Fluid intake help

jaspersmum

Im very confused today I thought that we only counted water taken as fluid intake , Im averaging about 3 litres a day. But I read last night on this forum that we count herbal leaf teas as they r caffine free towards fluid??? That means I drank about 6 litres yesterday!!!!!?:(

I was told to count everything as fluids and not to drink more than 3 litres or the body retains the fluid causing less or no weight loss. I was also told to use 2 litres for water intake and 1 litre for tea coffee etc
Hope this helps

if it's caffeine free or herbal you could use your whole lot on them without drinking plain water. I got myself a big mug thats just under 0.5 litres and just had around 5 cups a day of de-caf coffee, peppermint or redbush tea. Job done! :)

So i have been having about 2 big mugs of tea which would about say a litre n 3 litres of water everyday which makes 4 litres is that the reason im probably retaining water? Because past week i didnt lose at all and when ever i have checked my weight at home i haven't lost at all. Its still the same

Im kinda worried now dont think im in ketosis cause I had so much to drink on first 3 days. Also I dont have bad breath so maybe I wont have much weight off when I go on Wed to get weighed ?:sigh:

I think it's kinda silly not to include caffiene drinks.
Everyone drinks caffine before they diet so it's not like they're suddenly adjusting to something alien.
The amount of caffine in a cup of normal tea is not enough to affect your body and make you dehydrate if you've always drunk it.
Unless you seriously up your caffine intake I'd count the tea and coffee you drink - but be sensible and limit it.
I was told tea and coffee do count towards your liquid intake.

Personally I've cut out caffine almost entirely as my my main source was pepsi max.

First week I drank real tea mixed with peppermint. But I weaned myself off it and I feel fine.

Yeah- weight loss and caffine free!! Go me :D

I read somewhere else on this forum that we cant take low cal fizzy drinks like pepsi max or coke zero??

Not on LT.
On exante or Slim&save they suggest a diet drink with malic acid would be ok. Not citric acid though. Pepsi max stops your weightloss - I know from experience.
Personally I've just quit all diet drinks - they're actually linked to obesity! Honestly - google it!

It's not worth the risk imho. I want to be thinner and if it means no diet drinks - so be it. Also they're full of rubbish like aspartimine and caffine too.

lol.. sorry for the rant I'm just so pleased I've given up caffine. lol.

I read that too. Something to do with the sugar substitute causing cravings for real sugar or something? The best advice I would give anyone doing this is just stick to the rules at least for a few weeks while your body adjusts. After that you are adult enough to decide if some of the glitches you read you could get away with but I would bet you anything that by then you will be so pleased with how your weight loss is going that you won't want too! X

Back