Forbidden scales

slimgem

I don't normally do this. But. I have weighed myself and haven't lost an ounce and only lost 1lb last week! I dunno whether I'm doin anything wrong but it's really knocking me n getting me down. My sold purpose for doin this diet was to lose more weight than on another diet but I'm not achieving much. I appreciate that the losses will even out at a lower pace but the rate I'm goin I will be losing 4lb per month.
Sorr moaning but it's really annoying and wonder whether anyone else feels like this x

Heya hun, Ive been the same the last couple of weeks I've not lost BUT then I got so fed up that I ate and so I put ON a pound! Don't do what I did, it was so stupid and I'm kicking myself now :( I said in another thread that my pharmacist told me she didnt lose for three weeks in a row when she did it so unfortunately it does happen sometimes, but if we stick to 100% we HAVE to lose weight eventually, and hopefully after that the ball will get rolling again :sigh:

Thanks shikei. It's so bloody frustrating isn't it. I'm on week five n wi on Monday but not eating a thing and then not losing any weight is debilitating. Ill stick with it as I've only 5 weeks to go and hopefully ill lose that 22 stubborn pound in that time.
Thank you xxx

I can honestly understand how you feel, I think I'd be slitting my wrists by now if it was me. I do agree with Shikei85 that you should hang on in there and don't be tempted because you have to lose weight on this diet if you stick to it 100%, it's science!

The other thing I would say is that I'm not a fan of weighing yourself at home.....for the exact reason you've stated in your opening post. I can really dishearten you and it could sabotage all your good work. Our fluid fluctuates from hour to hour and day to day so the best and only way to judge real true fat/weight loss is on a less frequent basis, i.e. each week.

How long is it until your weigh in? Try to hang on in there till then and see how much you lose, you may be very pleasantly surprised, I really hope so. Then you have to start up a new thread to tell us all about it so we can celebrate with you. Keep strong, we're all behind you.....sending you hugs xxx

Oh ms r. What would we do without you on here?? I never ever ever weigh myself cause it does but a damper on it if I don't lose and then if I have it makes me think ah well you've done we'll treat yourself. OH NO. I got in to the bath and accidentally fell onto the scales this morning lol. Will never happen again lol
I suppose it might be because of totm as I still have

Nt come on its weird but I know your periods mess up on this diet. So fingers crossed next week ill be back to losing lots of weight. My wi is on Monday. Only 4 days left xx

Yey for Monday, I'll be thinking about you and logging in to see how you do. I'm sure you'll be brilliant. I'm getting the sparkling water on hand to celebrate with you.

You're so kind to me I do appreciate your comments. I know I can be a bit opinionated at times but I am so for the right reasons I think and I do it to maintain a solid approach to help others who may be weakening but also if I maintain this attitude then I find it harder to not stick to it myself. How on earth can I not be 100% if I'm preaching to others and cheating?? It seems to be working for me so I'll continue but I will be more thoughtful as I don't want to upset anybody. It's hard enough on this diet and its hard enough being overweight but sometimes we do need a bit of discipline, even me!! lol.

Really good luck for the next 4 days, treat yourself to a nice lazy day in the warm watching some really good comedy or a good movie to help take your mind of things. It's going to be freeeezing this weekend so never a better time for a duvet day and lots and lots of hot steaming peppermint tea!!

Ooooooh yes a lazy duvet day sounds lush.

The reason I admire your comments is because you speak the truth and don't beat about the bush, and yes your always right. You've never offended me and from what I've read you shouldn't have offended anyone else so please don't worry. Just keep being you we'd all be lost without your advice and support xxx

Awww you're so kind, thank you and I'll always be there to support. I'm off to my salsa tonight so will have a fab time, get to see my friends and exercise but will hold back so I don't do too much xx

I love you to mrs R. I think you're awesome xx

P.s slim gem, stick at it, if u have a sliw couple of weeks i think you're body might just be catching up and you'll have a huge loss. Keep positive and if u continue 100% you WILL lose.

Slow even! Joys of using an iphone!

Aww I thank you ladies, I'm humbled. I hPpen to think you two are pretty ace too. I just got in from Salsa, loved it,had a great night, did quite a bit of dancing but didn't over do it. Nothing takes your mind off food quite like dancing and you don't have to go out to dance, just put your favourite dancing tunes on and strut your stuff around e house, it's gat fun, it's gentle exercise (if its not salsa that is!!), it lifts your spirits, takes your mind off food and warms you up! Give it a fo ladies xx

Back