Flab to Fab (hopefully!)...my weight loss diary

Just read your story, Trixie, and wanted to say thank you for sharing - you did soooo well during your pregnancy - if you can do that, you can do anything.

Re: your most recent post, I'm so sorry to hear that. It's been all over the news - just awful.

Thanks wirralmum :) I wish you all the best with your weight loss. You can do it! If I can, anyone can xx

So here we are...exactly 1 year today, I began my diet. I have lost 5st 4lbs since this very day last year. I think size 18 is starting to get a little bit too big, especially tops. So I'm gonna buy size 16 tops from now on, and next time I go into town I'm gonna try a pair of size 16 jeans on. Its my birthday at the end of this month and I'm soooo looking forward to going shopping for a pretty dress to wear on my night out. Gonna go to the gym tomorrow morning before DH goes to work. Determined to be in the 13s by my birthday, and it would be amazing if I could get into a size 16 dress. But we'll see :)

I'm struggling to come to terms with the loss of my good friend in the Durham shootings. I can't get my head around it...she had a heart of gold, and her mam was a lovely woman too. I couldn't sleep last night, kept picturing her face and thinking about when we were little and we used to play together.

Really makes you appreciate how fragile life is...we should really live each day to the full.

xxx

Feeling a little bit better about things today :)

Burned 220cals on YSFE last night which I'm pleased with. Gonna go for a run tonight when DH gets in from work too.

Gonna weigh in at the weekend again. I REALLY wanna be 199lbs....Officially out of the 200's. Fingers crossed I can do it. Last time I weighed in I was 201lbs, so we'll see.

xxx

Been mooching online looking for nice dresses to wear on my birthday night out. I'm sooo excited about the fact I can now fit into Lipsy dresses :) always wanted one, but they would never fit me :( Its amazing that I can now walk into pretty much any high street shop again and buy clothes I want to. Yeah, I'm still a size 18, I've still got a way to go until I'm completely happy...but NOTHING can bring me down right now.

xxx

Another 200cals burnt on YSFE last night :D
Didn't end up going out for a run as the weather is terrible here. So I 'ran' 2k on YSFE which I'm pretty pleased with! It was supposed to take 20mins, but I finished it in 15mins and to be honest I could have ran more lol.

xxx

Just got home from shopping in town. I decided to buy size 16 clothes..and OMG they fit me! It was sooo nice to be able to walk into River Island and know I could buy things from there! I got a few tops, all size 16 which fit me lovely. I also bought a size 16 pair of jeans, which I can get into and do up, but I need to loose a few more pounds for them to be comfortable.

Also weighed in this morning, couldn't resist :) Lost another pound which I'm pleased with. I'm currently 200lbs, so I'm hopeful that I will be 199lbs when I weigh in on Sunday.

Happy happy happy :)

Hope everyone's ok!

xxx

Love this story, you should be so proud of yourself. I hope I have the determination you do to succeed. Any tips?

Thanks NicoleW :)

The biggest tip I can give is to set small mini goals for yourself...that way, it doesn't seem like a huge task.

Another biggie is...remember to treat yourself! It doesn't have to be with food, but one day a month, I'll eat whatever I like and not feel guilty about it! I also give myself something to aim for...when I lost my first stone, I treated myself to a haircut at a posh salon. Then with each subsequent stone lost, I've bought myself a charm for my Chamilia.

And lastly...if you fall off the wagon, don't beat yourself up! Don't turn a lapse into a relapse...each day is a new day.

Best of luck with your journey :) xxx

Thank you :)

hmm small treats.. Well I've made a new years resolution to attain no more pets, so that one is out!

Could do with a nice haircut though I think, maybe go really short, or some new shoes! Oooh

I fancy getting my hair cut quite short too, not sure what I fancy. Definitely want it re-styled before my birthday at the end of the month...need to get some magazines and have a look for some inspiration lol :)
I think my husband would have a fit if I came in with another pair of shoes haha! xxx

OMG I did it! I'm 199lbs!! Soooo happy :) Lost 2lbs overall this week so I'm pretty pleased with that.
Not weighing in again until next Saturday now...need to stop weighing so often! Now I've got to 199 I'm hoping I won't be tempted to jump on the scales all the time haha.

xxx

Wow, been super busy so I haven't had much time to update this! Got a few minutes for a quick update though.

Just home from gym, burned 370cals in 40mins. Alternated between 2 and a half mins of powerwalking with 2 and a half mins of running on treadmill. Did that for 30mins, then finished off with 3.5k on the bike in 10mins. Quite pleased with my gym session today!

I'm officially in size 16 clothes now. I went shopping last weekend for a dress for my birthday night out, and I got a Lipsy dress in a size 16. SOOOOO HAPPY! I actually bought some t-shirts in a size 14 because the 16's were a little baggy. Size 16 jeans are still a tad tight, but I put them through the wash and that seems to have softened them up a bit so they're more comfy than they were before.
I bit the bullet and bought a bikini :O going to Turkey in August. We've been away each year for the past 3 years, but I was always a size 22-24 so I despised picking clothes to wear on holiday. I actually cant wait to walk into shops and buy whatever I want to this year :) I don't know whether I'll dare wear the bikini, depends how my jelly belly tones up haha, but I figure it was only £6 from Primark so if I don't feel comfy wearing it I'm not gonna get upset about it.

Weighed in this morning, and I'm 194lbs...13stone 12lbs :D brings my total weight loss to 81lbs (5stone 11lbs). 19lbs to go until I reach my initial goal weight eeeek! Hoping to do it by the time I finish maternity leave on the 12th March. They won't recognise me haha! It's my birthday next Friday though, so I'm obviously gonna be treating myself. DH has booked us into the Hilton in Newcastle eeeeeeek so excited and we're going out on the town. Haven't been out in such a long time, in fact it'll be my first night out since October 2010 so I think its well overdue!

Happy happy happy :)
xxx

I weighed again this morning, as I did a mega exercise session yesterday and burned 500cals so I wanted to see if it had any effect! I've lost another 2lbs since I weighed 2 days ago which is surprising but very welcome! I've really increased the amount of exercise I do and it seems to be paying off, its really kick started my weight loss again as I felt it began to slow down towards the end of last year. So I'm currently 192lbs, just 1lb away from losing 6stone now! 17lbs to go to my initial target weight whoooo.

Tried to go for a run this morning before hubby went to work, but barely managed to run half before I had to come home, my knee really started hurting so I think I'm gonna have a day off from exercise today. Hubby has a whole week off work once he finishes tomorrow so I'm hoping to hammer the gym next week seeing as he'll be able to watch the kiddies :D I'm turning into a proper little gym bunny haha!

xxx

Wow, time for an update methinks.
So, I had my birthday weekend away with the hubby and we had a lovely time. A few meals out, a few cheeky drinks, was really nice :) I wore my size 16 Lipsy dress on Saturday night which was amazing, and I actually felt like I looked nice for the first time in a LONG time.

Weighed myself this morning and I've put on 2lbs, which is to be expected after having several meals out over the weekend. Just home from the gym, and I burned 600cals, spent an hour on the treadmill doing interval training so I'll hopefully have those 2lbs off this week.

It was my birthday on Friday and I wore size 16 jeans :) they are now comfy to wear. I went shopping on Sunday and I tried a couple of pairs of 16 jeans on and again they all fit lovely. And whats more....I own a Bench t-shirt in a size 14! And whats even more...I bought 2 jumpers from Primark....IN A SIZE FREAKIN' 12! Haha I'm not deluded, I know they only fit me cos they're jumpers and they have a bit of strectch in them, but who gives a toss, I am currently sitting typing this post in size 16 jeans and a size 12 jumper! Eeeek! I did try the jumpers in a 14 but they were far too big.
I also bought a vest top in a size 14 which fits, and a pair of PJ's from Asda in a size 12-14 and they all fit which is fabby fab FAB! Its just so bizarre. I find myself going into the shops, picking up these smaller sizes and looking at it and thinking 'theres no way on Gods earth thats gonna fit me', but when I try it it does fit. I'm starting to buy bits of clothes for the kids for Turkey, so I got the holiday cases out and was sorting through all my old holiday clothes. It tried on a pair of size 24 cargo pants I used to wear on holiday, and they used to fit me quite snugly, but OMG they now just fall straight down and the amount of room in them is unbelievable! I could probably fit another person in them with me lol. I'll have to try and post a photo of it.

I'm gonna start paying less attention to the scales now and start focusing on dress size in terms of gauging my 'happiness'. I'm starting to build muscle mass now, especially in my legs so I don't want to see the scales stall cos of the extra weight due to the muscle.

So I have achieved all my January mini-goals I set, which I'm mega pleased with. In terms of my goals for February, I haven't really decided on any yet. I would like to get into the 12's In Feb, but I'm realistic. I currently weigh 13st 12lbs cos of my 2lbs weight gain, hopefully that shifts pretty quickly, so I'd need to lose around 3lbs a week throughout Feb to get into the 12's by the end of the month. But we'll see what happens!

Over and out :)
xxxx

So i weighed today, and I'm 13stone 11lbs, which means I've lost 1lb of the weight I gained over the weekend. Fingers crossed I can shift the other pound by the end of the week!

Tried a coat on in Asda today in a size 14 and it fit me :)

xxx

I weighed in again this morning despite only weighing 2 days ago, but I think me and DH are going out for drinks tonight so thought it would be best to do it today. Anyway, I am VERY pleased, I weigh 13stone 8lbs (190lbs)! Very happy :D all the exercise is really making a huge difference. Brings my total weight loss to 6stone 1lbs, just 15lbs to go until I reach my initial goal weight! JUST OVER A STONE TO GO NOW!! Happy days :D xxx

whooo, lost another 5lb this week! I now weigh 13stone 3lbs (185lbs)....just 10lbs to go until I meet my initial target weight! Total weight loss to date is 6stone 6lbs xxx

Haven't updated for a while now.
Been a bit up and down recently. Ive been finding it a struggle to lose weight recently, despite not changing my diet or exercise regime. After a lot of thinking, the only thing I can attribute it to is the Pill, Cerazette. I started taking this at the start of January, which seems to tie in with my struggle to lose. That said, I have definitely noticed that I'm starting to gain muscle mass, and as we all know muscle weighs more than fat so perhaps thats off-setting my weight loss? Who can tell lol.

Anyway, I've stopped taking the Pill now. My weight loss slowing down prompted me to stop taking it, but that aside I wasn't really getting on with it anyway, I had a host of other issues with it.

So, I weighed in this morning, and i'm 12st 12lbs (180lbs) which is amazing as I'm now in the 12s. Ive lost 5lbs since I last updated this journal 3 weeks ago, I know its a decent loss but its considerably less than I've had in the past. I just need to accept that as I close in on my goal weight, its gonna slow down and become harder to shift. Overall though I am very happy with things. I got a pair of size 14 jeans from New Look yesterday. The Bench t-shirt I got for my birthday in january is now really baggy on me, so DH bought me another one in size Medium which fits. A top I bought from Primark yesterday, I had to get a size 10 because the 12 was very baggy. On the whole, I'm a 12-14 (mostly 12) on top and a 14-16 on the bottom.

Eeeek, just 5lbs to lose now! Total weight loss to date is 6st 11lbs (95lbs). Another 3lbs and I've lost 7stone. Thats more than i EVER thought possible.

So Im back to work on Monday after my maternity leave. A little nervous, and a little gutted as I'd hoped to be at my goal of 12st 7lbs by then, but I think I've done a pretty good job nevertheless.
I've enquired about getting new uniforms, as I've obviously shrank a LOT haha so that will be fun to see how small my uniform will be.
So I've set a new target for reaching my goal weight, which will now be Mother's Day (18th March). Once I reach my initial goal, I'll be re-evaluating things, and setting a new goal weight. However, my big ambition is to fit into my prom dress that I wore when I left school at 16 years of age. No idea how much I weighed then, as we didnt have scales. But I was slim. I was a comfy size 12, sometimes a 10 in tops. When I was fat, I used to look at pictures of my in my prom dress and cry because I desperately wanted to be that size again. Its craziness to think that I almost am that size again! I tried on the prom dress and I can actually get into it and do the zip up half way. So fitting into my prom dress will feature highly on my new goals. Ive bought bikinis for Turkey in a size 12, so that's also something to aim for. Ive not worn a bikini since I went to Spain at 15 years old!

xxx

Back