Food, syns and really big knickers!

xMandyDx

Determination is Key
Okay so I've decided to start a food diary. I don't promise to write in here every day, but when I do write, I promise to write every morsel... good or bad!

Here's a bit about me. I'm 28 years old, and I've never been thin, nor even close to thin. At 16 I weighed 12 stone, and ballooned up to a size 20 after I had my first child. I've tried all sorts to get my weight down in the past, but I don't think my head was in the game, and the lowest I've managed to get down to is a size 16 (before joining SW I hadn't weighed myself in years, so I went purely by dress size!).

Since meeting my partner, I went from a size 16 all the way up to a 22-24. He's an eater. I'm an eater. Together we're a total food destruction team.

My pivotal point was an ordinary day. I went out for lunch and shopping with my friend, and realised when I walked into what I would term a "skinny shop", and absolutely stuck to her like a shadow, lest anyone think to themselves, "what in the hell is SHE doing in here?!", and walked around for the day pretty much hunched over, tugging at my clothes the whole time, that it was time to do something. That I actually, finally, and honestly WANTED to do something about my weight. Always before I knew I HAD to do something about it, but I was happy enough munching away on crisps and chocolate, and being fat and loved. But now... now I wanted to do something, I wanted to lose weight. I wanted to be slim.

So I joined SW the very next meeting, and haven't looked back since. Of course I have my good days and bad days. The bad days are usually after WI, lol, and the good days are sprinkled around that.
So far I've lost 35lb, and have 90lb left until I reach my 9stone target. Exactly half of my starting weight of 18stone.

So.. this is me...and this is my food diary. I hope to be out of the really big knickers soon :p

Today's food diary:

Breakfast -- Hi-fi bar (mmm the lemon one!) and a banana.
Lunch -- missed (oops) since today was grocery shopping day.
Dinner -- I'm about to have some Asian stir fry, sprinkled with chicken stock cube, chicken fillet (cut into strips) with some SW chips coated in frylite, herbs and garlic powder.

Syns so far today... undecided. If I feel like having some toast or something later, I'll syn that Hi-fi bar, if not, I'll use the Hi-fi bar as my HEXB. I do plan on having an orange Kitkat (snacksize) or a pack of Treble Crunch crisps.

**EDIT** I used the hi-fi bar as my HEXB, and had a 2-finger orange Kitkat and a pack of Treble Crunch in the evening as a treat.

Total syns = 11

Last edited:
Hey. Well done on your loss so far - you sound really focused.... look forward to reading your journey x

Thanks girls!

Roziee, you stalking me?
:hide::busted::bolt:

:8855:

I have to say, that stir-fry with SW chips was the bombdiggity! I'm stuffed.com/need-a-nap-now
:D

Ooooh a cyberstalker... very intriguing hahaha

I had an apple after my dinner... there was just the teeniest little gap left lol

I think I'm perhaps the only person on SW who doesn't plan meals. I only know what I'm going to have a couple of hours in advance. Right now, I'm thinking maybe a bit of a fry-up (SW Stylee!) for breakfast to cheer myself up.

My back is still "in spasm" so not better at all, and I have a delightful creak in my neck to go with it lol... no body magic for me today.

I never used to plan pre sw but that just ended up with us ordering a take out so don't like to not plan now!

Have you been given anything for your back?

Anti-inflammatories and was told to put a hot water bottle on my back to ease the pain a bit. Which is how I ended up with a creak in my neck lol.
At 2.30am this morning I had to get himself out of bed to fill my hot water bottle so I could put it on the small of my back (the pain had extended down into my bum by then!) and so I had to lie on my front, which of course was the position I fell back asleep in, and didn't wake again for 4 hours lol

Think I'm going to have another soak in the bath, and maybe turn on the jets for a bit of relief after lunch.

How are you today, Roziee?

Today's food diary:

Breakfast -- 1 Alpen Light bar (HEXB, choc and orange, mmm) and a banana, with a cup of tea, using whole milk (taken from HEXA)

Lunch -- Bacon, beans, eggs, mushrooms, and 2 sausages.

Snack -- apple, peeled and chopped

Dinner -- Diced chicken breast with red and yellow peppers, onion, mushroom and chicken supreme sauce, with SW chips sprinkled with herbs and cayenne pepper.... yummy and spicy!

Snack -- Alpen light bar (HEXB), and can of coke zero.

Syns for today -- Sausages - 7
Fried eggs - 1 syn
Chicken supreme sauce - 5 syns

Total syns = 13

Last edited:
xMandyDx said:
Anti-inflammatories and was told to put a hot water bottle on my back to ease the pain a bit. Which is how I ended up with a creak in my neck lol.
At 2.30am this morning I had to get himself out of bed to fill my hot water bottle so I could put it on the small of my back (the pain had extended down into my bum by then!) and so I had to lie on my front, which of course was the position I fell back asleep in, and didn't wake again for 4 hours lol

Think I'm going to have another soak in the bath, and maybe turn on the jets for a bit of relief after lunch.

How are you today, Roziee?

Yeah,. Try not to be too immobile as that'll stiffen it up too..

Gentle massage from the jets in the bath will help too hopefully. I need to go get my lower back sorted once I've sorted my lady area out..

Feel better darling xx

I'm fine thank you :) showered and just chilling now.

Gonna try drinking 2 cups of flavoured green tea next week to see if that boosts my weight loss... Hate green tea on it's own but have been told the flavoured ones are nice so let's hope I like them!

The berry teas are nice...but green tea is just....*vomit*.... I tried it once, and even sweetened it, but it was like drinking toxic waste.

Back isn't too bad now. I had a bath, and took a walk to a friend's house. It loosened up a bit after the bath, so hopefully I'm on the mend!

Yeah I've tried green tea on it's own and it's yuck.. This one I had was ok- didn't taste of anything really.. Gonna see if it helps with the weight loss.

Glad the back is slightly better. Keep the hot water bottle on it x

I will x x

Good luck with the green tea.. let me know if it helps...and if it does help, and really doesn't taste so foul, give me the brand lol

Hubby has bought the twinings green tea with mint and green tea with blueberry and raspberry.

I had the one with the berries- it didn't really taste of anything but will drink a couple of cups a day and see if it helps until a week on Monday and let you know x

A spoonful of sweetener, or even a slice of lemon might give it the taste it's lacking :)

Today's food diary:

Breakfast -- Alpen light bar (HEXB) with a banana and a cuppa (with milk taken from HEXA)

Lunch -- Omlette made with 3 eggs, and 1 slice of bacon chopped up. Cous cous salad with red and green peppers, onion, carrot and scallion and a veg stock cube. And one apple peeled and chopped and smothered in a Muller light mandarin yogurt.

Dinner -- plans for chicken curry with boiled rice and SW chips.

Syns so far... 1tbsp light mayo - 3 syns

Bit worried about this week as I've done my back in, :character00264: so absolutely no body magic for me, apart from walking the couple of miles down town to pay bills and do the food shop on Thursday, and very light housework.
Hoping that just by being really good food-wise I can still get a good loss. :innocent0001::fingerscrossed:

Back