Foods that are low in calories

awesome thread - thanks guys, some really great ideas..!! I'll update with any ideas I pick up along the way :) xx

I don't know if it's been mentioned before but ricotta cheese is reasonably low calorie compared to other cheeses. It is 130cals for 130g. That is quite a lot of cheese. I've just had ricotta on two large flat mushrooms and it was lovely.

I'm new to calorie counting and this thread has been really helpful = Thanks! x

Morrisons do those icecream cones filled with marshmallow and topped with sprinkles- 59p for 6 and only 33cals each!! pretty pointless but perfect if you fancy something sweet but dont have the cals for anything better! lol.

I love this thread! I have just read though it with my online shopping order open in the next tab! :) I will definitely try the green smoothie too, I love using spinach for lots of things (instead of other lettuce, added to stir fries, pasta sauces etc) but I have never added it to smooties before!

To add one to the list:

Frozen grapes!

Clean them and take them off the vine, make sure they are dry then you can freeze them in a bowl and they won't stick (which they wil if they are wet). When I fancy something sweet I grab a few from the freezer, they are like cross between boiled sweets and ice lollies.

Will deffo try out the smoothie as i could do with increasing my fruit and veg. Would never of thought of freezing grapes either, great tip x

Not sure if this is mentioned but ryvitia's the plain ones are 34cals and are ok to fill you up if your feeling peckish. Also eggs are less then 100 depending on brand and they are good and light for lunchies or a snack or accompliment with dinner.

Aero bubbly dessert (white choc) is only 96 cals. 50p for 4 pots in Asda just now too, bargain! x

Last edited:
This thread is great. Thanks for all the tips.

So annoying though in Ireland, you can't get a lot of the lovely low kcal things you guys mentioned. We have an awful selection of low fat, low calorie things! No wonder we are making good progress on getting to the top of the list of obese countries!

I know the feeling Jen. I'm from the south east of Ireland. We are the last to get everything. And probably have some of the cheapest greasy take away prices in the country. Not a good equation.

Wow is that all they are?! How do you know the calories of these?? I've always wondered!! Next stop is Morrisons for me!! :D lol

Tesco "everyday value" strawberry trifle. 155 cals a pot. Lovely, may not be classed as "low calorie" but I said I'd stick it in here as its one for us girlies when the sweet cravings hit :)

Anois

And just because its sunny :D

100 Calories and Under:

MINI MILK, CHOCOLATE, WALL’S
1 LOLLY/25g
30kcal
MINI MILK, STRAWBERRY, WALL’S
1 LOLLY/24g
31kcal
MINI MILK, VANILLA, WALL’S
1 LOLLY/24g
31kcal