(Food mentioned)1st entry and not sure where to post??

strats

I will start by apologizing incase I am putting this in the wrong place as never been on site before and need help.
Joined LL on 25th Feb 09, 5ft4" & 91.5kg. Completed foundation then 4wks developement 100% abstinent and got down to 67.2kg. Started management and lost 7lbs in first 2 weeks through sticking to the book 100%. Week 3 onwards started going off plan. I had 3 holidays back to back with one week at home in between each of them and thats when things went wrong.
Lowest weight on LL was 62kg and I am now back up to 75kg which I am so angry with myself about. I am back to feeling miserable, shutting myself away, clothes no longer fit and I gave most of my larger clothes away!!
I have been trying for the past 4-5wks to go back onto full packs but just can't get my head back there. Been having LL porridge for breckie then go haywire. Asked LLC if LLL would be a possibility for me and she said no, why I don't know.
I know it is all down to me but any advice/help would be greatly appreciated. There are some amazing stories on this site so I would like to congratulate you all on your amazing losses. xx

Hi Strats and welcome to the forum. You've posted in the right place, no worries!

I personally have this thing that nothing is going to be good over the next couple of weeks no matter my intentions so I'm not going to beat myself up about it. That also doesn't mean I'm going to go overboard either!!!! There are some fantastically, dedicated people who have gone through the Christmas period and I can't tell you the admiration I have for them, but their heads are so in the right place it's just another blip in the calender. I think even they would admit to this time of year to perhaps not be the best time to start if there is any doubt in your mind though.

I joined last January and lost 3,5 stone and like you have had a few holidays which has crept it up a bit again and I have managed to stabilise most of it. Come January I will hit again because that's the time for fresh starts and no temptations for me and I will succeed.

If you think you can carry on and perhaps do this thing with the holidays then do so or say right, I AM going to do this 100% from January 1st (it's 11 days away!!!) and I am NOT going to let myself down because there are no excuses then, then do that and set your mind properly.

What ever you do, we're all here and I can guarantee that in January, there will be a couple of other dozen in here with you bolstering your reserve all the way!

Good advice from Foxtrot, pretty much echoes what I would have said which is set a date, like Jan 1st or even Jan 5th or whatever, and set in your mind that you will restart abstinence from that date. If I were you I'd choose the date based on it being the day of your LL meeting to motivate you through to being able to go to the meeting and tell them you have successfully restarted abstinence.

Also a trick that could help is to change what packs you have. If you always start with porridge and then lapse why not try just doing shakes and soups for the first week?

Hi Strats - There are a lot of people on this forum who have never wobbled and their staying power is incredible. I wish I could have been that strong!! But some of us have had blips and tripped up. I have lost 6 1/2 stone, and am still on it. I have decided that xmas with my family is more important than my weight, and to me that involves food. My intention is to have 1 meal xmas day with my family and 1 meal boxing day with the inlaws. This doesnt mean I have failed, it just means that I have decided to make an adult choice.

With regard to getting back on track, writing a blog on this forum helped me. I didnt care if anyone read it, it was just a way for me to get away from whatever was stressing me out or tempting me for 2 minutes to put some space between the temptation and me. That was usually all it took for me to think about it and stop myself.

Dont buy things in the house if you know you like them(for example, my little one is not allowed chocolate in her pack lunch box because its too tempting for me) i have stopped cooking my favourite dinners for the family and where possible hubby cooks.

if its about too much spare time, try and get into a DS game or WII game thats a role play game, they are addictive and will take your mind off it.

Write a letter to yourself about how you are feeling now, and then you want to eat, read it!!

And if its just that you WANT the food.....i hate to say it....but maybe this diet isnt right for you. It is tough and hard sometimes, but it shouldnt make you miserable.

GOOD LUCK xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you all for your positive responses. Have decided I am not going to go overboard between now and January and start afresh at class when I get back from hols on 13th Jan. Would liked to have started earlier but going to Frimley Green from 1st Jan and staying in travel lodges and don't get home till the 13th. Will maybe take a few packs with me and just have one meal a day, will see how it goes. Thanks again for your replies. xx

Back