Food.. its soooo last year..12 pesky pounds till goal :D

Day 35 out of 42

Okay I have now woken up now, so may not sound so grumpy!

Have just entered another race Gt Weston 5 on May 7th, just a fiver miler in Northants somewhere, so shouldn't be too difficult. Race finishes at a country fair, so I can even stuff my face afterwards (my 42nd day will have occured by then!)

When I look at my ticker and see 22 lbs left, I think what the hell am i playing about at! I can get that off in no time at all (probably less than 42 days if I actually stick to it!) Surely after spending all that time on this diet before, during and after xmas, I can manage a paltry 42 days! Especially if I can get hold of some appetite suppressants!

SO lets see how I go during the week this week, I have a very busy week ahead, but not got too much planned for weekend (sparkly waters and a gig with Lottie on Friday and maybe another trip up to huddersfield - but just a quiet drink and catch up with mates I never saw at the weekend) so I should be able to stay off the alcohol (limit myself to a couple of wines or something - although TBH I alcohol wasn't really anything to do with my eating at the weekend, I reckon I would have done it even if I had been sober!)

Made virtually all my appointments now for this week, so may go out for my 4 miler shortly, whilst the sun is shining :D

Okay I have now woken up now, so may not sound so grumpy!

Have just entered another race Gt Weston 5 on May 7th, just a fiver miler in Northants somewhere, so shouldn't be too difficult. Race finishes at a country fair, so I can even stuff my face afterwards (my 42nd day will have occured by then!)

When I look at my ticker and see 22 lbs left, I think what the hell am i playing about at! I can get that off in no time at all (probably less than 42 days if I actually stick to it!) Surely after spending all that time on this diet before, during and after xmas, I can manage a paltry 42 days! Especially if I can get hold of some appetite suppressants!

SO lets see how I go during the week this week, I have a very busy week ahead, but not got too much planned for weekend (sparkly waters and a gig with Lottie on Friday and maybe another trip up to huddersfield - but just a quiet drink and catch up with mates I never saw at the weekend) so I should be able to stay off the alcohol (limit myself to a couple of wines or something - although TBH I alcohol wasn't really anything to do with my eating at the weekend, I reckon I would have done it even if I had been sober!)

Made virtually all my appointments now for this week, so may go out for my 4 miler shortly, whilst the sun is shining :D

Hi !
Just catching up on all your stuff. New weight goals and running schedules, all very impressive :)

Okay so I am back to kick ass......yes 22 lb left, what are you hanging around for, get to it !!!! Do you realise that I am 12 stone something now and I started at over 20 stone, I am catching up with you fast so hurry up or I will be thinner than you :D :D :D Then I will come and steal all your clothes, hehe !

Enjoy the run, its a beautiful day !

Hi !
Then I will come and steal all your clothes, hehe !

Wow u are doing brilliantly... as for the clothes lol, lotties already had them all!!

U must feel so amazing, well done on sticking to it, wish I had never strayed, but there u go.. lesson learnt.. alas its not so easy to get back on it

Wow u are doing brilliantly... as for the clothes lol, lotties already had them all!!

U must feel so amazing, well done on sticking to it, wish I had never strayed, but there u go.. lesson learnt.. alas its not so easy to get back on it

No problem, I was intending going to steal Lottie's too :)

I am pleased but getting a bit nervous about coping with food again. I am only a goody two-shoes about not straying coz I am so bleeding terrified about eating food again and what might happen :eek:

I know its going to be hard once I taste something yummy.....I have every sympathy for you Kirstin, I really do. But we will all get there !

28 days left to goal

Haven't been on here for a week, I was sick of recording my failures:banghead: , didn't feel it was productive to the diet, to say I was committed one minute and then eat something the next - I knew my head wasn't where I needed it to be, I struggled after two months (and 10lbs gain) to get back on target. CD is all about how much you want it, if you want the weightloss enough you will stick to it 100% - the way I did the first 13 weeks. But when you are so close to goal and happily wandering round in size 12 clothes it is very difficult to give CD the same amount of commitment.:devilangel:

So at the beginning of last week, I was still cheating:eat: :whoopass: , but half way through the week I realised I was actually sick of food, everything I thought I wanted to eat was a complete anti-climax (virtually anyway, somethings were as expected bloody gorgeous!). I knew that I had to do something about it then and there, I wasn't at the size 10 that I want to be and I had got off lightly from all my binging, if I kept on, then the weight would pile back on.

Thursday was day one SS.... I have now done 4 complete days (today is day 5). I hadn't weighed myself on Thursday morning, but I weighed myself on Friday after one complete day and I was 12 st 5lbs - so I was probably a little more on Thursday morning when I started.

I am very happy to say I am now back in the 11's!!! I weigh 11 stone 12 lbs:scale: this morning, so in four days I have lost a minimum of 7lbs - but it was probably a little more due to not weighing in on Thursday.

I have 28 days left of my little target that I set myself and I have 19lbs to go... I used to average 4lbs loss a week, plus I still have 3 days of the first week of restart to go... so 28 days is just doable!

SO in 28 days I aim to be 10 1/2 stone and a BMI of 23 point something.

Have kept the running up, but not as regularly as I planned. I have now set my training days in stone, have added them to my training diary already, I read in one of my running magazines that you should treat your training days like an important appointment that you cannot cancel. So I haven't actually planned them down to a time of day, but I have planned the mileage for the days concerned. I have planned 4 running days plus 1 running/rest day a week, which gives me a little flexibility whilst SS'ing in case I'm knackered! As well as the running I will go to the gym to tone, but not planned these trips to the gym in.:superwoman:

I may knock the Tough Guy race on the head until next year, this is only because it is £60 and I really can't afford that this month... next month it will be £65 - so I may still enter then, but will decide on payday. I really want to do it!

I'm pleased to announce my annoyingly committed self appears to be back, so far in the last four days, I have resisted all the beautiful smelling hot dogs, thai, chinese, chicken, jacket potatoes etc that were being sold at Donington Race Course on Saturday when I was there and yesterday I visited a National Trust property and managed to go to their restaurant and order a coffee and resist the ridiculously large and gorgeous looking slices of homemade cake that were on display (pre-diet NT restaurants were a huge weakness for me - their main meals, desserts and cakes are all home-made and totally scrummy:drool: !)

:bliss:

11s 12 lb is great !

I have rattled on about not reinforcing the negative by posting "failed attempts" on your diary, on my diary so I won't :blahblah: on again now on here :)

Oh boy, do I understand the NT thing ! In the last week I have been to 3 different NT properties with people and they have all eaten big fat yummy dinners there and fab cakes and :drool: ice-creams. I have had sparkly water, black coffee and a bar. But GAWD it is so hard !

It kinda feels powerful too though and I hope my resolve is still there when I am eating food again. I feel like I am in control of what I have and don't have and I have never done that in my life. The food doesn't have the power. I mean I want it but I don't have to have it. Now I am rattling ! Time to go............have a good week !:)

27 days to go

Weight today 11 st 11lbs :) (although scales played a mean trick, they are digital and when i stepped on them the first time they said 11st 8lbs!!!!!!!!! But I always stand on them 3 times, for 3 consecutive reading - OCD maybe lol - and when i stood on them next they said 11st 11lbs.. but still a pound off and I had two wines yesterday)

18lbs to go.. think 11st 11lbs is my lowest weight since starting CD

Now I have a dilemma, I have a third date tonight with Neil (mentioned him before - third date was supposed to happen over a week ago, but he canceled).. but he is marginally shorter than me (could just be when I have heels on though, so may be same height) and he is a crap kisser - only kissed him once so far.... I don't really want to go, he has sent me a text last night asking if I'm still on for it and whilst I get on really well with him, there is no attraction. I'd rather be just friends. Can't see what the point is in going out tonight and risking having two more wines that I wouldn't have if I stayed in... also I'm trying to conserve cash and circumstances (like dates) keep forcing me to spend money I don't want to spend!!

Last edited:
27 days to go continued

Just done my run for the day, 3 miles - av speed 10.02 min miles, so not as quick as two weeks ago but quicker than the last two runs. Think the running is harder purely because I am SS'ing.. the last 2 months when my running has been going brilliantly I was of course eating whatever I wanted, including loads of carbs, so it can only be expected that it would take a knocking now I have carb free VLCD thing going on again!

Will prob not increase my mileage too much over the next 26 and a bit days, will stick at the 3-4 mile mark so as to not overdo it.

Have agreed to go on date... not really into it but its rude to cancel, and I did enjoy chatting to him. He wanted to pick me up tonight, which is ridiculous since he lives 30 miles away, i reckon he wanted to get me drunk and get his wicked way.. well its tough, coz i told him i'd meet him at pub we've been to before roughly half way between our homes!:rotflmao:

26 days to go

Bit disappointing today - 1lb on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And i never cheated!!!

But it is TOTM .. so guess its a bit of water retention, still a pain in the @rse though - I wanted to be at least 11 st 10lbs today... hopefully the pound on and a further pound will be gone by tomorrow. I never learn the lesson of not weighing every day!!

In view of the tiredness I feel when running I may review my maintenance goals. Originally I planned to SS to 10 1/2 stone and then do 790 down to 9 1/2 stone, so that I would finish at 10 stone after I put glucose store back on.

I will still either get down to 9 1/2 stone or 10 stone .. but I may have to do this through WW (obviously not through a class coz I don't think they have you when you are the correct weight for your height??), I have old WW diets somewhere, so could follow one of those. This is purely because when my serious marathon training starts I need to up the mileage on a weekly basis and on SS or 790 this won't be possible, I would need some carbs.. think it would be silly to even attempt to train for a marathon with no carbs at all.

Will make up mind on which my final ultimate goal will be (either 9 1/2 stone or 10 stone, once I know how I feel at 10 1/2 stone.

Rest day on the running front today, well i planned it in as rest or 3miler.. I'm taking rest as running three consecutive days would wear me out on SS i think!

Heres to tomorrow.. this pound had better have gone by then!!

Hope your one pound disappears ! I have only had a 1kg weight loss this week and it isn't TOTM so I know how disheartening it can be. :sigh:

I think you may need more than SS'ing to get the energy you need for all that running. Couldn't you do the 1000 or 15000 plan ? Don't faint on us girl !:eek:

26 days to goal continued

Struggling tonight, for some reason I've been hungry all day. Have had four shakes now to try and take the feeling away but it won't go!

Also had dodgy stomach, runs and feel a bit weak, cold and cr@ppy :(

The last six days have been easy really, not sure why I would feel hungry today, I've been in Ketosis for the last 3 days.

All I can think about is the chip shop!:cry:

25 days to go

Well the scales are really having some f****** fun now!!!! 11st 13lbs today ...... this never happened the first time round at TOTM, i just stayed the same and didn't drop any weight!!!!! How can I put on a pound a day over two days when I am SS'ing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last night I did have extra litre of water before bed, but I'm sure I got rid of it after many many trips to the loo during the night... wish i'd had bloody chips now... least the pound on would be justified then!!!!!!!

PS I know I shouldn't have weighed myself... but I wanted the previous pound off!!! Roll on end of TOTM... its cruel when I just want the SS bit to be over so i can get on with my life and instead its going the opposite bloody weigh.... couldn't resist the mis-spell!

Oh Kirstin, keep away from the scales for a few days, it isn't worth it. You know that when you are SS'ing you are losing weight in the fastest possible way that you can. So blips on scales are down to fluids, need to poo, etc etc (graphic eh?) Give it time to show you a true picture or you are putting yourself on an emotional rollercoaster every day.

You did right not to have chips - how would that have helped?

Please keep off the scales, enjoy each day and get on with your life. Changes in pounds every day don't mean jack s***t.

End of stern lecture !:)

Back