Foods that are low in calories

Cous cous is low in cals and fat. I love adding in spices and different veg (and use a stock cube to give more flavour).

Also egg white omelettes packed with tomatoes and spring onions are my fave!

Weight watchers mini ice cream swirl pots are devine! They are only 77 cals each and take ages to eat. You get 4 in a pack, 2 chocolate with brownie pieces and choc sauce, and 2 toffee with toffee sauce and fudge pieces.

Lovely!!

I will be doing my online shop tomorrow, will definitely be purchasing some of these beauties! :D

There's this bread called ROY Bread Lite.

It's a type of Lebanese bread, it only has 80 calories in each wrap! Compared to standard Lebanese bread wrap which has 280 calories.

Huge difference, I can have 2 of them wrapped over eachother and still end up 120 calories under.

Highly recommended.

There's this bread called ROY Bread Lite.

It's a type of Lebanese bread, it only has 80 calories in each wrap! Compared to standard Lebanese bread wrap which has 280 calories.

Huge difference, I can have 2 of them wrapped over eachother and still end up 120 calories under.

Highly recommended.

Where do you get this from?

Weightwatchers Pitta - the wholemeal are only 106 yum yum.
Frijolemole - quarter of a pot 105 cals. It's a dip from tesco with sour cream, mayo, canillini, chickpeas and coriander and cumin and chilli. So nice (awful grammar there).

Cadburys light hocolate mousse - it's something like 60 calories for a yummy chocolate mousse
Weightwatchers yoghurts- a varity of them, they're all fairly yummy i find for 50 or 60 calories.

These have probably already been mentioned but the Alpen light bars are really yummy and under 70 cals a bar, they do a chocolate flavour and a summer fruits, I have the summer fruits for breakfast if I am in a rush, they are great for lunchboxes or picnics too;)

I love eating alpen lights, they make you feel like your having a treat, when there only 70 cals. Also if im in a rush on a morning i have 2 of them on the go where as before i would have probs stocked up on biscuits with my tea or a glass of milk. so 140 cals for 2 isnt that bad. x

I love alpen lights too - they were my SW staple and will definitely be part of my CC future!

I'm also loving the <100 cal walkers crisp range. I've missed crisps!

Off to check out the choc mousses next time I'm food shopping :)

Blue Dragon chicken & sweetcorn soup is 135 calories for a 410 gram tin.

M&S fine egg noodles (chilled) are 165 for half of a 275 gram packet. They are really filling and I find 1/2 pack is plenty.

coffeelover said:
Blue Dragon chicken & sweetcorn soup is 135 calories for a 410 gram tin.

M&S fine egg noodles (chilled) are 165 for half of a 275 gram packet. They are really filling and I find 1/2 pack is plenty.

Oh the soup sounds nice where in the supermarket is it, world foods?

Quorn! I love it, burgers 80cals, 'beef' sandwich slices 27cals for two slices, 'chicken' fillets in tomato and olive sauce only 141cals, peppered 'steak' only just over 100, and so on! And it's filling, more so than anything else you could have for the same calories other than soup but I find the fullness lasts longer than soup. Also Nimble bread, only 48cals a slice which is about half of normal bread. It is light though and some people find it's not filling enough for them, however with the right sandwich ingredients I haven't noticed this, just make sure some protein goes in it!

surfinbernard said:
Quorn! I love it, burgers 80cals, 'beef' sandwich slices 27cals for two slices, 'chicken' fillets in tomato and olive sauce only 141cals, peppered 'steak' only just over 100, and so on! And it's filling, more so than anything else you could have for the same calories other than soup but I find the fullness lasts longer than soup. Also Nimble bread, only 48cals a slice which is about half of normal bread. It is light though and some people find it's not filling enough for them, however with the right sandwich ingredients I haven't noticed this, just make sure some protein goes in it!

Agree with quorn, just bought a bag of 10 frozen sausages for £1 from Iceland bargain at 62 cals. We shall see on taste because I love the Linda McCartney ones but they are 101 cal.

I had a look at nimble bread, it's tiny! For 3 more cals the ww one looked a lot larger, has anyone tried it?

If you want a cake hit, Mr Kipling French Fancies are 106 a go. Admittedly gone in 3 bites, but I didn't think that was too bad. Problem is not eating the whole box...

- Crackerbread = 19 cals per slice. It goes perfectly with soups. Don't bother breaking them up and adding them like croutons as they just go lumpy lol.
- Low calorie condensed mushroom soup, half a tin/one serving = 75 cals. And it's actually really yummy! I always add more pepper and chilli flakes.
- DIY low calories sandwiches with Weightwatcher's brand bread and cheese all at 50 cals a slice. Quorn ham 2 x slices = 35 cals!
- Also, Weightwatcher's branded food packs. My personal favourite is Ocean pie at 198 cals.

Those are from my personal experiences and were really filling especially for their calorie content. I will be going through this thread for ideas though. And will try to add more ideas. :)

Back