For all those who are vertically challenged...

LuhLuhLoser

4. 8. 15. 16. 23. 42.
...in other words, pretty damn short.

I'm 4'11, which I would guess is on the lower end of the height scales. I was doing some research into my BMI and according to the NHS I should be weighing in at about 7-8 stone.

I was just wondering if any of you are a similar height and if so, what are your goals? Should I really be aiming to get to 7 stone?

It just seems really tiny!

Thanks in advance :)

Emily

Hi, I'm 5ft 1 and really tend to take no notice of the BMI as it bears no relation to what people really look like, whether they have big bones, big boobs, nothing. I'd just aim for what you feel comfortable with and totally ignore the BMI scales.

according to my doc (im 5.2) i need to be between 8-9 stone. Thats another 1.5-2 stone. Im already a size 10.id dissapear!

Go with how you feel! xx

lol i'm only 5.3 but have carried all my weight from the hips down so was totally pear shaped a size 10 on top and 16 on bottom at one point! Then I got a bit of help in the boob department to be more in proportion ;) lol but were all different body shapes and sizes i dont pay attention to BMI just go with what your comfortable with :) xx

I'm exactly the same height as you Emily. 152cm- 5ft 11.8inches! I'm aiming for 8st 6 which would mean exactly 5stone off for me, but am currently a size 10 now at 9st 7, so will be an 8 when I reach that weight. i don't wanna get any smaller than an 8!!!! But it'll be in the healthy range and I'll be happy with that! :)

according to my doc (im 5.2) i need to be between 8-9 stone. Thats another 1.5-2 stone. Im already a size 10.id dissapear!

Go with how you feel! xx

I'm the same height as you & weigh 8st 9lb which makes me a size 8-10 (depends on which shop), so I'd also say go with how you feel. As it doesn't matter how high you are it all depends on how you look & feel yourself. And being a certain weight doesn't mean you'll be a certain size.;)

I'm 5'2" and aiming to get to 8 and a half stone. That'll put me in the middle of my healthy BMI range. Mainly, I'm going off how my clothes feel though - if I feel ok at 9 stone, might stop there.

I'm 5ft 2in and the top end of my healthy BMI is 9st 10lb with my caribbean heritage - I'm all boobs and bum - I very much doubt I will go much lower as I'll just look ridiculous!!

I am 5' 1/2" and the lowest I have been (when I wasn't a teen!) was 8stone, I am currently 8st 10.5lb and am around a size 10 (need to lose a couple of lbs around the hips to be truly comfortable) wanting to get back to 8st 3-4lb, will then be a 8-10 once again depends on the shop!

I see alot of women in my job around my height weighing less than me and think they are thin, but don't see myself like that!!!

hi

i am same height as you and want to be 9st. Don't want to lose my boobs and have had 2 c sections which means that without plastic surgery my scar tissue will stop me having the perfect stomach.....however, this is my reminder that I produced 2 beautiful sons so I can live with that.....when i got married 20 years ago tomorrow I was 6.5 stone as I had Crohns disease and was very ill. Had to pad out my wedding dress to get a cleavage so I really don't want to be too thin.....

Good luck lady and just see how you go....
xx

I'm 5ft 2 and aiming to be 7stone 11. My legs are especially short, and so I just look so goddamn chunky.

Same here, can't remember the last time I bought a pair of trousers I didn't need to take up!

Thanks everyone for your comments, it's helped me gain some perspective on the whole BMI situation. It's a long way off anyway, but I shall see how I feel when I get to target :)

Thanks again!

Emily xxx

My daughter is 5ft3 and 7 stone 10 and a size 8-10. That weight suits her, half a stone off and shes scrawny, half a stone on and shes looking just a tad cuddly, poor girl really has a very small window. I think its because she has long legs (31 inside leg) despite her short stature, any weight goes on her body leaving long spindly legs.

I'm 5'2" and would like to be a size 14, BMI and other stuff be damned. My current aim is 10 stone as I remember being happy at that weight and I do like having boobs and a bum :)

If I change my mind further down the line then that is up to me and not a chart on a wall!

Ok, rant over :D

Whatever you are happy and healthy with will be just fine :)

I'm 5'2" and would like to be a size 14, BMI and other stuff be damned. My current aim is 10 stone as I remember being happy at that weight and I do like having boobs and a bum :)

If I change my mind further down the line then that is up to me and not a chart on a wall!

Ok, rant over :D

Whatever you are happy and healthy with will be just fine :)

I'm with you on the ranting! Stupid chart :p

Same here, can't remember the last time I bought a pair of trousers I didn't need to take up!

xx

I bought some Next jeans last week, which have a 27.5inch leg in petite. Put them on and thought "oh bugger, I must have picked up regular by mistake."
Nope...petite were just too long :cry:

I'm 5ft3 and aiming for 9st which is in the middle of my BMI healthy range- but I could technically go as low as 7.5st but it would kill me to try to get that low... I think you just have to stop when you're comfortable, and not when a chart tells you to! :)

BMI is so important for me now that I have hit my 50s. Higher BMI often equates to heart disease diabetes and high blood pressure. I want to enjoy my retirement not spend every moment at medical appointments. At 5' 1" and weight of 9 stone 5 (higher end of normal BMI ) I am still in size 14 clothes!!

I am 5'3" and I want to get down to a size 12-14.
I'm not sure what this means weight-wise but I think it will be around 10.5stone (last time I got down to a 14 I was 12st 9 so guessing another 2 stone off..)

I have no desire whatsoever to be a size 10 and also no desire to adhere to BMI (my estimated target weight is above healthy range) - It's all about how you feel and what's right for you honey xxx

I'm 5ft1, possibly just under and i plan to get to 8 1/2 stone, i am only 5.5lb from target now and i am already in smaller clothes than i had planned to get into (6/8/10 depending where you shop) I originally though i would end up lowering my target but i dont think i will, i dont wanna end up looking too thin, i just plan to tone up as much as possible. I will never have a completely flat tummy as had 2 c sections.

Back