Food Packs - Men vs Womens

bigtosmall

When I got weighed at the chemist yesterday I asked the lady about swapping my 2 packs for 4 ladies ones. I looked on the bag and the mens contain exactly double what is in a ladies.

She said I couldnt do it because by having 4 shakes a day instead of 2 I would go out of ketosis???? :confused::confused:

I dont get the logic in that at all. She told me to contact LT if I didnt believe her!

I will phone them tomorrow and see what they say but it doesnt sound right to me?

I struggle sometimes by not having anything from breakfast to evening time. Its a looooong day!

I'll keep you posted.

Hi there bigtosmall,
Why not open a packet of man's and spoon the mix into a bowl. Count how many spoonfuls so you can work out half. Then each day, open a sachet, spoon out the right amount for half, and put the rest in a small, sealed tub and use for the next 'meal'.
That way you can have four a day, get extra water intake as you will be making the two shakes with the same water as for four, and get the woman off your back about 'rules'.
Best of luck and do what you need to do to make this work.
x x x

I think she must be mistaken because there's nothing in them to take you out of ketosis. There may be another reason but I can't think what it might be. Splitting them yourself is a bit annoying but it sounds like your best option.

I think she's talking rubbish... I know a guy on it and he gets 4 ladies shakes a day with no problems!!

x

Spoke to the woman at Lipotrim yesterday and she confirmed that as man, I can only have 2 shakes per day. She said I could swap 1 of the shakes for 2 flapjacks if I wanted and eat 3 times a day rather than 2.

She said its down to the vitamins and minerals ect in the powder. Apparently the mens has a lot more than the womens and even 4 womens shakes does not give the correct amounts.

So I guess the chemist was right all along. She also said you have to have them in one go, no more than 8 hours apart.

I'll stick with it for a while, but its really hard eating morning and night, I really miss having something at lunchtime even if it is only a soup or shake.

Oh well, soldier on.........................

Spoke to the woman at Lipotrim yesterday and she confirmed that as man, I can only have 2 shakes per day. She said I could swap 1 of the shakes for 2 flapjacks if I wanted and eat 3 times a day rather than 2.

She said its down to the vitamins and minerals ect in the powder. Apparently the mens has a lot more than the womens and even 4 womens shakes does not give the correct amounts.

So I guess the chemist was right all along. She also said you have to have them in one go, no more than 8 hours apart.

I'll stick with it for a while, but its really hard eating morning and night, I really miss having something at lunchtime even if it is only a soup or shake.

Oh well, soldier on.........................

I guess the next time we have men on here who have been given four female packs because the chemist has no male ones they better contact Lipotrim and complain if that is the case.

If you are finding it difficult you could always consider one of the other vlcd's which are more flexible but give the same results.

Lighter Life and Cambridge Weight Plan both offer counselling, weigh in and support and work out just a little more expensive than Lipotrim.

You can have four replacement meals a day on them and you won't come out of ketosis.

Thanks for the info Mini. I have done LL in the past but the counselling did my head in! All that CBT, I'd rather go, get weighed and go home.

I have heard of chemist giving men 4 sachets as they dont stock the mens sachets, thats why asked if I could do that.

How is the CD? Have you tried that?

Thanks

My fella gets the 4 female shakes from our Pharmacist. She said it's exactly the same as him having the 2 male shakes.
She also gave him option of having 3 female shakes & small portion of protein (chicken, egg etc) if he prefered/wanted to.
It's working for him - he's lost 16lbs in 12days!

Back