Food.. its soooo last year..12 pesky pounds till goal :D

Hello mate

You are doing brill... ignore the scales - they'll be back on track in no time - it's great being so close to target and you are within a stone's throw away (pun intended) haha!!

Luv,

Thanks guys, been a good day today..not thought of food once.. although now chippy is calling again of course..!

Only had two shakes so far, gonna have a third in a mo... run planned in for tonight.. can't say i'm looking forward to it!

PS mel.. they would have tasted nice

One of the pesky pounds has gone now, its so damn annoying to get to 11st 11lbs only for two pounds to go on through no fault of my b'stard own! So hopefully the other one and another will have gone by tomorrow.. fingers crossed!

Off for run shortly, just thought i'd update

CD def going normally now anyway, thats one good thing. Although I am on a date tomorrow, and he has booked a restaurant! So i will be having a chicken salad... even though I don't actually want to eat anything.. nothing whatsoever! Its all that pressure to feckin eat .. hate it, if people just left you alone life would be a lot simpler! SO now to humour someone I have to have a meal i don't want.. hell its not even something i would choose to eat in a restaurant ...... He knows about the diet, sort of, I've only had one date with him before, but because I'd said that u are allowed chicken salad type meals every fifth week, he thought that if he booked a restaurant that would be what I could eat... and of course he gave me the talk of the fact that surely I don't need to lose any weight - obviously he never knew me fat. I know it won't actually make any difference to weightloss, since it would just be like AAM, but its the whole psychology thing.. I have got back to my old way of thinking, and feel that I would rather just get it over and done with.

Pressure pressure pressure pressure!!!!!!!!!!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrr!

Babes if you don't wanna do it dont!!

I know how important the right frrame of mind is on this diet and psychologically eating the meal could thrown you right off track again!!

Be assertive and say you don't want to go for a meal - a drink will be fine!! Dates do not have to revolve around food - and i'm the expert in the matter!!! PMSL.

Do what YOU want to do chick!

I so agree with you PA,,blooming people and there celebrating the opening of an envelope with food, and if we don't partake, then we're the freaks...:)

Enjoy your night with him anyway, and maybe work de calories off another way ;)

Agree Kirstin, if you don't want to eat then please don't. I eat out with my OH and with family and I take a bar and have water and coffee. It's no big deal really.

I used to think I was being unsociable or a nuisance etc. But that was the adapted child part of me trying to be a good girl and be liked and not cause problems. The adult me says I make the choices and choose to eat or not to for my own reasons.

Hope its a great date anyway !

23 days to go

I'm very happy to say that the other TOTM pound has now gone.. plus an extra one.. down to 11st 10lbs today.. so 17lbs to go!

Also i'm not eating tonight - and I never made that decision the date did! He appears to be perceptive, when I was sleeping last night he had sent a text saying that although he had booked a table already, reading between the lines he thought my diet
was very important to me and the fact that I watched him eat scones at the weekend reinforced this. He said therefore that if I wanted he wouldn't mind canceling the table and just going for a drink!!!!

So i sent message this morning saying for him to do that if he didn't mind!

Felt a bit paranoid though, seems a bit strange for the change in
mind... so then i got paranoid that he had googled me and somehow come up with my minimins diary.. but I've tried googling me and not come up with it! Plus he doesn't know my surname. So maybe he is just a strangely perceptive bloke and i am just being paranoid?!!?!?!!

On the running front, I'm injured and not happy!!!! I went for a run yesterday afternoon and the first 3 1/4 miles were going great, didn't feel knackered or anything... but I did have a slight twinge of muscle pain in my left calf... but like a prat I ran through it, at 3 1/4 miles my calf cramped up, I came to an abrupt halt and couldn't run any further. Tried stretching it, walking, slow jog.. but all was too painful, hurt to bend the leg in the natural running way. So i had to limp back to the car, where i did some more stretching.

Hurt to drive home (clutch leg) and when I was at home, going up and down the stairs was a problem. Rested it for rest of yesterday and this morning it does seem a little better, but I am still limping and the crampy feeling is still there.. going to leave it a bit longer, may try an experimental run later, but not if it hurts, because once you get a muscle cramp they just come back so easily.. so disappointed. Planned on running both today and tomorrow, but I won't run whilst injured, would much rather run tomorrow if its better than force it too soon today.

22 Days to go

Weight stayed the same today. Never ate last night as planned, did have a couple of white wine and sodas but then I just had sparkly water. Had a really good night.

Weirdly for the second time since my restart I have the runs.. what is that all about!!!! Usually I can't go to the loo for days! (Sorry for sharing btw!)

Excellent day yesterday, weather gorgeous, discovered that my garden is completely private, not one house overlooks me if I lie in the right place so was able to sunbathe topless... how weird does sunbathing in April sound btw! Meant that I was able to rest my injured calf all day - feels much better today but does still hurt.. not sure whether I will run or not - I think I probably shouldn't because I risk doing it again until its completely better .. its just I do fancy running :boohoo:

Glad you enjoyed your night out and a day lolling in the sun sounded very relaxing. I can't wait to move as my new house has a private garden - bliss ! Here I am overlooked by about 50 houses - no exageration:sigh:

I googled for magickmel the other day after reading your post and got loads of minimin hits. But it would mean that someone would need to know your nickname. Just coz we are paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get us :eek: :D

Glad you enjoyed your night out and a day lolling in the sun sounded very relaxing. I can't wait to move as my new house has a private garden - bliss ! Here I am overlooked by about 50 houses - no exageration:sigh:

I googled for magickmel the other day after reading your post and got loads of minimin hits. But it would mean that someone would need to know your nickname. Just coz we are paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get us :eek: :D

jeez, I didn't even think this was possible, now I'm paranoid,,not about anybody in particular, but now feel our private little corner, ain't so private anymore,,:cry: good to know, its not like I thought the internet was private, but to search on a username on normal google like that is plain spooky..:cry:

jeez, I didn't even think this was possible, now I'm paranoid,,not about anybody in particular, but now feel our private little corner, ain't so private anymore,,:cry: good to know, its not like I thought the internet was private, but to search on a username on normal google like that is plain spooky..:cry:

I have to say I was very suprised and it felt scarey but there again there are always Guests signed in on here who never join or post who read our stuff all the time so I suppose we have to remember nothing we say is going to be private !:eek:

Ah well he def doesn't know my nickname .. phew :D

got a fantastic start to my tan

Been out sunbathing - considered naked.. but whilst I don't mind if the two guys next door get a cheap thrill looking through holes in the fence at me topless sunbathing.. i felt a bit uncomfortable at the thought they may do it if i was naked.

Not that they have looked through holes in the fence.. as far as I know, but I figured i'd just stick with topless... next weekend though it may have to be g-string bikini!

Anyway have a brilliant start to my summer tan.. IN APRIL!!!! I so can't get over the weather! :bliss: :rotflmao: :bliss:

Woooohooo! 21 days to go

Extremely happy to say that my weight today is 11st 7lbs!! :bliss:

Plus a BMI of exactly 26...which means that at some point this week my BMI is going to be in the 25's.. albeit 25 point something - so still technically overweight..but only a few tiny little points and i will be NORMAL!! (well weightwise.. think its too much to expect that I will ever be totally normal mentality wise!)

So 21 days to go to lose 14lbs.. hmm can it be done.. hope so! Thursday will be the end of my full second week of SS'ing.. so maybe I still have a chance at losing a few extra pounds, before it levels out into 3 or 4 a week *fingers crossed!* I'm so impatient.. I just want those extra 14lbs to disappear just like that - I'm so frustrated that I ever took time off from the diet.. I would have been at goal now for 2 months if I had stuck to it! But its coming off.. oh yes! :gimi:

Think my leg is better enough to try a run today, will run this evening now, since i not long got up. There is still a twinge, but i'm walking properly and stairs are okay again, so as long as I take it easy and warm up and stretch first I think it will be okay, prob only do a couple of miles slowly to test it out, better than nowt!

Last edited:
Just resurrected my CD Record Book

Thought it would be good idea to resurrect my CD record book so I can keep a total record of my progress on the diet.. but with a break from 29 Jan until 9 April (even though I restarted on a Thursday - i have kept weigh in day as Monday, which meant that I was 2kg under the weight that I was on 29 Jan - I had never recorded my weight when I fell off the diet at end of Jan - it was 11stone 12lbs though according to minimins diary - which was actually the same weight as i was on 9 April.. so easy to start up again!)

So total figures are as follows:

Starting weight: 16 stone 3lbs
Weight today: 11stone 7lbs
Total weight loss: 29.93KG! which is 66lbs which is 4 STONE 10LBS! :queen:

Start BMI was 37.03
BMI today 26

Measurements:

Start:
Chest: 47
Waist: 41
Hips: 49.5

Today:
Chest: 38
Waist: 30
Hips: 38

So that is a total loss of:

9 inches from my chest
11 inches from my waist :wow:
11.5 inches from my hips

:rotflmao: :bliss: :scale:

Hey Kirstin,

Brilliant news on your progress ! 11st 7lb eh ? That's what I want to be which gives me a BMI of 25.2 so I must be a bit shorter than you :) Then I hope to get it under 25 by AAM, 790 etc But I am starting to really want food so 11st 7lb will have to do.

I don't know if I am imagining it but I feel my body is close to having enough and it wants protein. I have never been like this before and don't know if it is just my head as I am getting closer or whether it is my body.

You must be so pleased ! So near the end of your journey now :D

Hurray !:wavey:

Back