food for thought - MASSIVE LOSS

Ok S and SS foods eh ??!!

***runs off to re-read sw books***

well done , numbers i can only dream of lol. In reality is it healthy? Slimming world promotes a lifestyle change and i personally do not want to live on s or ss foods foreva

While an amazing loss and a brilliant motivator :) it would be pretty much impossible for someone that size to lose that much in pure fat in just one week. I would imagine that the lady lost a lot of Glycogen stores as well, which is likely if she has reduced her carb intake - this would happen natuarally if just eating speed or super speed foods.

wowzers, that's a pretty awesome achievement. Is losing that much in a week really healthy though? I mean did she still have HEA's and syns or just S and SS foods? Cos that's not a balanced diet, and she could be at risk of gaining some or all of it back if she stops that kind of eating...

good on her though!

yes she had her healthy extras and syns, but she chose healthy extras with S, SS or CC symbols.

apparently the consultant is going to look through her food diary to check what she ate then give copies to those who want one.

if i get a copy i will post it up here for us all to coo over!

Oh please do - that'd be interesting :)

wow - how nice would that be, nearly a stone in one week!!

How bizarre, at class today we were asked if we were up for a challenge and having said "of course" our consultant gave us a list of all the speed and super speed foods - 295 across both plans!

So although not saying this is all you can eat, she was saying to see how many of the S and SS foods we can eat in a week and there "may" be a prize for the most, and there would definitely be a prize if anyone ate conger eel on red as it's £25 per lb!!!

Lol at the conger eel!!!

I think that follwoing the plan like this occassionally would be fine, not everyone would lose even close to thtat amount though!! WW have a plan called fast start that you can follow for up to 2 weeks at a time, its pretty low calorie so they say not to do it for longer. Its just to provide a boost, either when you first start, or if you are plateauing for a while. I would think trying to eat S and SS for a week would be fine occassionally for a boost.

Well done to that lady anyway!!!

Reminds me of the biggest loser!

This is a super thread, if only to get us to look at the speed and superspeed foods.
It's hard to do it though, my lunch yesterday was good for speed - turkey, lentils, carrots and swede in a stew but it had potatoes in it and they're not a speed.
Then dinner was carbonara, bacon, pasta, eggs and fromage frais - none of these are speed!! The salad was though!
I think I would struggle to do it for each meal - I don't think there are too many B choices which are speed (except maybe scan!!)
Anyway, thanks for this - I'm trying to have more speed :)

i wouldnt mind a list of s &ss foods, i did start to write it out, but a print out would save me from writters cramp, although wonder if i could write it as body magic :D

I think thats amazing..however....was she really sticking to plan 100% in the weeks previously I wonder? I know some people who follow the CD but go to SW as they like the group Image Therapy classes. Everyone marvels at their weight losses, but in actual fact they arent following the SW plan at all!

It's a great loss and if she was bigger or had been gaining in previous weeks or was a noob I would say it's fantastic but if she has been doing something unhealthy then I don't think it's good. I remember when I went to group, if someone had a great loss EVERYONE wanted to know how and wanted to follow that person. If the loss wasn't acheived sticking to the plan, for example if she ONLY had S and SS foods and no HE's and no Syns, then this shouldn't be celebrated or encouraged. I totally agree that SW is about the long haul and a healthier lifestyle, not a quick fix

Back