Four weekly gain...

Hi there ladies ( I assume men wont Want to read this one!)

I went to weigh in this evening & I'd put on 1.5 this week :( absolutely gutted as was hoping for a good 3 pound loss this week as I'd been really strict.

Based on the time of the month it could be a water retention gain (I hope) so was wondering if any other ladies experienced such gains at this time?

Any thoughts would be appreciated as I'm really gutted :(

Luci xx

Most people maintain,put on once a month, I maintained last week ,it's hard for me to tell as I have the coil so don't do monthlies,but my body must still do something. This week I lost 3 so you'll make up for it next week x

I have a gain once a month then lose at least that amount the following week, I assume it's to do with monthlies but the baby house has been demolished so have mo way to tell!!!

Hi there.
Even though you may not have your "baby house" working, your body will still go through the motions of having a period, so if you gained weight during this time, this will still be the case. Even for women who are going through the change as my mum has discovered.

yep, every month :(

Yep, me too and I have the mirena so no period but get bloating & water retention. I know I'm retaining water as my fingers swell!! I used to lose every week when I had more to loose but as I get closer to target im finding that once a month I'll gain/maintain.

I am all over the place these weeks and I know its yo do with period, very frustrating

gingerluci said:
Hi there ladies ( I assume men wont Want to read this one!)

I went to weigh in this evening & I'd put on 1.5 this week :( absolutely gutted as was hoping for a good 3 pound loss this week as I'd been really strict.

Based on the time of the month it could be a water retention gain (I hope) so was wondering if any other ladies experienced such gains at this time?

Any thoughts would be appreciated as I'm really gutted :(

Luci xx

Hi all

I totally believe that mother nature is trying to sabotage my weight loss this week .

I've notice I'm creeping up a little on the scales only a bit . It's such a downer when I'm trying to keep under the 10 stone mark.
keep ur chin up Hun you not alone hopefully it will come off after the event and your be back on track. X

I have the injection and STILL I get the monthly gain. It's mostly water retention but I also find my boobs go HUGE for a few days (sorry if that's TMI, lol) I hate it coz last month I fit into a dress that I hadn't fit into for 2 years but when I put it on for the party I was going to it didn't fit coz my boobs had expanded! :)

Yep, me too and I have the mirena so no period but get bloating & water retention. I know I'm retaining water as my fingers swell!! I used to lose every week when I had more to loose but as I get closer to target im finding that once a month I'll gain/maintain.

Yeah, I don't get periods either. The bonus of it is thought that my doctor is always very impressed with my weight loss especially in the first month after getting the injection as most people report a gain (increased hunger especially for stodgy, junk foods) but I have hopefully curbed that with sw chip butties and the like. :)

Back