Flavoured Coffee

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by PositiveBetty, 3 March 2008 Social URL.

1. PositiveBetty

PositiveBetty Full Member

Hello... I think I remember reading on here that there were some flavoured coffees that we were allowed? It is true... I think there was a hazelnut one?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Miss_Bettany

Miss_Bettany Full Member

No, we are not allowed them. I rang LL HO and asked.

4. PositiveBetty

:( boo hoo

5. Kate78

Kate78 Full Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Oh no, I read on here that you could! I went to that healthfood shop and bought 8 jars of them!!! What a muppet!

6. Miss_Bettany

Miss_Bettany Full Member

The people on here aren't counsellors...some of them are drinking the coffee but the official line from LL is a very definite NO!!!

7. Alibongo

Alibongo Happily pro pointing!

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    . . . however, other LLCs have also asked HO and they said yes, and there are also LLCs who serve them at meetings, so there appears to be no official line at present and many people on LL use them with no problem.

8. Kas

Kas Member

Diet:
    Lighterlife
    :eek:I thought we were allowed black coffe on LL and i have been putting a spoonful in the vanilla/chocolate/caramel shakes ...............it makes them go further and are delicous............someone please tell me we CAN have coffe!

9. Alibongo

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    we are talking about the flavoured coffees you get from whittards or boaters.

10. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

my understanding is that some people will more easily slip out of ketosis with some foods. This includes the flavoured coffees. As we can't predict who will and who won't, the official line is to avoid them so that weight loss is not hindered. Some use them and get away with it. If you decide you want to try then the best advice would be to see if you notice a slowing down of your weight loss, if you do, stop drinking the flavoured coffees

11. Kitteh

Kitteh Resident geek

Diet:
    sw
    I think what it is.. is that all different people are affected by different things.. someone will be knocked out of K, but other people wont.. what i do.. is i try it on the night time.. and check my ketosis the next morning with a kstix.. im sure this isnt official guide lines.. infact i know it isnt.. but i drink boaters coffee.. and i put them in my shakes too..
    but be careful.. some things can make us hungry.. im not affected by them at all.. but some people will be.. if you wanna try.. then try.. i guess.. but it may not be best for you..

I have choc mint.. double choc.. and toffee.. yum..

x x x

12. Dragonfish

Dragonfish Member

Diet:
    Lighterlife
    There is a wonderful coffee stall for those who know the Salisbury Market.
    It is on a Saturday and can be found by sniffing the air!
    The chap is amazing and knows all there is to know about the glorious bean. I have been battling on with black coffee and so far have been really dissapointed with awful acidic aftertastes etc...., so I mentioned this to the guy. He said that anyone who drinks black coffee always makes the mistake of going for light roasts when they should be going for dark ones. Apparently a longer roast gets rid of the acidity and it most certaintly does!
    Not only that, I bought a load to freeze and my kitchen smells wonderful!
    :)

13. x-Katie-x

x-Katie-x Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st1lb(34.69%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    It's a bit of a mix this one - some LLC's say yes and others say no ---- to be honest my LLC wasn't aware of them until I told her and she said she'll check them out but I haven't checked with her yet. However, I've not noticed any difference to my losses and when I've checked I'm still in ketosis so it looks like I could be one of the lucky ones ...... which is good cos I'm sat here with the hazelnut & cinnamon one now.

14. mikey

mikey Silver Member

Diet:
    LighterLife
    My LLC says absolutely yes - I specifically stated that other LLC's are saying that HO said not, and she is adamant - they are allowed. She even has them available for us to drink at our meetings!

I have them every day and lost just under 9 lbs last week so it is not doing any damage to my weight loss.

15. NetNet

NetNet Full Member

Diet:
    Lighterlife
    My LLC says yes and I've been drinking them for a couple of months now and they've absolutely no harm at all.

16. PositiveBetty

oh sod it...where can I buy them :D

17. Alibongo

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    I think you can get them in various places, Julian Graves health food shops, I got mine in the deli part of Dobbies garden centre and also some from whittards.

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. PositiveBetty

right just ordered some of the website. Do you limit yourself per day or drink it freely?

20. Kitteh

Kitteh Resident geek

Diet:
    sw
    i buy mine from this teenie tiny little oldy worldy shop.. but they even do all of the coffee beans from that range of coffee.. dont think these are allowed though.. Just the instant freeze ones..
    mine cost me 1.95 i think.. and i have them as much as i want.. or as little as i want.. but remember.. just check your K the next day to see if they agree with you..

x x x x

21. PositiveBetty

I need to get some of those stick things.

22. lemma1968

lemma1968 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st1lb(14.5%)
    Diet:
    WW Online -propoints
    Where can u get ketostix from please?

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.