for this purpose.

I also didn't like the fact that you can't organise the favourites. I probably have a couple of hundred listed, and it's a pain searching through it. Goodness knows what it would be like if I had continued to use it for the next few months!

Meanwhile, for the food input, I'll go back to WLR.

My targets haven't been updated this week. No targets have for anyone, so I'm still set on aiming for 0.

If they continue to expand and develop the website, then it could be good. It's an excellent idea, but needs loads of work still.

Having had a little play with the site now, I have to agree it does need a lot of work on it. Theres a lot that doesnt work properly.

The Nutrition side of things is I think quite hard to use. Foods I would expect to be in arnt! :eek: and building up your own database is very tiresome.

As for entering stuff that you have made yourself (eg veg soup) I havent got a clue how to do that!! so cant enter it!!

I do hope it improves a lot, so will be interesting to see how it goes over next month. If its not then I dont think I will continue with my membership of it.

Must admit I am disappointed at the moment. :break_diet:

Hiya Deb

For your own soup and things you make you enter them as recipes - I did this the other evening with some burgers I made and it worked quite well, once I worked out how to change the name!

I'm finding it a pain this week entering all my foods, but I've saved each day as it's own plan - we generally eat the same thing each day of the week, so all I'll need to do next week is pull up each day and edit it as necessary, so it should be a lot easier then.

i agree it would be a help if a lot of pretty everyday things were in there. What's annoying is that a few months ago they asked Fitbuggers to enter any foods they would like to see in the new food list, so i entered loads of things I have all the time, like my muesli, smoothies etc and none of them are in the list :rolleyes:

thanks for the tip MD, just tried again and managed to enter my chickpea soup!! :D , so at least can do that now! Cheers.

Just discovered though I havent saved yesterdays menu properly and its showing the same as today!! :mad: :banghead: , so will need to enter it again. It is so fiddly to use. !!

Does anyone get a lot of html code at the bottom of the Nutrition page ??? I have on mine.

I cant access the forum either. :sigh:

I am amazed at the lack of chocolate bars in the database. :giggle: as am sure like most 'dieters' it was the first thing I looked for and couldnt find any. :D

Noticed I am SO LAST in the leagues. :boohoo: :giveup: :crazy: :hide: :confused: :cry: :D

Oh don't know why you can't on the forum - what a pain, hope it gets sorted for you.

yes I do get all the code at the bottom of the page - still plenty of bugs (ha, ha) in the system methinks!

When you enter food for the day, i do mine during the day, make sure you change the name of it to whatever you want and then it saves it automatically as you go along, when you add something different, make sure you've got the right plan at the top as it automatically gives you a new plan each time. It is fiddly that's for sure, but I think I'm getting the hang of it now - I've found it quite rewarding that for the last two days my arrow has been sliding down into the "lose weight" section of the little chart thingy, so hopefully I'm doing something right!

I think fiddly is an understatement re the Nurtition side of things, unless I am just being particularliy dense.:confused:

So today is the start of a new month, going to try and work out how to do the food diary thing and keep an accurate record and see how it goes. I have used other food diaries in the past and this one isnt the easiest of ones to use.

Its telling me to have 1400 cals a day to loose weight. :eek: Thats seems a lot to me ? or is eveyones showing the same figure right now ? while the site is still being worked on.

Whats a sensible cal target to aim for to loose a bit of weight. 1000 a day ?? :eat: :)

I think 1400 is about right that's what it's set for me too. Most WW/SW type plans usually work out around 1500 cals per day and you'll still lose on 1400. Especially as you don't have much to lose now, so it's going to be slower anyway. You could do a bit less if you wanted but if you go down to 1000 you may need to think about having CD packs again because it's unlikely you'll be getting all your vits on that many cals - 1000 is still considered a low calorie diet.

I'm going to go with the 1400 and see how I get on for now. Although been a bit over this week, but still getting the weight loss arrow most days, so I think all in all I'm doing ok.

Hi Cavycrazy

I've been using fitbug since oct 06 and have never been able to access the forums while using AOL (the redirection page just keeps flashing but never redirects me!) - the rest of the site works perfectly though!

I can use the whole site AND the forums if I access the Fitbug site through Internet Explorer - try it and see if that works.

There used to be a mention on the old site of the recommended browsers (Internet Explorer and Firefox). Obviously AOL is not one of them. I hoped things might be different with the new site but no such luck.

When I contacted Fitbug last year about this they said they had never come across the problem before.

I've stopped using the nutrition page. Since they only give you 7 plans, I thought I'd enter my meal plans as recipes, but I can't call up items I put the nutritional info for...only those in the main database. So annoying.

Hate the way you can't organise your favourites too.

Oh, and I thought I'd join the league (after much deliberation :D), but can't seem to do that....will try with IE.

Walking. Very silly me. Walked far too far to the shops, picked up a whole load of stuff, then didn't want to walk back! Did it though....and got 6,841 aerobic steps:clap: and 9,143 regular ones.

But, forgot it was gym night:eek::doh: Got to go to that! And a busy teaching day this afternoon and evening.

Bother!

Aha, yep..managed to join the league with IE. Can't see anything yet, but it'll take time to update I believe.

Oh excellent KD - And Wow on the aerobic steps.

I finally hit the 10000 mark yesterday - only because I went shopping but I was at 9989 and i walked in a circle just to see that 10000 number - Felt great.

i walked in a circle just to see that 10000 number - Felt great.

LOL. Does make you get like that doesn't it :D

I gave myself a target on Wednesday since Fitbug can't yet and couldn't wait any longer.

Anyway, when I fell over I quickly checked to see whether the bug had given me any extra steps :D Felt it was at least worth a dozen....but I only got one!!:eek:

Well done for getting your 10,000! Fab work. It's a lot innit! Can't understand these people aiming for 45,000:eek:

45000 :eek: :eek: :eek:

I think I would run out of sole on my trainers and have blisters the size of a dinner plate!!

Do these people have nothing else to do!!!!:)

Back