Florida Fit

Weighed myself this morning and I've put 6lb on since last week. That doesn't seem right. I mean I do feel bloated and horrible and I did have pancakes, but nothing that would cause that sort of a blip. Drinking tonnes of water today to see if I can shift it quickly. But my mum wants me to go round for takeaway tonight as she's feeling miserable and wants a pick me up, and I don't know how to say no, I did try. But she had her dog put to sleep 3 wks ago that came as a total shock, then she had her other dog, who was very old, put to sleep the day before yesterday. She went downhill after loosing her best friend, so she's really upset. Mum lives in a granny flat, so counts as part of my household.
I really need to find some motivation from somewhere, so back to calorie counting again today as it does seem to keep me more disciplined. I really want to lose a stone before July, and 2 stone before Florida next year. But I've lost nothing since Sept 😕

So this morning I've just had a coffee (30calories) for breakfast as I need to save the calories for the takeaway, and just hope she chooses a menu with a good low calorie option on it.

Empire can be very flattering, personally I'm a fan of it

My back went again and I am in bed. Diet went out of the window. I'm limited to the two cups of coffee I'm brought a day, so not enough water, and whatever food someone makes for me, I don't feel like i can request diet stuff. My son couldn't be bothered washing the dishes so he ordered us all Chinese🙄. And absolutely no exercise of any kind unless you count me dragging myself up screaming once a day for a pee. So of course I've lost 6lb (on top of the 6lb I put on, so technically 12lb). As you do.
Pretty annoyed as I've just started a new relationship and 2 months in I'm embarrassingly stuck in bed for 2wks (so far) with no end in sight.

Last edited:
Ok, so it's first time in 4wks that I've been able to make it downstairs to use the scales and I've lost another 5lb. Currently 21.1 I'm so excited to get into the 20 stone bracket, I haven't been there in 8yrs.
I haven't been dieting at all, I've just eaten what I've been brought and obviously no exercise. I'm so fed up of sandwiches and 'something' on toast, but its obviously working, me not being able to reach the fridge. It's still going to be a while before I can get up to make meals.

Hi MrsExcuses,

I’ve just read through your diary and it’s sure been a rollercoaster ride! I hope you get relief from your back soon and I’m happy that you’re heading towards your lowest weight in 8 years, it’s a brilliant achievement.

Like you I gain large amounts of weight if I’m off plan for any length of time, it’s so unfair and I think it’s because of my totally messed up metabolism. I started dieting at 13 (when I was completely normal, it was just that all the other girls I hung around with were doing it) and I’ve pretty much either been binging or purging since. I joined this forum to try to keep my motivation high and look forward to watching your progress.

All the best,
Halley

Check it out. New photos. Left is Aug at 22.5 and right is today at 21.2 I was feeling a bit disappointed today as I am a few pounds lighter than my last disney trip, but I still feel fatter. The photos cheered me up. I'm averaging around 1500 steps a day at the moment, so really not very mobile, but I got some morphine patches yesterday and I feel better, although you can see in the face on photos that I'm still standing kinda crooked even though I feel like I'm standing straight.

Attachments

• IMG_20210507_195029.jpg
    IMG_20210507_195029.jpg
    820.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20210507_194350.jpg
    IMG_20210507_194350.jpg
    901.5 KB · Views: 11
Ok so I got the results of my intolerance test back and it says I'm intolerant of lactose and wheat. So I immediately spent a small fortune on lactose and gluten free stuff for a whole week as an experiment. Vegan cheese is disgusting by the way. But vegan pizza isn't bad, especially if you stick pepperoni on it haha. I did plan on doing two weeks, but I'm still not 100% on the walking and my son was doing most of the cooking and he didn't want to eat gluten free stuff or make two meals, so I gave it up. But for that one week I tried I felt no difference. I still feel bloated, but it could be my 3wk star week that I've got going on at the moment. I recently had an implant put in and its causing weird things lol
I've gone back to slimfast as i figured it was better to grab a shake at lunch than it is to eat what the kids are having. Dinners have still been whatever could be thrown in the oven, but I actually got up and cooked my first dinner tonight, a roast gammon, boiled potatos and veg. It was so nice to eat vegetables again, id forgotten what they tasted like, my son would only cook corn on the cob, he doesn't like anything else.

After cheering myself up with those photos I decided I'd measure today to see if I can cheer myself up more, I expected to be pleasantly shocked if the photos were anything to go by, but If you would believe it, the tape measure STILL doesn't fit around my stomach. I'd say it was broken, but I don't know how a tape measure could be inaccurate. I'm sad now. Belly is still too big for the rides.
I'm taking the day off today, I had my sat morning fry up and tonight is African night, I'm making a 3 course African inspired meal and cocktails for my mum and me (and when I say me, I mean I will sit and shout orders at my kids haha)

Got my measurements from last July, so 18lbs ish ago.

July
63.5" stomach
56" boobs
52" waist

Now
62" stomach
54" boobs
50.5" waist

I couldn't measure my legs and arms like I normally would because I was trying to do it with my walking stick, but I'll do it next time. I feel like I should have lost more inches than this 😔 but my clothes don't feel any different, I'm not loosing my trousers, but then I always buy elastic waists.

I had an African dinner party last night. Flatbread and hummus, bobotie and cous cous and pistachio baklava and dates (with seconds of baklava) and I'm 1lb lighter this morning even though I still feel full from it. Maybe I need new scales, maybe I'm still 21st and my scales are just having a laugh

Ok so I was poorly for a few days, low Vitamin D, I started taking tablets right away, but for some reason I put on 8lb in a few days, even though I wasn't cheating, and now, although I feel better, I just can't shake it or lose any weight despite trying. Yesterday I had a boiled egg and one slice of toast, a baked potato with tuna mayo and sweetcorn and a slimming world recipe for lemongrass chicken and rice and I managed to put 2lb on overnight. Today I only had coffee for breakfast and salad for lunch in an attempt to see if more of a calorie deficit makes a difference. Really disappointed, I was soooo close to being in the 20sts at 21.1 and now I'm 21.10 st again, it's like 2 months worth of work has been ruined. Plus I got unceremoniously dumped a few days ago, ghosted after 5m, and I don't know why. I also had an implant installed which has caused me to have a period every week and is causing havoc with my hormones. I need chocolate cake.

21.8 this morning. Maybe the extra calorie deficit from yesterday helped. I had slimming world chilli con carne on nachos for tea last night and this morning I've just had a coffee again for breakfast. I've got left over chili I was going to have for lunch, then a chicken and bacon salad (with new potatoes) for dinner.

Ps. Guess I wrote this out on Tuesday and didn't post it lol

Okay Ive had enough, I ordered new scales. Yesterday I was 21.6 and this morning I was 21.11 i don't even think that's physically possible without something being wrong. So I've ordered some new fancy Bluetooth scales that should arrive tomorrow. I am a bit worried that I will get on them and weigh loads more than my old scales are telling, me, but we'll soon see.

Yesterday i had a coffee for breakfast again, an omelette with some leftover bacon for lunch and bacon tagliatelle for dinner. Then I was hungry in the evening and had a ham and cucumber sandwich for supper.

Today, being all disappointed in my scales I had coffee for breakfast, but then went out with mother and had a sticky bun and salted caramel latter around 10am. Came home and had a pasta n sauce for lunch, but I was still miserable and hungry so I had a cheese sandwich too. Pizza for dinner tonight and I may be forced to eat Toblerone cheesecake. I'm calling today a cheat day and I'll start again tomorrow with my new scales.

Last edited:
Ooh I love a new scales, especially those fancy ones! The same thing happened me with my last scales and it was so demotivating.

Best of luck with your restart tomorrow and hopefully your new scales is good to you!

Ooh I love a new scales, especially those fancy ones! The same thing happened me with my last scales and it was so demotivating.

Best of luck with your restart tomorrow and hopefully your new scales is good to you!
It's been a long time since I've ordered scales, so I've never had fancy Bluetooth ones before, I'm excited, but nervous that I'm going to be a stone heavier on the new ones.
I weighed myself again this morning and I'm 21.5, so either I just lost 6lb overnight, or possibly 1lb since the day before yesterday and my scales are knackered.

Coffee for breakfast, then a ceasar salad for lunch, but I was still starving after so I had an egg mayo sandwich. Then a burger, air fryer chips and corn on the cob for dinner with ketchup.

Last edited:
Ok, shiny new scales are here and they do look great. I set them up hooked up to my bluetooth, I even entered all my measurement of bum, hip and thighs etc. Then I weighed myself (after dinner) and I was 21.8 so not much more than the other scales weighed me in at this morning (3lb more). Then I used the other scales and I was 21.9, so only 1lb difference. So now I just have to wait and see if its my body naturally jumping 2-5lbs a day sometimes or if its my scales......

Ok so I haven't been jumping about like I did with my old scales, I've just been gaining. Summer and half term and birthdays are playing havoc and I'm a bit fed up now and I want to get back to normal, but I can't. Picnic today with my mum, picnic tomorrow with friends, my mums birthday meal on Tues, a day out to Norfolk and lunch out as part of my mums 70th birthday celebrations, another picnic next weekend, then it's my sons 19th and he wants a meal too *cry*
We've also decided to try to get to Florida in the Easter holidays instead of the summer to try to avoid some more of the crowds, so I have less time to lose. I'm now back up to 21.11(the same weight I was last trip and I didn't fit on some rides) because of all the bloody days out over half term for picnics and to the ice cream farm and burger king. I enjoyed it, but now I want to get back to business, but feel like I can't.
I'm contemplating just living off slimfast milkshakes for the next week to counteract the meals out lol.
But I did have bacon and tomatoes on 1 slice of toast for breakfast. We've got a continental meat and cheese platter, bacon pasta, a Victoria sponge and a yoghurt for our picnic and the same tomorrow. Hopefully some walking will counteract some calories. And supposed to have sausage, mash and beans for tea. *sigh*

Hi MrsExcuses,

I don’t know what to say to you as I find fitting in loosing weight with life incredibly hard too, there’s always something going on and I’m finding that everybody is planning something at the moment, I guess they’re getting ready to let their hair down after such an awful 18 months..

I don’t deal with parties / celebrations well, any resolutions or plans made go out the window as soon as I arrive. How I loose weight is I’m on plan for 5 days of the week and off plan for 2. So I use my off plan days for events and don’t worry too much about them. I also try to do a bit more walking when there’s lots of events on.

Hi MrsExcuses,

I don’t know what to say to you as I find fitting in loosing weight with life incredibly hard too, there’s always something going on and I’m finding that everybody is planning something at the moment, I guess they’re getting ready to let their hair down after such an awful 18 months..

I don’t deal with parties / celebrations well, any resolutions or plans made go out the window as soon as I arrive. How I loose weight is I’m on plan for 5 days of the week and off plan for 2. So I use my off plan days for events and don’t worry too much about them. I also try to do a bit more walking when there’s lots of events on.
Normally I would stay on plan and have a naughty day. But it felt like I was off plan all week and would have a good day. Sad thing is, I eat less during the summer when it's hot, I'm just not hungry, but because of the picnics and meals I was expected to eat.
But its over now. Picnics are all done, meals out are almost over (just one left) so I have 6 days of serious dieting to help loose some of what I've gained (which is 12lb *cry*) then my sons birthday meal and back to serious dieting again. I'm not going to stop until I've shifted a stone. I NEED to be in that 20st bracket now. I NEED it, I've waited long enough

This morning I had my slimfast shake made with almond milk and a banana.
For lunch I will have another slimfast shake and for dinner I have some left over chicken breasts from yesterday's dinner and I'll rustle up some veg yo go with it.
Feeling pretty motivated at the moment, let's hope it lasts as its only breakfast time haha

Managed to shift 2lb this week. I ate a lot of salads, but other than that I didn't change an awful lot. I started the week very motivated (well the first day anyway) but I had a tooth pulled and it got infected and I dont do well with illness either, I've had a banging headache all week and all I've wanted to do it climb under my duvet and die. After paralysing pain that leaves you in bed, head pain has to be the worst, there is no escape from it.
I went out for my final meal with my son for his birthday, he wanted Chinese. I had the Asian equivalent of soup and a sandwich. Chicken Feet and Peanut Soup and a jumbo pork bao bun. My toilet doesn't thank me. It felt like I'd drunk a tonne of salt, was so dehydrated even by the time I made it back to the car, I must have drunk about 6 pints of water before I went to bed, and I rarely drink a lot, the soup was lovely though. Maybe the diahorrea will help shift another pound or so by tomorrow haha. I'm 21.9 now, 10lbs to go, I have more salads on order. I do love a good salad. Salad and asparagus, salad and bacon, chicken, salmon, avocado, coleslaw, coronation chicken, potato salad, I don't care, ill eat it 😋

Back