Forever in Blue jean?

stivesliz

Gold Member
Ok, seriously, I hadn't worn jeans for about 20 years but after my weight loss last year I bought a pair of size 16's and they fitted - hurray! Please also bear in mind, I have big hips and even when I was a skinny ( ish ) young lass my jeans were always a 12 - 14 anyway.

This was a huge victory for me - in particular going to meet my daughter at uni for the day and her seeing me for the first time EVER in jeans and bleing blown away.

But then Christmas came along and I put on half a stone due to the Roses, cheese, Celebrations, bread, Miniature Heroes, butter, Ferrero Rocher, pringles etc and my jeans no longer fitted. I tried to put them on one night in the bathroom and my OH came upstairs as he thought I was being attacked by a burglar when infact I was thrashing around on the floor trying to zip them up lol.

I am back on track at last and tried my jeans on this morning - and they fitted again - easily, without any risk of dislocation or spraining!

Has anybody else got a favourite article of clothing that they can measure their weight loss against? x

I have lots of smaller clothes (yo yo dieter - hopefully behind me). So I dug out a pair of black trousers that are the next size down and try them on weekly. Iv had them since for about 14 years so they let me know when Im the size I want to be. When they fit I will be digging out the next pair to try and get into.

I have a few little shift summer dresses that I've had for years (but are still lovely & fashionable) & got into them last year when I hit target & felt really good in them (size 10's!). I've since put on weight again following surgery & am on the downward trend again.......am looking forward to wearing them again this summer!

I only have one pair that are slowly getting lose that are small 18's thats always used to be tight. But i have bought 2 more pairs, a designer pair of 12's and a bright turquoise blue pair (that i had in a 16 before) that i will fit in eventually

i have a gorgeous size 16 dress from Bay that I only ever wore once... still miles away but getting closer every week :)

I have a denim skirt that I love, which hasn't fitted me for years. I also have a few dresses that I use to gauge my weight losses - they still fit me now, but when I'm a stone lighter they look even better.

I have a pair of brown trousers, i got last time i was loosing weight as a 'i'll soon fit into these' purchase but never did. They are nothing special, not sure why i kept them but it just always niggled me i never made it and then it all went to hell in a hand basket.. I can now do them up.. Okay so at the moment i wouldn't like to risk sitting down in them but it's still very satisfying - cant wait to wear them properly! Lol!

a pair of bright purple skinny jeans that i bought in the Asda January sales, they are a 16 and I literally had to cram my fat a$$ into them ( I had to have them anyway as they were purple lol) they even used to leave big red whelps in my hips after I'd worn them. They now fit a lot better still a weeeeeeee bit tight but no more red whelps :D

choccybuttons said:
I have lots of smaller clothes (yo yo dieter - hopefully behind me). So I dug out a pair of black trousers that are the next size down and try them on weekly. Iv had them since for about 14 years so they let me know when Im the size I want to be. When they fit I will be digging out the next pair to try and get into.

I'm a yo-yo dieter too so am the same as you. I ended up my biggest ever over Christmas so hardly any clothes fitted me but I was determined not to buy any bigger clothes. Them my mum said to me 'I think you'll always need to keep different sizes as you'll be up and down all the time' I'm now determined to prove her wrong. Hehe. (although the wiggly downward line me sw graph shows kind proves her right at the mo. hahaha).

I have 2 pairs of river island jeans ( size 16, not small i know) but i no that when i can get back into them i am just over half way to where i want to be.
Amy x

I love my jeans and had a target pair I wanted to fit into and feel comfortable in. I threw out any clothes when they became too big as I never ever want to wear them again, however much I liked them.

I always have my next target clothes hanging on the outside of my wardrobe as a constant reminder to stay on plan. At the moment it is a lovely maxi dress for my cruise at the end of the month.

I remember the first time I bought something at a "normal" clothes shop, I welled up completely :)

I throw out anything I have slimmed out of (well, donate to charity shops not throw out) but I have kept a pair of jeans and a top from my biggest days. I used to get a thrill from trying them on and seeing the amount I had lost but then one day I actually looked at them and realised how huge I had been and it upset me so much that I had been so "stupid" and got to be such a size that I cried for hours and can't bear to try them on again. Still won't get rid of them though!

Bras and nice underwear!!! It's hard to get good quality stuff that doesn't break the bank. I remember getting lovely things when I was slim.

I have bags of clothes in the loft from before I had 2 children. Have got 2 lovely pairs of jeans down to keep trying on and keep me motivated!

i can't wait to be a size 16 ..... nearly there went from a 22 to 18 tried on lots of dresses yesterday and was pleasantly surprised.

Back