Food Food Everywhere...

katie_oxo

Silver Member
... Got the inlaws here this evening (I've sneaked into the other room for 10 mins) - hubby had prepared a huge buffet for everyone and I've avoided touching anything without them even noticing :) Didn't want to tell them about LL as don't fancy answering all the questions, plus they live in Scotland so I don't see them regularly for them to really notice ... though hopefully they'll notice a size difference in me next time we meet :D

I've been up to the dining table where all the food is a few times with my back to them so they think I'm picking ... oh it's all good fun LOL

Cath

Well done Cath! I did similar on my own birthday earlier this month, had a slice of my own cake on a plate, crumbled it about a bit, then got rid! No-one batted an eyelid!

BTW, my OH is 45 next week, and to treat him, I have booked for us and some close pals to go to a lovely looking, brand new European cuisine restaurant on Fri. I even told them when I went in and booked that I would not be eating. The owner and chef was totally fantastic, offering to cook me anything I wanted, saying he understood about dietery needs etc. "Anything you want, tell me, I will make it." Fully explained LL to him, and he was such an absolute sweetie about it all, even told me I was beautiful as I am!! (LOL) If they all enjoy their meal on Fri, I know where I will be going for a treat on managment!!

Well done Cath on turning avoiding food into fun! Great way to handle a potential stressful situation.

And Sez that is great to hear- its wonderful when people are sympathetic, especially restaurants after all they are supposed to be making money out of us.

Crikey, I wonder how much money I have spent in restaurants over the years...must be thousands:cry:
Kx

Well they've all left now and the house is peaceful again. Was really funny as I've they'd all eaten I made a cup of the mushroom soup and hubbys mum said 'Oh I didn't know you were having a cup of tea, I'd have had one' :) I just smiled and kept on drinking.

Sarah that's really good of the restaurant to be that way with you and as for the compliments well he scores extra points :)

Cath

Hi Cath,

Well done you! What a star! You obviuosly handled that brilliantly! How good will you feel on the scales this week!!!

love

Cheers Sarah - I'll feel good on those scales as long as the numbers have gone down LOL.

Realised this morning that I'm more than half way through week 3 - that put a smile on my face ... time isn't half flying - I must be having fun :)

Cath

god, wish it were flying for me! Just making a roast dinner for family, made Easter Biscs this am, feeling very very tearful and sorry for myself at mo. Hopefully it is just TOTM, which I think is almost upon me. I seem to remember I felt like this last month, which fell in first week!!! (Not great I can tell you!!!)

Oh no Sarah, keep remembering that no matter how bad you feel at the moment and you will feel brighter and more upbeat again soon - it probably is due to TOTM and that will soon pass.

I just made the most gorgeous looking roast beef dinner I think I've ever made - everything about it was perfect ... and what I said to hubby was 'No matter how gorgeous that looks and tastes it doesn't come anywhere near how great I'll feel when I stand on the scales on Wednesday and see the drop in numbers".

We will get through this honey, just stand strong. Why don't you go and have a nice relaxing bath as soon as you get chance - take a book with you and get some 'me time'.

Cath
x

god, wish it were flying for me! Just making a roast dinner for family, made Easter Biscs this am, feeling very very tearful and sorry for myself at mo. Hopefully it is just TOTM, which I think is almost upon me. I seem to remember I felt like this last month, which fell in first week!!! (Not great I can tell you!!!)

Sorry to read you are feeling down Sez :hug99: Hope it passes quickly and you're feeling more upbeat soon.

'No matter how gorgeous that looks and tastes it doesn't come anywhere near how great I'll feel when I stand on the scales on Wednesday and see the drop in numbers".

Cath you're such an inspiration :D I think I need to adopt that quote as my mantra over the next few months.

LOL that's the first time I've ever been called an inspiration in my life - cheers Steph. I do feel like that over food up to now but I'm hoping that I can still feel that way when I'm on a 'bad day' .... so I may be back to read this post again at some point.

Sarah I hope you're feeling brighter now - come on .. give us a smile :D

Cath

Back