food reguarding other post

jacqui35

Silver Member
Hi, thanks for advice on other post but im going to list the foods i like as i dont like much of what ppl were saying on other post, and with only liking these foods is it possible why i aint losing weight.

Also i do weight stuff for hex a's and b's and syns i weigh what i can have also i have them funny spoons to weigh for tbsp level etc and my mayo is 2 syns for 1 level tbsp as its hellmans light

FRUIT
Bananas honeydew melon pears

VEG
Broccoli sprouts carrots cauli green beans onions lettuce tom mushrooms swede

Green
Pasta rice potato baked beans peas noodles

Red
Chicken beef bacon turkey pork

Problem im having is i cant get fresh fruit all time as when i get money it goes straight away with having 3 kids so most of my veg is frozen does that make any difference??

Thanks all again i think ill stick to red/green in future as wasnt aware of the 1/3 superfree as someone told me didnt matter and thats why i thought i did it 110% but obviously someone was lying grrrr

Hey Huni....frozen veg is fine....I use it as fresh would just go off in our house as only me and Lo eat it.
Have you thought about budgeting your food bills more?
I have a budget of £100 a week for 3 of us. If I spend less, then I have less then that goes to a savings pot. When its gone, there is no more left.
I shop in Asda, Tesco and Lidls and can get my bill down to around £60 a week - including diet coke that I drink by the gallon!
Have you tried Money Saving Expert website...they have a section on there about shopping budgets and a price comparrison website, so that you know who has the deals on before you leave the house.
Bulk buy things like your pasta, potatoes and rice for those green days and with chicken, I tend to get drumsticks as they are cheaper and get beef and other meats when they are reduced and freeze them.

It can be done, but you have to do the homework first.

xxx

Hey Huni....frozen veg is fine....I use it as fresh would just go off in our house as only me and Lo eat it.
Have you thought about budgeting your food bills more?
I have a budget of £100 a week for 3 of us. If I spend less, then I have less then that goes to a savings pot. When its gone, there is no more left.
I shop in Asda, Tesco and Lidls and can get my bill down to around £60 a week - including diet coke that I drink by the gallon!
Have you tried Money Saving Expert website...they have a section on there about shopping budgets and a price comparrison website, so that you know who has the deals on before you leave the house.
Bulk buy things like your pasta, potatoes and rice for those green days and with chicken, I tend to get drumsticks as they are cheaper and get beef and other meats when they are reduced and freeze them.

It can be done, but you have to do the homework first.

xxx

Hi thanks for reply

My problem is i normally by my stuff once a month from monthly child tax and then weekly i only have 40 for food

i have 6 year old with aspergecs so when he wants something to eat and havent got it in its go shop and buy it cos his appetite is so poor i buy stuff for him but with his awkwardness and wants summat different grrr 10 year old will eat what i eat so not to bad but 15 year old omg ive gotta go iceland and buy him his food so you can see why i cant really buy bulk food etc but going to try and save a fiver for fruit for week and pot and another fiver for bread and milk for kids but will defo look on that site and plan some stuff tonight or weekend and thanks alot again xx

Your'e welcome Huni, it sounds as if you really have got your hands full there!
With the 15 year old, I would suggest a bit of tough love...if he knows how tight money is and wants specific things, put your foot down and say that (if) as he doesnt contribute anything to the bills, he will have to make do with what you can get. He will soon change his eating habits after a bit of stamping feet. It works, believe me!
I have worked with children with Aspergers, so I know what you mean with your little one though.

Good luck, you can do it, even with a lot more planning, it can be done.

xxxxx

awww ty

I think Mrs V has given you very sound advice, both on shopping, and your 15 year old.
I have 4 sons, all grown up now, and when they were growing up, we would not pamper them, whether at that point we could afford it or not.
They either ate what we were all having, or went hungry. Needless to say they ate!
I am also very pleased to say that now they eat everything and are not fussy eaters. The only thing none of them like are aubergines, which both my hubby and I love!
It can be tough being hard at times but it works, and you need to think of yourself too Jacqui, so good luck!

Hi Jacqui, my son is autistic and has a lot of trouble with food too. A lot of time he won't eat what I've cooked and i have to cook soething else so i spend a lot of money on food for him.

Do you get Disability Living Allowance for him? It helps a lot with all the extra costs of bringing up a disabled child.

Hi Jacqui, my son is autistic and has a lot of trouble with food too. A lot of time he won't eat what I've cooked and i have to cook soething else so i spend a lot of money on food for him.

Do you get Disability Living Allowance for him? It helps a lot with all the extra costs of bringing up a disabled child.

Hi and yes i got it before he was dianosed ~(however ya spell it lol) with aspergecs cos of his constant care and learning difficulties but they kept saying he hasnt got autism but i thought it, and yes i no what you mean but he only eat coco rocks in morning or odd toast, sausage chicken burgers and thats its atm he varies month to month it could be he wants chicken breast or pork next month lol but he dont eat much just u dont no whats it gonna be what he wants, thanks again

Back