Food Diary (...and the rest) of a Katerpillar

Mmm looks lush lovely! Did you say 30day shred is here? We should start tomorrow, yeah? :D love humous SO much, but always end up making tonnes!

Had a big dinner tonight so water and the super frees for me tomorrow! x

Hey - do you have a recipe for the hummous? - I tried to make some about a fortnight ago (hummous was my big love pre SW) and it was absolutely minging!!! :D xx

Hiya hun,

I got the recipe off here and it was very easy:
One tin of chickpeas (keeping a bit of the water they come in but draining rest out)
The juice of 1 lemon
1 clove of garlic
Salt
A couple of shakes of paprika
I added some mustard seeds as an experiment and some jalepeno peppers for a little kick - I like spice!!

Chuck it all in the food processor and whizz away! I added some water to mine as it was a bit thick and voila! Have had it in the fridge overnight and it tastes even better this morning!! :D

Mmm looks lush lovely! Did you say 30day shred is here? We should start tomorrow, yeah? :D love humous SO much, but always end up making tonnes!

Had a big dinner tonight so water and the super frees for me tomorrow! x

Hey chick!

Yes I did indeed say the shred had arrived!!! :eek: Scared!
However, I forgot I am at work tonight so will be going straight from daytime work to night time work = no time for Jillian!

You gop ahead and get stuck in though and I will start tomorrow night - you can tell me how sore you are and it will make me really, really want to do it ......errrr???!!!! Maybe! :D :D

Thank you! It's a nightmare isn't it Sarah? Must be driving you mad playing a waiting game!!
I am a PA to the Director of a regeneration partnership hosted by Durham County Council and have been there 6 years! Redundancy payout would only be something like £3000 which is obviously better than nothing but wouldn't last long in the world of mortgages, bills and automobiles!!! :rolleyes:
I have been searching for jobs today and there are still a few out there so just going to get my act together over the next couple of days and apply, apply, apply!!! I have been putting off finishing my formal qualification so will be knuckling down for next couple of weeks to get everything completed! Scary times ahead I feel!! But as I was told tonight - when one door closes another door opens!! :D have to stay positive and see this as potentially a good thing! I am ready for a change anyway!!! :D:D

Best thing to do is stay positive and get cracking on the job applications - apply apply apply! Shame your redundancy payout isn't great, but it gives you an excuse to get out earlier if something crops up - it takes away the difficult decision of whether to stay.

What type of job are you thinking of going into? I'm a PA/Secretary too and tbh it hasn't really crossed my mind to move into something similar - I'm not sure at all what I want to do! Although I know my priorities will change once baby is here where work won't be as important to me as it is now...

You should look at it as an opportunity to get into something different, maybe something you always wanted to do but didn't have the guts to leave? Just an idea and remember - everything happens for a reason!

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for your positiveness!! Much needed! :D

To be honest I am happy being a PA - I enjoy working with Senior Managers and have just finished a Professional PA Diploma and am a member of the IPA. The only other career path I would have chosen would have been Social Work but it would be so expensive to go back to Uni to train - especially with a mortgage to pay - and even then I would be on less of a wage than I am on now so I think I will stick with what I know for now! :)

There are a good few jobs out there at the moment and a couple out of those that would be perfect! It's a very competitive market at the moment for jobs though so I am not getting my hopes up for anything! I've got 6 months so hopefully my ideal job will pop up in the not so distant future.......;)

Thursday 10th March - Extra Easy

6.30am - 7.30am - Bootcamp

Breakfast - 2 slices of WM bread (HexB) with SW hummus spread with scrambled eggs and mushrooms and a sachet of Tommy K (2 syns) - very weird breakfast I know!!

Snack - Banana

Lunch - Mussell and mackerel salad

mussell and mackerel.jpg

Snacks - carrot sticks and hummus (shared with a girl in the office), pear, fudge (5.5 syns), 2 mini eggs (1.5 syns)

spicy hummus snack.jpg

Tea - Thai Curry Style Couscous (I think from what I can find in here that is 2 syns) mixed with cherry tomatoes and jalepenos.

Then I had a bag of crisps (8 syns) booooo!!

Healthy Extras
A - 2/3 milk / 1/3 cheese (1 Babybel light)
B - bread

Total syns - 2 + 5.5 + 1.5 + 8 + 2 = 19 :eek:

Syns for the week - 45.5 / 105

It's one of my best friends' birthday night out on Saturday and we are going to a Japanese restaurant in Newcastle so am going to try to keep syns low today and tomorrow to make up for Sat night - EDIT - spoke to soon! Have scoffed a fudge and 2 mini eggs!!!!! The meal out on Saturday is getting smaller and smaller..........:p

Last edited:

Forgot to mention before - I had a bit of a situation with the old scales this morning!
OK, first confession – I am a serial, serial, serial weigher! As in I weigh every day :eek: – sometimes two times :eek: – sometimes more! :eek: No need – I absolutely know that – it’s ridiculous, stupid and occasionally counterproductive I know, I know, I know!

Anyway, so I hopped on this morning after Bootcamp and the scales are still showing 11.4 – that’s fine. I decided to move the scales elsewhere in the bathroom and the scales read 11.7. :eek: I took the scales downstairs and they read 11.10 :eek: :eek:
Arrrrrrrggghhhhhhhh!!! :mad:

I started to worry at this point.

I don’t go to group anymore and weigh at home firs thing on a Monday morning. So, today I decided to go to Boots to get weighed and see if I was 11.4, 11.7 or god forbid back up to 11.10!

The scales read 11.3 !!! :D However, I read down to my BMI and it said 35 – I scanned up and it had my height as 4’7. So the scales are obviously dodgy! I informed the lady that the scales were broken but I am still none the wiser. I am hoping that the weight was right and it was just the height measurer thingymajig that was broken.

Just thought I’d let you all know what was happening and if I suddenly shoot up to 11.10 you know why! :rolleyes:

Yeah, that's the one I like, it's really entertaining too, I went there for my hen night, you'll have a great time!

Yeah, that's the one I like, it's really entertaining too, I went there for my hen night, you'll have a great time!

Yaay! I heard it was good! I am realyl looking forward to it - going to scour through the menu now to see what my options are :D

Friday 11th March - Red

Breakfast - 2 Alpen light bars (HexB)

Snack - Banana

Lunch - Seafood salad (mussels, squid rings, prawns and mackerel - WOW!)

Snack -

Tea - Tuna Mayo and Cucumber Sandwich (1 syn for 1 tablespoon of Lighter than Light Mayo) (HexB) and 1 WW Caramel Whip bar (88 cals so mist be 4.5 syns)

Healthy Extras
A - Mini Babybel Lights
B - Alpen Lights
B - Bread

Total Syns - 4.5 + 1 + 6 = 11.5

Syns for the week - 57/105

Last edited:
fish day :D

:clap:

OK, so weekend went something like this:

Saturday
12.30pm - Beef rice with steamed veg and HexA of Cathedral City Lighter (42g)

3.30pm - Then I made some mini salmon and broccoli quiches and ate 4 of them!!!

7pm - we went to meet our friends to go through to the Japanese restaurant.

Food-wise I was as goodish I possibly could be. I opted for (as did most people) the Fujiyama Royal set menu (image of menu attached). Food was delicious and we had an absolutley FAB time! :D You are so right Kibou - brilliant place - will definitely be returning! OH was over the moon when he caught the egg in his hat!! :rolleyes: :D

I drank soda water and fresh lime with my meal but then we went out afterwards and I drank……….a lot! Probably totalling around 2 bottles of wine! :eek:

Sunday - woke up feeling extremely worse for wear! I was at work at 12 (bleeeuuurrghhhh! :( ) so pulled myself together and begrudgingly went in!
Food - not so good - poor preparation!
Had nothing until 4pm (whoops!) when I was allowed to finish early (yipee!) and went for some dinner to OH's parents. We had pork, boiled potatoes, peas, carrots, cabbage and a Yorkshire Pudding with gravy.

Then we took the dogs for a long walk to blow some cobwebs away!

When we got in we were couch bound and I ate:
Half a chocolate lamb (3.5 syns)
2 Weight Watchers chocolate bars (
1 slice of WM bread caked in Nutella! (??8)

Naaaat good! :break_diet:

When I am hungover I have no self control.

It was one of my best friends birthdays so I am not going to beat myself up over it though. Today is a new week and today I am straight back on the wagon!

Attachments

• Fujiyama3.jpg
    Fujiyama3.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 36
Monday 14th March - Extra Easy

WEIGH DAY -:scale: weighed at home - 11.4 = STS. Weighed at Boots = 11.6 (+2lb) Arrrrggghhhh!

Boots4.jpg

This is probably clothes weight (as opposed to the normal birthday suit weighing attire :eek:) so my scales at home are probably right where I have positioned them now. However, I am going to try my best to weigh only once a week from now on so I think a Monday morning weigh in at Boots might keep me on the right track.

Breakfast - Banana

Lunch - WW Mediterranean Veg Pasta (1.5 syns)

WW meal.JPG

Tea - Chilli - Extra lean beef mince, mushrooms, courgettes, onion, peppers, garlic, chillies, Uncle Ben's rice (1 syn)

Snack - 2 slices of WM bread (HexB) and 1 tbsp (measured!) of Nutella (4 syns)

Healthy Extras
A - milk in coffee / tea
B - Bread

Total syns - 1.5 + 1 + 4 = 6.5

Syns for the week - 6.5 / 105

Last edited:
urgh hun! Read my diary - should not have weighed, should not have weighed, should not have weighed!

Attack of the scales! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

going to reply properly after lunch xxx

Katerpillar said:
OK, so weekend went something like this:

Saturday
12.30pm - Beef rice with steamed veg and HexA of Cathedral City Lighter (42g)

3.30pm - Then I made some mini salmon and broccoli quiches and ate 4 of them!!!

7pm - we went to meet our friends to go through to the Japanese restaurant.

Food-wise I was as goodish I possibly could be. I opted for (as did most people) the Fujiyama Royal set menu (image of menu attached). Food was delicious and we had an absolutley FAB time! :D You are so right Kibou - brilliant place - will definitely be returning! OH was over the moon when he caught the egg in his hat!! :rolleyes: :D

I drank soda water and fresh lime with my meal but then we went out afterwards and I drank……….a lot! Probably totalling around 2 bottles of wine! :eek:

Sunday - woke up feeling extremely worse for wear! I was at work at 12 (bleeeuuurrghhhh! :( ) so pulled myself together and begrudgingly went in!
Food - not so good - poor preparation!
Had nothing until 4pm (whoops!) when I was allowed to finish early (yipee!) and went for some dinner to OH's parents. We had pork, boiled potatoes, peas, carrots, cabbage and a Yorkshire Pudding with gravy.

Then we took the dogs for a long walk to blow some cobwebs away!

When we got in we were couch bound and I ate:
Half a chocolate lamb (3.5 syns)
2 Weight Watchers chocolate bars (
1 slice of WM bread caked in Nutella! (??8)

Naaaat good! :break_diet:

When I am hungover I have no self control.

It was one of my best friends birthdays so I am not going to beat myself up over it though. Today is a new week and today I am straight back on the wagon!

Wow! Sounds like you've had a great weekend! I drank FAR too much wine this weekend!!!

What kind of dogs do you have?
It was one of my close friends birthday too and I really over indulged at the buffet!

Katerpillar said:
Monday 14th March - Extra Easy

WEIGH DAY -:scale: weighed at home - 11.4 = STS. Weighed at Boots = 11.6 (+2lb) Arrrrggghhhh!
This is probably clothes weight (as opposed to the normal birthday suit weighing attire :eek:) so my scales at home are probably right where I have positioned them now. However, I am going to try my best to weigh only once a week from now on so I think a Monday morning weigh in at Boots might keep me on the right track.

Breakfast - Banana

Lunch - WW Mediterranean Veg Pasta (1.5 syns)

Tea - Spag bol - Extra lean beef mince, mushrooms, courgettes, onion, peppers, garlic and WM pasta

Healthy Extras
A - milk in coffee / tea
B -

Total syns - 1.5

Syns for the week - 1.5 /105

Wow, firstly well done for your sts!!!! So proud of you Hun!!

Secondly - can't believe you weigh in at home! How inspiring! I would never be able to stick to plan if I was only getting weighed myself!

Have you planned all week? I'm doing it now - red and green days and all 100% days!!

I have been awful and ha an awful weigh in for my syns (no pun, obvz) gained five pounds!!! Five bloody pounds!! So gutted! Meh!

Re starting 30 day shred tomorrow and upping my water intake! Hup two hup two!!

Have an ace week hun!!! xx

Thank you babe! I will reply later when I am in a better mood - job applications day today!!! :(

Tuesday 15th March - Extra Easy

Lunch - Homemade veg soup with 2 x WM bread (HexB) and 1 Babybel Light (1/3 HexA) + Flora light (2 syns)

Veg Soup.JPG

Tea - Leftover chilli from last night and 21g of Cathedral City Light (3 syns)

Snacks Banana and an Options Belgian choc hot chocolate (2.5 syns I think?? Will check for definite tomorrow)

Healthy Extras
A - 2/3 milk and 1/3 cheese
B - bread

Syns - 2.5 + 3 + 2

Total syns for week - 14 / 105

Last edited:
I hate job applications! You have to fill in all those forms when you just want to shove a CV at them and tell them to read that instead!
I am sure you will be rewarded for your proactivity though and something will come along soon enough.
Last time I was job hunting I applied for lots of jobs while I was working my notice and didn't hear anything (like, not even a 'thank you for applying') and then the week after I finished work I had three interviews and was working in a new job the week after! It made me think that employers often want people who are immediately available? Or maybe I was just lucky.
That was in the summer of 2009, slap bang in the middle of the recession, so one thing I do know is that there definitely ARE jobs out there, there's just more competition for them :)

Back