Fitbug ??

if you go down to 1000 you may need to think about having CD packs again because it's unlikely you'll be getting all your vits on that many cals - 1000 is still considered a low calorie diet.

thanks for info MD, having never counted cals before I dont know whats what with it, and 1400 sounded very high. I am still struggling with Fitbugs nutrition page, and just feel like screaming at it. I used PCs all the time, different prog but this just defeats me!! :mad:.

Had a play with the WLR one and its so easy to use! In fact its a delight to use after Fitbugs one.

The thing is I want to just use one site (preferably Fitbug) so can incorporate my steps etc from my bug, but as it stands I am just going round in circles trying to enter my food. Grrr!!!

I am so glad I didnt pay the full price as I would not be a very happy customer of Fitbugs. There must be a lot of disgruntled customers out there right now. !! Its a shame as the potentional is there to be a good site, but feel its letting them down.

Was it this bad before they upgraded the site. ??

Am using IE so should be able to access things ok.!!

Wow guys you rock:D

I'm being a lazy mare today (blaming on my cold) and sitting on my big bum - so not too many steps for me today.

45,000 - you're having a larf mate!

thanks for info MD, having never counted cals before I dont know whats what with it, and 1400 sounded very high. I am still struggling with Fitbugs nutrition page, and just feel like screaming at it. I used PCs all the time, different prog but this just defeats me!! :mad:.

Had a play with the WLR one and its so easy to use! In fact its a delight to use after Fitbugs one.

The thing is I want to just use one site (preferably Fitbug) so can incorporate my steps etc from my bug, but as it stands I am just going round in circles trying to enter my food. Grrr!!!

I am so glad I didnt pay the full price as I would not be a very happy customer of Fitbugs. There must be a lot of disgruntled customers out there right now. !! Its a shame as the potentional is there to be a good site, but feel its letting them down.

Was it this bad before they upgraded the site. ??

Am using IE so should be able to access things ok.!!

If it's any consolation the nutrition pages were pants before! However, I think the problem at the moment is that some people like me can use it ok and others are still having lots of problems, which must be maddening.

WLR has always been very good, I haven't used if for over a year now so suspect it's even better than it was before, but like you I really only want to be using one site.

My fitbug membership runs out in April and I'll decide then whether to continue with it or not, depending how the gym's going, where my weight is at - LOL etc. I may at that point not rejoin, keep my bug as a pedometer, I can set my own targets after all, but it's having the incentive to stick to them that's the problem but I would then use WLR to monitor my cals. Decide nearer the time.

Not sure what to do now. The food bit on the site doesnt sound like its worth the money, and i dont want to send back my bug to the e bay seller, i have grown quite attached to it! I am feeling much better today, and have managed over 10000 steps. I feel like i am back on track! Hooray!

Not sure what to do now. The food bit on the site doesnt sound like its worth the money, and i dont want to send back my bug to the e bay seller, i have grown quite attached to it! I am feeling much better today, and have managed over 10000 steps. I feel like i am back on track! Hooray!

Why don't you just try out the site for the free month. The bug is a good pedometer without the site anyway and not a bad price just for the hardware and a months trial. By the end of the month it may improve and you may wish to renew.

Enjoy buggin' for the time being anyway.

Dizzy x

Just noticed the 'fitbug' ebay seller is no longer registered with ebay.

Dizzy x

I was trying to work out how to include my steps into WLR

The word 'mile' comes from the Latin word for 1,000 (mille), because originally a mile was the distance a Roman legion could march in 1,000 paces from left foot to left foot.

So there are approximately 2,000 steps in a mile...here endeth the history lesson for today.

Meanwhile, onto current affairs.

I have just asked WLR if they would include steps into their activity section, so that it would update automatically into my food diary.

They have replied that they think it's a great idea and will discuss it at the next update meeting. They couldn't give a time scale though :( But promising nevertheless.

Okay, so it won't upload onto their site, but it would be fine to just enter what I see on my bug:)

Just hope it comes before I've become bored with my fitbug:rolleyes:

I think you can still continue with the dispute as before Bex.

Did you 'call up' his details?

Right...think I've sorted out how I'm going to use my fitbug.

I have set my details on WLR as sedentary. That means I'm doing nothing (which is close to the truth :D )

I've made up a exercise favourite for Fitbug which will include how many calories I've earned the day before, and I can just enter it as an exercise into my food diary. Will take a couple of seconds

Perfect....won't need to use the fitbug site at all. Will continue to load on the fitbug site until the sub. runs out (which could be anytime)...but I think I've found the perfect solution for me anyway :)

Not yet KD, still deciding what to do. By the sounds of it, the fitbug site is rubbish anyway, so i dont really want to take out a subscription. Therefore i THINK i will keep my bug and just use it to motivate myself. It annoys me that the seller has gotten away with it though! I wanted to join in the challenge that Shazza set up on the fitbug site, but its not worth the money just for that.

In fact, couldn't we just set up a thread on it here? And log our daily/weekly steps, just for a bit of fun?

It annoys me that the seller has gotten away with it though! I wanted to join in the challenge that Shazza set up on the fitbug site, but its not worth the money just for that.

In fact, couldn't we just set up a thread on it here? And log our daily/weekly steps, just for a bit of fun?

I think it was just very unfortunate with the seller to be honest. I very much doubt he realised that Fitbug would change the rules and to be fair, he doesn't really say there was a subscription.

As for the challenge. You're not missing much as the details are updating anyway. By the time they do, this weeks challenge will be over with anyway :(

We could certainly have a challenge here though. Watch my steps go steadily down as I start getting fed up with walking in the rain :D

I'm really pleased I've found a solution via WLR. I will keep that sub going for a bit longer now :)

Hey wannabeminime ( how do you shorten that) !!!

i dont mind joining a league on here - would be fun

just realised this is in the maintainers section

not quite there yet !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ill come back in 15 stones time............

only joking

Was just thinking the same. Organise a thread as a league. Then everyone can join even if they don't have a fitbug pedometer.

I am still considering joining Fitbug. Mizzy and me will both get one if we do. It works out about £68 a year for each of us with the DoItTogether discount. Not bad but we may just get good pedometers and join your thread you are gonna start!:whistle:
As you haven't had a response from the ebay seller I would say you are extremely unlikely to now he has gone. You could try to make a claim through ebay though. I've never bothered too myself when I've had probs just becasue I'm lazy so can't advise on the process. As you like your bug and it wasn't bad value I wouldn't get upset though. It the last thing you need.

Dizzy x

hey bex ( thats much better)

the tables are very basic - but some have divisions but i think thats fro when the league grows.

so its just a list of names in order of number of steps,

whoever wants to set it up -maybe will have to do it on a daily basis - so everyone sends in stats by a certain time and then a list is posted.

also on fitbugs - you have leagues set to monthly or weekly - i originally set it up on a weekly basis.

hope that helps

Thanks Shazza! (I remember you from the pink site!) I think i need to think about it a while, unless any of you computer whizzes wants to volunteer to run it? Especially those who are on here every day? I am not!

I'll do it if you like as I'm on nearly everyday. Not a computer whizz but I'll do it in my own very charming low tech way. If someone more able would like the challenge though feel free to volunteer.

I'll buy myself an omron so I can join in too. if I decide to get a fitbug later I'll let one of the kids have the omron.

Dizzy x

Back