Food Food Everywhere...

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by katie_oxo, 17 March 2007 Social URL.

1. katie_oxo

katie_oxo Silver Member

... Got the inlaws here this evening (I've sneaked into the other room for 10 mins) - hubby had prepared a huge buffet for everyone and I've avoided touching anything without them even noticing :) Didn't want to tell them about LL as don't fancy answering all the questions, plus they live in Scotland so I don't see them regularly for them to really notice ... though hopefully they'll notice a size difference in me next time we meet :D

I've been up to the dining table where all the food is a few times with my back to them so they think I'm picking ... oh it's all good fun LOL

Cath

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Sez

Sez has started again!!

Diet:
    Dukan
    Well done Cath! I did similar on my own birthday earlier this month, had a slice of my own cake on a plate, crumbled it about a bit, then got rid! No-one batted an eyelid!

BTW, my OH is 45 next week, and to treat him, I have booked for us and some close pals to go to a lovely looking, brand new European cuisine restaurant on Fri. I even told them when I went in and booked that I would not be eating. The owner and chef was totally fantastic, offering to cook me anything I wanted, saying he understood about dietery needs etc. "Anything you want, tell me, I will make it." Fully explained LL to him, and he was such an absolute sweetie about it all, even told me I was beautiful as I am!! (LOL) If they all enjoy their meal on Fri, I know where I will be going for a treat on managment!!

4. hippoellie

hippoellie CDC

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Well done Cath on turning avoiding food into fun! Great way to handle a potential stressful situation.

And Sez that is great to hear- its wonderful when people are sympathetic, especially restaurants after all they are supposed to be making money out of us.

Crikey, I wonder how much money I have spent in restaurants over the years...must be thousands:cry:
    Kx

5. katie_oxo

katie_oxo Silver Member

Well they've all left now and the house is peaceful again. Was really funny as I've they'd all eaten I made a cup of the mushroom soup and hubbys mum said 'Oh I didn't know you were having a cup of tea, I'd have had one' :) I just smiled and kept on drinking.

Sarah that's really good of the restaurant to be that way with you and as for the compliments well he scores extra points :)

Cath

6. Sez

Sez has started again!!

Diet:
    Dukan
    Hi Cath,

Well done you! What a star! You obviuosly handled that brilliantly! How good will you feel on the scales this week!!!

love

7. katie_oxo

katie_oxo Silver Member

Cheers Sarah - I'll feel good on those scales as long as the numbers have gone down LOL.

Realised this morning that I'm more than half way through week 3 - that put a smile on my face ... time isn't half flying - I must be having fun :)

Cath

8. Sez

Sez has started again!!

Diet:
    Dukan
    god, wish it were flying for me! Just making a roast dinner for family, made Easter Biscs this am, feeling very very tearful and sorry for myself at mo. Hopefully it is just TOTM, which I think is almost upon me. I seem to remember I felt like this last month, which fell in first week!!! (Not great I can tell you!!!)

9. katie_oxo

katie_oxo Silver Member

Oh no Sarah, keep remembering that no matter how bad you feel at the moment and you will feel brighter and more upbeat again soon - it probably is due to TOTM and that will soon pass.

I just made the most gorgeous looking roast beef dinner I think I've ever made - everything about it was perfect ... and what I said to hubby was 'No matter how gorgeous that looks and tastes it doesn't come anywhere near how great I'll feel when I stand on the scales on Wednesday and see the drop in numbers".

We will get through this honey, just stand strong. Why don't you go and have a nice relaxing bath as soon as you get chance - take a book with you and get some 'me time'.

Cath
    x

10. Steph

Steph Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Sorry to read you are feeling down Sez :hug99: Hope it passes quickly and you're feeling more upbeat soon.

Cath you're such an inspiration :D I think I need to adopt that quote as my mantra over the next few months.

11. katie_oxo

katie_oxo Silver Member

LOL that's the first time I've ever been called an inspiration in my life - cheers Steph. I do feel like that over food up to now but I'm hoping that I can still feel that way when I'm on a 'bad day' .... so I may be back to read this post again at some point.

Sarah I hope you're feeling brighter now - come on .. give us a smile :D

Cath

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.