Food.. its soooo last year..12 pesky pounds till goal :D

Thanx Jennie.... that is brilliant.... I am now armed with info and dangerous!!! Will put my dispute to them next week, i'm picking up my final wage cheque on Wednesday, so hopefully will get P45 then too... you've been a wonderful help :D

Just been reading the car threads!! Nightmare. I would def send them a stern email stating these facts (V knowledgeable FFnF!!) ahead of you going in next week. Also, they will sh&t themselves when they see that you have researched the matter and know your rights and whilst you may not want to take them to tribunal, would they want to take that risk? Quite often if you state things in writing people take it more seriously and do not want to take the risk, for what in reality is a small cost to the business. Can't believe they are being so mean to be honest, especially as it's probably going to sit in their car park til the new year!

Mmm, also do you have any free legal helpline? I used to have one with an old employer and my car insurance company offered me one once, but I also know that sometimes banks offer them to customers - if you do, you could ask with them. Also once I rang the Citizens Advice Bureau when a garage were trying to stiff me and they gave me loads of statutes to quote etc. But equally internet sally, you might find some free legal sources on line.

Plus, if all else fails, I would say.. dont do a stitch of work next week, call in sick on the Friday (as suggested) and kidnap the car (I did that once for a good couple of months, LOL, another story). Let us know how it all goes. Good Luck

Hey Kirsten,

Just read the posts on your predicament with your soon to be ex-employers, bit of advice, play smart with them, don't let them know your ready for battle just yet. Use your acting skills if you have any (we're all women, we got a certain natural talent) act completely compliant until after you get your money on Wednesday, don't show them your upset about the car, they may try to hold off paying you until Friday forcing you to turn up with the car. Be as sweet as pie, tell them you've arranged a lift and dropping the car on friday is fine, say you need the wages to lodge the cheque so it'll be cleared in time for [reason]. Then do as someone else mentioned, just call in sick on Friday, what can you do, there's bugs going around at the moment, your bed ridden, play it up, once you get the money of them you don't owe them any loyalty , there not showing you any, thats sh!t€ saying the cheque can't be ready till Wednesday, it takes two seconds to write a cheque. They sound like right nasty people.

Keep us informed how you get on.

Cheers,

Hi Kirstin,

Adding some extra Grrrrrs and BLEEP BLEEP BLEEPs of my own to your situation. I HATE the way employers seem to get away with abusing their power so easily!:mad:

My Bullying employer is ruining my life, actually that's a bit dramatic even for me, but he certainly blights it and makes it a misery so you have my every sympathy.

Luckily it seems that you have been given some great (and well informed) advice so hopefully you can now give 'em what for!

Hope it all works out the way you want it to.:)

Jeanie x

Just read the posts on your predicament with your soon to be ex-employers, bit of advice, play smart with them, don't let them know your ready for battle just yet. Use your acting skills if you have any (we're all women, we got a certain natural talent) act completely compliant until after you get your money on Wednesday, don't show them your upset about the car, they may try to hold off paying you until Friday forcing you to turn up with the car. Be as sweet as pie, tell them you've arranged a lift and dropping the car on friday is fine, say you need the wages to lodge the cheque so it'll be cleared in time for [reason]. Then do as someone else mentioned, just call in sick on Friday, what can you do, there's bugs going around at the moment, your bed ridden, play it up, once you get the money of them you don't owe them any loyalty , there not showing you any, thats sh!t€ saying the cheque can't be ready till Wednesday, it takes two seconds to write a cheque. They sound like right nasty people.

Keep us informed how you get on.

Cheers,

This is really good advice... armed with the info you have ... this is how I would play it ... great advice!!:D

Thanks Everyone

Thanks everybody for the advice, I am going to leave it till after i get my cheque in my sticky little paws... of course even then I bet they will date the cheque for Friday!! They are so oldfashioned and stingy! Once when they made an error with my expenses.. this was the time they owed me a backlog of £700... she had lost one of my claims... and said she couldn't pay me without the receipts... well it wasn't my damn fault that she lost it.. but she was adamant.. anyway she found it (no apology).. and bought a cheque into me... i went to payit in the bank the next day and the cow had dated it for the end of the week!!!! Even though it was over two weeks overdue!!! Needless to say this is why i started looking for another job... but the rest of the staff have all been there for years.. I think the shortest time for an employee at mo is 4 years... everyone else I think has been there over 10 years... they must all be mad!!!

Lottie: rest assured i won't be doing a whole lot of work.... although I do still have a bootfull of booze to deliver... gonna do two days worth of deliveries.. no overnight stays coz not gonna spend unnecessarily the week before xmas and then have to wait for the money back!

Diet update:

Went out last night and did have two glasses of white wine and soda.. but I had decided to do this beforehand.. so it didn't feel like I cheated and I'm not disappointed in myself or feeling out of control.... I just felt like a drink would be nice. Not sure if i'm going out tonight or not, but if I do will be teetotal again.. last night was a one-off...

Actually went out with a guy last night, been friends on myspace for months and we met up the other week fro a drink as we can't get over the fact we drink in the same bar all the time and never bump into each other. Anyway hes a lovely guy.. I would be interested in being more than just friends... but since it seems to be a just friends thing i'm happy with that too.. he is a lovely person and I'd rather have him as a mate than not at all. Also it was thoughtful of him to ask me out anyway, he knows my mates are mainly a waste of space with regards to nights on the town, so he suggested I went out with him. Had a great night, talked non-stop and got a tour of his house at end of the night, a coffee and a hug!! He has asked me out for xmas eve and NY Eve too if i'm not doing anything! Good to get male attention even if only as friends.

Went to my fave bar and felt really good to be served ahead of other people by my fave cutee barman.. also the owner of the bar served me ahead of people too - he said its coz he recognised me from myspace (i have the bar as my friend on there!)

Oh and dress update: I wore it last night.. but I think its now a bit too big to get away with.. where it used to skim over my greatly reduced curves and make my stomach look flat... it now kind of hangs and doesn't skim anything! SO think I will be getting it taken in after xmas!!!

Actually went out with a guy last night, been friends on myspace for months and we met up the other week fro a drink as we can't get over the fact we drink in the same bar all the time and never bump into each other. Anyway hes a lovely guy.. I would be interested in being more than just friends... but since it seems to be a just friends thing i'm happy with that too.. he is a lovely person and I'd rather have him as a mate than not at all. Also it was thoughtful of him to ask me out anyway, he knows my mates are mainly a waste of space with regards to nights on the town, so he suggested I went out with him. Had a great night, talked non-stop and got a tour of his house at end of the night, a coffee and a hug!! He has asked me out for xmas eve and NY Eve too if i'm not doing anything! Good to get male attention even if only as friends.

Punkass, I wouldn't sign this guy off as just a friend, just yet, sounds like he's interested, inviting you round to his house, coffee and a hug, and xmas and new years organised already, unless he's gay there could be something there, he could be one of a kind, I hear they're out there somewhere, guys who don't expect sex at the first meeting.

;)

Thanks Caz... he has a date though tonight :( He did tell me about it last week... i did kind of get a few mixed messages though, half of me thinks that if I had never put on so much weight I would have the same level of confidence that I used to have and may have assumed he liked me for more than friends.... even though i've lost loads now and feel good about myself.. i still have a fat way of thinking.... four years ago I wasn't like this, if a guy asked me out for a drink it prob wouldn't have even occurred to me that he just wanted to go out as friends lol!!

I am secretly hoping that his date tonight is a complete disaster... as someone who considers herself his mate this makes me very very evil... as he is recovering from a failed relationship a couple of months back so I should really be happy for him.... but evil wicked me wants it to be a crap night...... I'm horrible!!!!!

Your not a terrible friend, I'd be the exact same, we'll have to wait and see, best be his friend whilst he gets over his past relationship, you can sneak in from the back when he's finished testing the waters..

I'm watching X factor, I think Leona should win, as she can really sink, but betcha Ray will win cuz all the teenie girls will vote cuz he's cute. He is cutish for a young fella, but sorry he can't really hold a song, Sharon O is right he'll be great on the stage, but I wouldn't bother buying his songs.

we'll see.

thats SING not sink LOL

sneak in from the back .
So to speak lol ;)

I don't watch X Factor....only reality tv I succumb to is Strictly Come Dancing... which I love.... I want Mark to win I think... something about cricketers and dancing!

I'm bored!!! Mate is out on the town with a load of her old friends that moved out of the area, she asked me to join them.... i've got ready... but now changed my mind!!! So all dressed up with no place to go :( May watch Bridget Jones and dream of there being a colin firth out there for me :rolleyes:

Hi Kirsten,

Why did you change your mind, I don't know why I'm saying that as I haven't managed to be brave enough to go on a night out since starting this except for the cinema, but probably cuz I'm an alco, and can't see the point of going to the pub if I'm not going to be drinking, plus I find drunk people a pain in the ass, when I'm sober, its my problem but I swear to god, sober around drunk does not mix in my world.

I'm not a big fan of X factor, I love the auditions but they're so contrived at this stage, I know this, yet i still get sucked in. I loved Strictly Come dancing last year, I wanted the chef James Martin to win, he did something for me, I loved watching him, missed the first few shows this year so never got into it. Sadly I'm a sucker for reality shows, big brother....celebrity anything, mostly cuz its like watching a car crash, you know you shouldn't but you can't help looking. I love when they have nervous breakdowns etc....theres no hope for me,

I kind of changed my mind because I only know my mate and I figured they would all be chatting about people I don't know, plus they were all staying in one pub.. i like to go round a few.. unless its my fave bar, Vox, in which case I can stay there all night!

I used to think I couldn't do the going out and not drinking thing, but it has been surprisingly good... have been out most weekends during this diet, and stuck to sparkling mineral water.. it does normally start to get to me about 11pm..and then I go home.. but I reckon my alcohol fuelled nights out have come to an end for good.. I will drink in moderation when the diet ends... have seen all my mates go from stupid drunk, emotional in tears drunk and falling over drunk.. i used to do this (well apart from the emotional one).. Its not attractive when viewed from a sober POV!!!

Another reason for changing my mind was my clothes are too big!!!!!! I put a skirt on which fitted me on the hips but was way too big on the waist, was a 14.. most of my 14's are getting to be too big all over.. but 12's don't fit yet. Anyway i was happy with the skirt, but the top i put on was so big and baggy it was ridiculous!!!!!

Ooooh strictly results :)

PS I wanted Darren Gough to win last year.. and he did so that was cool.. he was well sexy!!!!

I should have watched Strictly this year also, they're dragging the ass out of the XFactor final this year, its taking hours, and they have everybody and their bleedin mother on singing, dancing talking etc, its doing my head in, just switched over to strictly theirs a girl in a leopard catsuit dancing, they look brilliant, is that who u want to win?

Man 9.40pm and i'm exhausted, I'm gonna have to try do something about this up at 6am at the weekends, since doing CDSS when I wake I wake, there's no going back to sleep, like before i would wake, but could always get back to sleep for hours. One downside to being healthy.

The girl in the catsuit was a guest dancer team... I want Mark Rampracash (not a clue how to spell his name!!!!) to win.. glad Emma Bunton just got knocked out.. was gutted last week when she got though and Louisa got knocked out!

I wake up early too.. but then I always have.. I managed to go back to sleep today though till about 9.30 am.. but i didn't get in till 2.30am so that would be why!!!! V nice to wake up hangover free though!!!!!

Off to read in bed now.... was hoping Jon (from last night) would be home and on MSN by now due to having a terrible evening.. but alas he isn't lol!!!!

hope you don't mind I've added u to my MSN contact list, we seem to be replying thru the posts at the mo, thought it might be nice to chat real time, sure if your ever online at same time as me, give me a shout,

cheers Caroline

Day 62

yay!! Have made it to the 12's!!!!!

Weighed myself this morning (official weigh in is tomorrow like!), and i'm 12 st 13lbs!! Prob won't change before tomorrow, but not gonna update ticker until then!

This means that hopefully by NY day I will be under 12 1/2 stone!!! This will be my next mini challenge to be 12 stone 5lbs by NY Day (12 St 3lbs would be even better.. but v unlikely... but if I could be 12st 3lbs that would mean i had lost 4 stone and only had a stone to go to get to original target!!!!)

half of me thinks that if I had never put on so much weight I would have the same level of confidence that I used to have and may have assumed he liked me for more than friends.... even though i've lost loads now and feel good about myself.. i still have a fat way of thinking.... four years ago I wasn't like this, if a guy asked me out for a drink it prob wouldn't have even occurred to me that he just wanted to go out as friends lol!!

Well thats something I didn't know about you Kirstin, I didn't think that the weight had affected your confidence. Well believe it, you look fantastic - look at your piccie on myspace, you are up there with those other girls (the ones I spied on, lol) and they have taken pedestal status in some people's POV. And just catching up on your thread after a bumper session on here on Friday, I was absent yesterday.

Back