Flippy's food diary

Went to Weston this afternoon and was spooky tempted by the thought and smell of fresh doughnuts, fortunately we didn't see where they were selling them otherwise I would have had one! Did have 2 small chips from the bag we bought for our son though, but could have been much worse!

Had another apple when we got home whilst I was eating dinner. Just had 2 squares of Lindt chocolate (5 syns) and half a multipack flake (3.5).

Total syns for the day 10.5, and back on plan! No idea what WI will show tomorrow, hoping for a 3 lb loss, the unexplained 3 lb I put on last week, but with those extra syns not sure I'll have managed that.

Debridger said:
Week on week isn't important, it's overall that counts

Thank goodness the doughnut man did a runner - and 2 chips is well restrained, good on ya

Thanks, that's what I reckon, this is a change for good, not something I'm going to stop when I hit target. The important thing us not losing control and getting back on plan.

Well I've lost 2 lb, which I should be pleased about but as I had that unexplained 3 lb gain last week it still means I'm a lb heavier than I was 2 weeks ago. Aim for 100% this week and see what happens at WI next Monday!

A 2lb loss is good - seriously, it'll catch up...I've been like that. A STS, a 1/2lb gain, followed by a 1lb gain, and honestly stuck to plan, and really, really didn't deserve any of them.....I didn't throw in the towel.....and lost 4.5lb last thursday
so moral of the story, you'll end up where you want if you persevere

Debridger said:
A 2lb loss is good - seriously, it'll catch up...I've been like that. A STS, a 1/2lb gain, followed by a 1lb gain, and honestly stuck to plan, and really, really didn't deserve any of them.....I didn't throw in the towel.....and lost 4.5lb last thursday
so moral of the story, you'll end up where you want if you persevere

Well done for the loss and thanks for the encouragement! Realised that it was actually a 2.5 lb loss which brings me 0.5 lb heavier than 2 weeks ago, so actually pleased with that!

Monday - green

B
Apple
Porridge (hexa, hexb and 2 syns) with another apple and cinnamon.
Tea (1 syn).

L
Pasta with tomato sauce and cheese (hexa).

Apple, wondering if I'm eating too many apples, but other than the one I grate for my porridge they're those fun size apples you buy for children. Just enough to curb a sweet hunger pang!

D
Onion, pepper and mushroom omelette with beans, bread (hexb) and butter (7 syns).

Love eating beans with bread and butter and haven't eaten butter since I started SW months ago, was lovely!

Off down the pub in a minute with my neighbours but I've said I'll drive so will just drink diet coke for a syn free night out. Might have half a mini twirl (4.5 syns) before I leave...

OOhh, extra HEX's.... looking forward to that :D, mind, will be a while yet, have about 19lbs to go.... that's where I'm aiming for, but may adjust lower as I get closer, just have to wait and see how I feel and look as a normal BMI for my height is 7lb lower than that :( but anyhow, we'll see.
although 37lb off so far, so I'm not complaining.

I've been driving more recently, but I've not been drinking anyway because of my headaches, though, so far, so good - they seem to have gone.... let's hope they stay away.

No, I think apples are fine, would only worry if I was eating motre than 2 bananas a day, however, saying that - it's still better than crisps, chocolate etc - so no, don't worry

Hope you enjoyed your evening

Debridger said:
OOhh, extra HEX's.... looking forward to that :D, mind, will be a while yet, have about 19lbs to go.... that's where I'm aiming for, but may adjust lower as I get closer, just have to wait and see how I feel and look as a normal BMI for my height is 7lb lower than that :( but anyhow, we'll see.
although 37lb off so far, so I'm not complaining.

I've been driving more recently, but I've not been drinking anyway because of my headaches, though, so far, so good - they seem to have gone.... let's hope they stay away.

No, I think apples are fine, would only worry if I was eating motre than 2 bananas a day, however, saying that - it's still better than crisps, chocolate etc - so no, don't worry

Hope you enjoyed your evening

37 lb, wow that's really good! About 2/3 of the way there!

Well today has been a very odd day. Had some news yesterday that came completely out of the blue and has the potential to change the future for us if we want and if all works out, for the good, I think! So today we've been a bit all over the place talking things through etc.

So food for today:

B
Porridge (hexa, hexb and 2 syns).
Tea (1).

Cup of tea (1).

Aldi hoops (6.5 syns).
Half bounty (6.5 syns).

Dinner
Nandos chicken breast in pitta with chips and corn on the cob with butter.

M&S Apple strudel (as seen on TV, disappointing TBH) with custard (yummy!).

No idea on syns, think I'd better give the idea of having an extra HEX this,week a miss after eating all that! Kind of a celebratory meal for hitting target and now that I'm maintaining I think you need to be able to have the occassional day like today otherwise it's not viable long term.

Hmmm...weighed again this morning and showing another 0.75 lb loss at 10st2.5 so have been a bit naughty today...

B
Porridge (hexa, hexb and 2 syns).
Tea (1 syn).

L - green
Pasta with hm tomato sauce and cheese (hexa).

Costa caramel latte and slice of chocolate cake. Cake actually wasn't that nice, quite dry, so a bit of a waste really but latte was yummy!

D - red
Mackrel with roast carrots and new pots (hexb).

Book group tonight at a neighbour's house and there's going to be milled wine and mince pies! Know I've got a bit of slack to put some weight on so just going to have what I fancy and then back on plan in the morning.

Another loss of 1.5lb this morning so I'm now 10st1, 1 lb away from my original target, but too skinny I think. Well after all I ate yesterday evening it shall be going back on. Would like to stick around 10st3, sure I'll be at least that by Monday with what I've eaten the past few days!

Twirl after dinner last night followed by a cadbury's mini caramel cake bar, which was disgusting! Then a glass of wine, mini mince pie and nibbles at book group! Back to it this morning!

Thursday

B
Porridge with 1 tbsp of golden syrup (hexa, hexb and 4 syns).
Tea (1 syn).

L
Had to grab a very quick lunch so had marmelade on toast (hexb and 5 syns).
Banana.

Carrot cake muffin at toddler group, oooops!

Not sure what I'm having for dinner, at the hair dresses so either my husband will be cooking something or I'll just have some pasta.

Monday - Green

B
Porridge (hexa, hexb and 1/3 extra hex).
Tea x 2 (1/3 extra hex).

L
Beans and cheese (1/3 extra hex) on toast (hexb).

D
Veggie omelette with wedges or SW chips and beans.

Leaves 15 syns for chocolate and a hexa for hot chocolate!

So having one extra hex today, mixing a and b but don't think that matters as maintaining and need to find what works for me!

Back