Food Ideas

Chicaloca

Silver Member
I find myself in an unusual situation!

I am on a GREEN and am looking for inspiration for dinner tonight, the odd past is I have a full 15 syns to play with!!1

infact I could have more as only had 11 sysn for the past 2 days.

I dont know what to do with myself!?!?!?

Suggestions please, as I normally stick to low or no syn meals and use syns on cereal bars, dressings etc etc so i feel a bit lost now :rolleyes:

Last night I had sausage casserole, made with quorn sausages, it was delicous. Just chucked in some beans, gravy (syned), peas, onions, potatoes & sausage in a slow cooker & had for tea, yummy.

Quorn Chilli and rice, Jacket spuds, Vege Curry..................... Im on Red today so will be Lamb, brocolli, cauli and swede and Carrot and HE potatoes

what about macaroni cheese.. the recipe is quite simple.. depends how many you are doing it for but it bring the syns down in it you can use 2a's

Handful of cherry tomatoes cut in half
an onion (if just for you, use half)
leek (same as above)
handful of mushrooms chopped
125ml semi skimmed milk (use the other 125ml in something else to make a full hex or syn the milk)
42g reduced fat cheddar
however much macaroni you wanna use
2 tbsp of fat free natural yogurt
2 tbsp of cornflour - 5 syns

In a frying pan cover with frylight and fry off the onions mushrooms and leek, after a couple of minutes add a splash of water to simmer the leek, whilst this cooks put on the macaroni and cook to your taste. Once all the liquid has gone from the onion mix add the tomatos and fry for a couple of minutes. Take off the heat.
Whilst the macaroni is cooking add the majority of the milk into a small pan, reserve some in a cup and add the cornflour and stir until dissolved. Bring the milk in the pan to a boil and add the cornflour milk, reduce the heat and continue stiring until the mixture is thickened, add the yogurt and half of the cheese and season.

Add all of the ingredients together (onion mix, pasta and sauce) put into an ovenproof dish and sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top. Cook in the oven on 180 until the mixture is firm and golden xx

Doing it that way the whole thing would be 5 syns.. if wanting extra cheese or not using the milk as a hex then these would be additional syns but would not take you over 15 xx

Five bean chilli made with quorn chunks and some rice or slimming world chips.

thats syn free to and very nice also :D

All sound great, but I need to use up my syns!!!

Dont know what to do, as normally I would have any of the above as low in syns but tonight I can go wild!!!! :D

what to have? what to have?

Chocolate, wine, nice yoghurt, mayonase with tea, gravy, nice cake, all yummy:D

I know I know! This is what I normally have, but this time I want a high syn meal.

Oh well...!!!:sigh:

What do you really like from your pre-SW diet that you don't normally have now?
How about having jacket pots with extra cheese, salad and proper full fat coleslaw as your syns.
Or SW chips, beans and using your syns on a nice quiche.
Or why don't you make a lazy pasta dish with a synned jar mix and have some garlic bread with it?
These are the types of things I really like to have but don't due to doind SW. Or have a syn free tea and put yourself i a choclate coma afterwards!! xx

put yourself i a choclate coma afterwards!! xx[/QUOTE said:
lol, this may win!

I'd have a creamy pasta dish with real cream or garlic bread or pizza with it... I love italian - miss the naughty bits you're not usually allowed!

Queen Bizzle got there before me! I was going to say that if it was me I would have a creamy pasta dish with garlic bread. Or stilton and mushroom gnocchi. Mmmm. Maybe I need to save my syns up one of these days...

Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeese! I having real cheese!

Back