Flippy's food diary

Oh, sorry about the gain, I know the feeling well ......grrrr. So unfair when undeserved

Ooh, see you had the lamb again - yummy
I did melt burgers tonight & chips, had to really, just bought an actifry - on special in currys

Yeah, my OH gets the bacon offcuts - rind. & fat, although I used to eat it, if he's not here, it gets finely chopped for the birds, they need the fat especially as it's getting colder

Debridger said:
Oh, sorry about the gain, I know the feeling well ......grrrr. So unfair when undeserved

Ooh, see you had the lamb again - yummy
I did melt burgers tonight & chips, had to really, just bought an actifry - on special in currys

Yeah, my OH gets the bacon offcuts - rind. & fat, although I used to eat it, if he's not here, it gets finely chopped for the birds, they need the fat especially as it's getting colder

What's the actifry like? Is the stuff you cook in it free? Be interested to hear how you get on with it.

So today I'm planning on being out of the house until early evening which means I had to think what to have for lunch, hate not eating lunch at home as always end up hungry! So my plan was to have rice pudding for breakfast and a free evening meal leaving me two hexbs for lunch. Made 2 egg mayo sandwiches (60g for 2 slices, close enough to 57g I reckon!). 6 syns for 45g of light mayo, but so worth it, can't stand the extra light stuff! It's only 11.30am and have already scoffed one sandwich!

So food for today

B
Rice pudding (hexa) with grated apple and cinnamon.
Tea (1).

L
2 egg mayonase sandwiches (2 hexb and 6 syns). 2 clementines and an apple.

D
Quorn chilli with rice.

Hot chocolate (hexa and 1.5 syns).

Leaves me 6.5 syns if I fancy something sweet later!

Well, today's plan looks good, and that forethought will serve you well.

I've used the actifry once - the chips came out nice & crispy, but I like chip shop chips so will need to experiment with chip sizes and timings, but for the 1st go I followed their instructions
I used 1/2 tbs olive oil - 3syns, if you use extra virgin you can use it as an HEB
I've read that frylight can be used, then it'd be free.
In the box was a USB of recipes, but I've not looked at that yet - wanted chips!! And that's in the handbook - will let you know my findings....but it was so cheap (compared to it's usual price) £119 instead of £230 - I wouldn't pay that

Debridger said:
Well, today's plan looks good, and that forethought will serve you well.

I've used the actifry once - the chips came out nice & crispy, but I like chip shop chips so will need to experiment with chip sizes and timings, but for the 1st go I followed their instructions
I used 1/2 tbs olive oil - 3syns, if you use extra virgin you can use it as an HEB
I've read that frylight can be used, then it'd be free.
In the box was a USB of recipes, but I've not looked at that yet - wanted chips!! And that's in the handbook - will let you know my findings....but it was so cheap (compared to it's usual price) £119 instead of £230 - I wouldn't pay that

Wow that is loads cheaper! Think I'd briefly looked at them in the past and just seemed way too expensive.

Just remembered I'd packed some cold leftover roasted bns and carrot, yummy!

Thursday - Green

B
Rice pudding (hexa) with grated apple and cinnamon.
Tea (1).

Had a satsuma and peppermint tea at a course I was on, sat looking arcs plate of chocolate hob bobs!

L
Pasta with HM tomato sauce and cheese (hexb).

2 Alpen Lights (hexb), had forgotten how much these make my jaw ache when I eat them and after!

D
Leftover Quorn chilli with jacket potato or rice.

Syn allowance for today is 11, to make up for those extra 4 I've had this week!

Will probably have a multipack flake (7 syns) and a hot chocolate (hexa and 2 syns) later.

Looking good....well done with the toast, I did OH toast and peanut butter the other morning, well brunch... I worked out that it would be 1xHEB, and 13 syns... except, it would have been 32 syns, as 2 slices would not have been enough!!!!!
Ok, it would have been as bad if it was marmalade, 18 syns but even so

So I had a lovely, syn free chicken salad..... ate loads, which filled me up more than 4 little slices of toast!!

Ignoring biscuits, cakes and stuff can be a bit difficult sometimes... but well done for resisting, 1 would lead to 2 or 3 or ..... just not worth it
You'll enjoy your flake tonight more

Debridger said:
Looking good....well done with the toast, I did OH toast and peanut butter the other morning, well brunch... I worked out that it would be 1xHEB, and 13 syns... except, it would have been 32 syns, as 2 slices would not have been enough!!!!!
Ok, it would have been as bad if it was marmalade, 18 syns but even so

So I had a lovely, syn free chicken salad..... ate loads, which filled me up more than 4 little slices of toast!!

Ignoring biscuits, cakes and stuff can be a bit difficult sometimes... but well done for resisting, 1 would lead to 2 or 3 or ..... just not worth it
You'll enjoy your flake tonight more

Well done on not having peanut butter, my OH eats loads of it and to be honest he is much more overweight than I ever was but I can't force him to lose weight. He'll sometimes have toast for breakfast and toast for lunch and loads of biscuits etc. in between. I just look at it and think of all those syns in the toast and how it'll hardly be filling at all!

Enjoyed my flake and enjoying my hot chocolate! Glad I've cut back the syns today to get back on track! Think I might need a flexi syn day one day next week, just to eat cookies and chocolate!

Friday - Green or Mix2Max

B
Porridge (hexa, hexb and 2 syns) with grated apple and cinnamon.
Tea (1).

L - Green
BNS and mushroom risotto with parmesan (hexb).

Not sure what to do for dinner, might be going to an enchanted woodland type thing tonight, if so won't be back until late. Should probably put something in the slow cooker but not sure I can be bothered!

Just ate 24 syns, 15 of Lindt chocolate and 9 for 4 ginger nuts.

Risotto was 1 syn for olive oil so 11 of my 15 daily syns left. Going to draw a line under those extra 24 syns, only 480 calories extra, really not going to make that much difference in the grand scheme of things. However am now thinking I might need some alcohol tomorrow evening, not feeling too great at the moment.

Looks like it's been a couple of those days....we all get them!!
As you say, overall it's not going to make much difference...ok, maybe you STS next WI...but does it matter that much if it takes you an extra week?
Nah, I don't think so.
Enjoy it, finish it, don't stress it

Debridger said:
Looks like it's been a couple of those days....we all get them!!
As you say, overall it's not going to make much difference...ok, maybe you STS next WI...but does it matter that much if it takes you an extra week?
Nah, I don't think so.
Enjoy it, finish it, don't stress it

Lol, yesterday was 37.5 syns! On wine and chocolate! I was counting though and didn't lose control! Had 2 hexbs and a hexa. Breakfast was bacon and egg sandwich (1.5 syns for fried egg and ketchup) with a cup of tea (1). Lunch was leftover risotto with parmesan (hexa) and dinner was hm burgers with potato wedges (hexb).

Back on plan today having just had porridge with grated apple and cinnamon (hexa, hexb and 2 syns) with a cup of tea (1 syn).

Back