Florida in 10 days - advice needed

Loopeylou

Gold Member
Getting so excited now :), hubbie and I have been talking about the best way to come off S & S for our holiday. I will not be taking any packs / bars on holiday so that's out of the question for us both so we will happily take the gain and get back on track when we get home. Our 2nd week there is our 12th week so due the week off - good timing hey :rolleyes:

I'mm not sure whether to stay on plan until next Friday Eve ( when we go to Gatwick overnight - prob only be a long awaited skinny latte consumed on the journey down lol ) then enjoy our holiday OR

From Friday this week do a week of S&S refeed - I have seen quite a few people over the last few weeks doing refeed and really managing to minimise the weight gain but is there any point in this before a big holiday - I'm not entirely sure.

Your views / opinions would be welcome :)

Will be watching this as I go away in 16 days and really unsure on what to do. Like you I also won't be taking packs!

Will be watching this as I go away in 16 days and really unsure on what to do. Like you I also won't be taking packs!

Where you off to?
I'm so looking forward to going away, this is our first flight in 7 years as have been taking our caravan abroad for the last few years. I will be doing tons more excercise than in this country - I expect about 5 ish or more miles of walking a day in 35c heat so surely I'll sweat loads off lol
X

Hi LoopeyLoo!

I am going away in July for two weeks and will be S&S right up until the bitter end! TBH I think you should S&S until the eve before you go...

You are going away for two weeks and this will be the first holiday you are going on in 7 years so in all fairness maybe you should just enjoy yourself.

We went away on holiday for the first time in 7 years last year as well and I admit I put on approx 10lbs when I was away and I don't even drink!:eek:
There was also a rather depressing article on the DM website a little while ago backing this up, stating that most people that go on cruises put on approx 1 stone in a 2 week duration, and I suspect that would be the same for any 2 week holiday!:cry:I am literally proof of that!

Just enjoy yourself and get straight back on it when you return or if that is too painful, re-feed and go backwards to S&S?
I am looking to go straight back on S&S when I return from my holiday, as we are not planning to go away again for a few years, serious diy in the home is next on the list:rolleyes:...xxx

I'm listening too - we go away this Saturday! & I don't have a plan just yet...

Dinner out with colleagues tomorrow though so maybe I should start to switch to Atkins-like eating which was my plan for the holiday.

I'm listening too - we go away this Saturday! & I don't have a plan just yet...

Dinner out with colleagues tomorrow though so maybe I should start to switch to Atkins-like eating which was my plan for the holiday.[/QUOTEth

I would love try and re-feed on holiday/go Atkins style, but we are going AI for the first time ever!!

I know the majority of people eat as much as they can on these kind of holidays, ( I've seen it!!!) with the mentality of 'Well, I've paid for it all, might as well make the most of it!' but I am hoping I WON'T be like that:eek: I am hoping I can go down either the Atkins style route, food permitting, or just try and make healthy choices and load my plate with salad....
As I've mentioned before, I have actually aiming to go lower than my actual goal, so I can enjoy my holiday a little and not suck actually just suck on a luttuce leaf!!! therefore I hopefully won't have much to lose on my return:rolleyes: It's a tough call.....x

I would love try and re-feed on holiday/go Atkins style, but we are going AI for the first time ever!!

I know the majority of people eat as much as they can on these kind of holidays, ( I've seen it!!!) with the mentality of 'Well, I've paid for it all, might as well make the most of it!' but I am hoping I WON'T be like that:eek: I am hoping I can go down either the Atkins style route, food permitting, or just try and make healthy choices and load my plate with salad....
As I've mentioned before, I have actually aiming to go lower than my actual goal, so I can enjoy my holiday a little and not suck actually just suck on a luttuce leaf!!! therefore I hopefully won't have much to lose on my return:rolleyes: It's a tough call.....x

Oh no, that's really tough. I think I'd be tempted the same way in an all-inclusive (never been on one) but would need to try & give myself tough love ;)...
& tell myself that it's not worth it against the money I've spent on S&S, new clothes/donating the old ones & my health, that you can enjoy healthy food & yourself without pigging out & loosing control etc. & that it won't be worth it for how you'd feel afterwards.

I'm really hoping for a STS from the end of this week to 3 weeks after (end of holiday) to keep me on target - not sure how realistic it is... but I'm hoping after regaining some water weight by being sensible/lowish carb with the eating & more active than usual (lots to see & do plus plan lots of swimming!) I might do it. Luckily the DH is generally pretty healthy so a good influence on me!

That said after nearly 6 weeks S&S now I am looking forward to some chocolate & potatoes/chips - I wonder if they'll be on the plane over... :eek:

I'm going go buck the trend here and say enjoy your holiday then get back on plan

I had a week off for a holiday and put on a whopping 12lbs. How ever the next week I lost 13. I'm sticking to plan til I go away in august where I'll do the same x

Loopeylou said:
Where you off to?
I'm so looking forward to going away, this is our first flight in 7 years as have been taking our caravan abroad for the last few years. I will be doing tons more excercise than in this country - I expect about 5 ish or more miles of walking a day in 35c heat so surely I'll sweat loads off lol
X

I'm off to Marmaris for 2 weeks, really hoping I can stick to non carbs for most of the Hols but still enjoy myself. Bought all nice clothes so don't want them not to fit lol. Hoping that swimming, walking and running after my 2.5 yr old will kinda help...

If it was me I'd re-feed.... especially if its a 2 week holiday!!! Minimise the damage... you wont go off the rails you've worked too hard!!!

Personal choice but thats just what I would do hun!! X

I'm in the same boat, travelling to Kuramathi in 4 weeks time. Just started S&S.. been a while since I've done a VLCD- am looking at the next 4 weeks on S&S as damage limitation for my 11 days on holiday! Also going AI, and have just upgraded it to al a carte... an extra £800 bloody quid just to upgrade I will be getting my money's worth, there's no doubt about that!

Bump! So how did all the holiday-ers go?

I've just got back & have to admit that my Atkins-esque intentions slightly failed in the land of (potential trigger - scroll over for words!) breakfasts of waffles, pancakes & french toast with fruit and sides of tricoloured potatoes and a food court that did italian and chinese, om nom nom...

But the good news is that the damage was 4lbs. So actually once the water weight is off again I should be a STS and perhaps have even lost with some portion control and exercising while away. Restart on Sunday - delay for my birthday/safe alcohol Saturday!

Also have decided to modify (up) my target a little but aim for quicker!

Guinevere said:
Bump! So how did all the holiday-ers go?

I've just got back & have to admit that my Atkins-esque intentions slightly failed in the land of (potential trigger - scroll over for words!) breakfasts of waffles, pancakes & french toast with fruit and sides of tricoloured potatoes and a food court that did italian and chinese, om nom nom...

But the good news is that the damage was 4lbs. So actually once the water weight is off again I should be a STS and perhaps have even lost with some portion control and exercising while away. Restart on Sunday - delay for my birthday/safe alcohol Saturday!

Also have decided to modify (up) my target a little but aim for quicker!

Still in Florida, back Sunday.....waistband starting to tighten now and getting pretty sick of food even though not eaten half as much as we normally do. We've only managed to eat 2 meals since being here - portions are ridiculous!!
My downfall is sweet iced tea, ice cream, slushies and frozen cocktails mmmmmm oopppss
Won't be back on plan until next Wed as it's my birthday on the 19th and were out for a meal :)

You did incredibly well, you should be proud :) X

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Have a low carb day and the bloating will go a bit.... Plus hope your still drinking that water!!!! ; )

Sod it.... enjoy your holiday!!! Lol....

X

Still in Florida, back Sunday.....waistband starting to tighten now and getting pretty sick of food even though not eaten half as much as we normally do. We've only managed to eat 2 meals since being here - portions are ridiculous!!
My downfall is sweet iced tea, ice cream, slushies and frozen cocktails mmmmmm oopppss
Won't be back on plan until next Wed as it's my birthday on the 19th and were out for a meal :)

You did incredibly well, you should be proud :) X

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I agree - American portion sizes seem crazy! We never did our usual 3 courses each thing as it was way too much - lots of sharing! But psychologically I think that is good.
I was lucky with the lack of all inclusive-ness/still rubbish exchange rate helped keep me away from too many edible treats.

Happy Birthday for next week! My restart starts today... :)

Back