Food replacment diets & piling it on afterwards?

minniex

skinny minnie
Hey,
I was looking in to some other diets and with experience and knowledge of friends and family using the food replacment diets they been on the for months and come off and as soon as they start up there eating again have put it back on because your body stores the food as there wasn't enough energy source on the diet so it goes in to starvation mode.

I was talking to a doctor about it also and he doesn't reccomend them as they lose the weight for a short time then you put the weight back on. / its not a permanent thing.

So whats everyones views and experience on these certain diets? has anyone found different?

mmmmm posts like this make me feel a 'bit' angry.... but hay oh so you know people who have gained weight back on but i can say this is not the case for 'others' i am one of these people who did the CD back in 2009 lost 4 stones in total from a size 18 to a stunning size 10... whoop whoop lol but yes i have gained 15 lbs back on.... it happens just like many other diets you do/can gain weight know matter what diet/eating plan you follow..

But what i will say to anyone reading dont knock any VLCD until you have tried it...!!!

Oh no im not knocking them, i haven't tried them that's why i asked for opinions.
but all i've heard is negatives as its easier to maintain a healthy diet with healthy foods then going off of shakes and bars.

Yeah well exactly :)
i do the extra easy! loving it, lost 8 and half pounds in 2 weeks and 4 days! its brill. was on it laast year but didnt stck to it.
gained 6 lb! wow, not for you then haha? x

I did a VLCD and lost a total of three stone in 12 weeks. I then healthily ate for about half a year and lost a total of 5 stones. life and stresses got in the way and I am now back to the point where I have to loose those 5 stones again.

I dont think a VLCD is different to any other diet in so far as gaining the weight back.

I think I agree with shanny that vlcd will have negative thoughts. As the diet isn't for everyone but I've had success with the diet. And yes I have gained 'some' back on but not all of my 4.5 stones :) :) I'm still a size 12 but a tight one ;) I'm now doing slim &save and taking action before I do gain more and more!!!

With any eating plan you can gain weight back it's all about making changes to the foods you eat??? Right??
Im suprised Minnie that your doctor does not recommend vlcd's :) did they say why??
i love them and always will :) good luck with BTW :)

Personally, based on my experiences, I don't think that food replacement diets do anything to retrain the way you eat or your attitudes towards food and so when you're finished, it is harder to maintain that weight loss. You usually see a small ish gain when you come off it anyway. But, opinions aside, you have a BMI of 26 and so you shouldn't be doing a total food replacement diet anyway, it's not healthy for you. For any of them, you'd have to add in a meal.

Even the stars struggle when coming off a VLCD. I see a magazine in asda this morning claiming Pauline Quirk has gained a stone since stopping lighter life.

I think with every diet its all about how you manage things once the diets "over", my mate lost 10 stone on a vlcd and hasn't gained anything more than a few pounds back because she's kept up a healthy lifestyle since.... But another mate lost 4 stone on another vlcd and has gained 5 stone just because she went back to her old ways :s

I don't think one diets right for everyone - I've tried the vlcd but it doesn't last past the 1st week as I love food! Lol but that's where low carbing works for me :D x

Back