Francesca's Diary

Day 25

Ok so ive really struggled today :( When i got to work someone i work with had a giant mint Aero, i wanted to cry i love mint Aeros so much. I then started craving a wispa bar. I managed to resist both!!! My cravings and started to feel better until the chip shop next door opened up and the smell of battered sausages and chips wafted in. I felt so depressed. I managed to get through the day and i didn't have any slip ups but then i had to go food shopping tonight. Walking past all the food i know i cant have just drove me insane. Ive been fine since i started my journey of weight loss but today showed me how easy it would be to say "oh go on i'll have 1 bar of chocolate". I'm very proud that i didn't give in to any temptations but im feeling a little down now. Oh well tomorrow is another day and im sure i'll feel fine by the morning :)

:talk017:

Day 26

Ok so today was another day and its been long and very demanding. Had a massive operation at work that really drained my energy. Was doing the anesthetic for 1 and a half hours!!! The dog is fine now thank god.

Still had some chocolate cravings today but i ignored them. :D

Well its my treat day tomorrow, and it falls on valentines day which is great. I think im going to have a Chinese :) I'm going to the gym tomorrow and Sunday so i will do extra long sessions to burn it off. Its really important that i have a treat day. Ive been 100% and i need 1 reward a month to keep me motivated.

4 weeks till my America trip my new goal is 7lbs by then, any more would be a bonus. :)

Day 27

Yaaay its valentines day :lilkiss:
My wonderful partner surprised me with a card and when i opened it a piece of paper fell out. My present is breakfast with shamu!!!! We are going to America in 3 weeks and while we are there we will be going to sea world, well now when we are there we will be going to a private restaurant by Shamu the whale and having a lovely romantic breakfast. I really cant wait. Its such a thoughtful present. It will go well with his birthday present i got him that is swimming with the beluga whales. It will be a brilliant day.

I went to the gym early this morning and ive eaten my normal food. Tonight will be chinese though and i cant wait. I wont feel guilty and tomorrow i will be back doing my normal days. I feel strong enough that i know 1 takeaway wont send me spiraling out of control.
This month is chinese treat next month is a clothing treat. :)

So just had my chinese i made sure they didn't give me prawn crackers as i still wanted to feel like i was in control even tho i was eating "naughty" food.
Funny thing is i didn't overly enjoy it. It wasn't like it used to be where id want more and more. It was a nice treat but thats all it was a treat and i wont be having another one for a month. :)

whew! I was worried about you having that chinese, but I'm so glad that you are ok!

whew! I was worried about you having that chinese, but I'm so glad that you are ok!

I did think before i ordered oh god i hope this doesn't make me a crazy food lady again hehe. But i feel fine. It wasn't anything special and now im back to the plan today. Will be off to the gym later for a good work out :D

Sometimes lapses can be a positive thing, if you get back on track afterwards ok, then it's confidence building to know you're in control again?

I had something like that happen. I lapsed (only very minorly) because I had such a fear about the world caving in if I did lapse. Afterwards, I sort of felt relief and it's out of my system now, I don't need to lapse again. Not saying this is why you did it too, but I can understand about lapsing and getting on track again!

Day 28

Well i got up feeling very energetic so i went out and bought myself a exercise mat for my class on Wednesday. We will be doing a lot of floor work and i don't want my bum getting cold hehe. I'm also planning on getting a few exercise dvds so i think my mat will defo come in handy.
I got back and made lunch, i had vegetable soup, it was very yummy but making my OH a toasted turkey and cheese sarny did make me drool. Good job he ate it quickly lol.

I started to become like a couch potato in the middle of the afternoon, i really coundnt be bothered to do anything but i managed to drag myself to the gym and did 1 hour on the treadmill, i did a combo of hill work and power walking. Once i got into it i didn't wanna stop but i also didn't wanna over do it.

Well now im just having a relaxing evening looking through the forum and getting inspiration.

I hope i have a good day at work tomorrow i know we are busy but recently ive been getting very stressed. My boss has said some very unkind things and i really don't like him!!!

Well lets hope the exercise over the weekend makes a good impression on the scales on Wednesday and the chinese i had doesn't.

Day 30

Well the day started with the fraud squad talking to me about the fact my whole account was wiped of money!!!!!!! Thankfully its sorted and back in now.

Well it was my half day and it was nearly time to leave when a stray dog was brought in to my work. Whilst checking it over it went slightly mad and bite my left hand i didn't think anything had happened until i saw a trickle of blood. The little dog has managed to break my finger!!! I'm not very impressed lol.
Never mind i can cope with 9 fingers for the time being.

I still went to the gym and did 50 mins i would have done more but my finger started to throb and i wanted to get home and put some ice on it. 50 mins is still 50 mins so im happy.

Ive spent the evening making checklists for what we need to take to America with us. Its in 3 weeks time so i want to try and be organised before it gets to the day before we leave :D ive also made a checklist for the cats so i remember what i have to take to the cattery and to my mums. One of my cats has kidney failure and its not fair to put her in a cattery when she could become ill at any time. Shes stayed at my mums before and really likes it so its best for her to be there. My other cat is too destructive to leave with my mum so she'll have fun in the cattery.
I'm sure i'll find things to add to my lists i always forget something.

Well its the 4th weigh in tomorrow, im not really sure how ive done. Although ive been good and only had the chinese on valentines day i have a feeling i wont have a big loss. I just feel very bloated at the mo.

Last edited:
Day 31

Had a great day today, not only did work go well but when i went to my 4th weigh in a found out id lost a further 4lbs!!!!! Thats 18lbs in total now!!! I'm so happy. I really thought i was going to stat the same or loose a pound maybe. Ive felt really bloated this last week and with me having my treat chinese on Saturday i really didn't think 4lbs was a possibility. I have been doing extra work at the gym so maybe thats why. :whacky068:

I feel really positive in myself now. I haven't felt this good for ages and im now back into the 14 stone mark :party0011:

I really wanted 1 1/2 stone gone by the time i go to America and it looks like that may be a possibility. I have 2 more weigh ins before im off so its looking really positive. :)

The only bad thing today is that i have a head ache and the light bulbs seem to have blown in the kitchen. Oh well i don't care i lost 4lbs yaaaaaaaaaaaaay:bliss:

Last edited:
Day 32

Nothing really exciting happened today. Managed to sort my bank problems out finally so thats good. :)

I saw a friend i haven't seen for a few weeks today and she said she could really see the weight loss. Was pretty chuffed by that. :D

I was on my own at work this afternoon so i ran round like a mad woman. Didnt go to the gym but i think i probably did the same amount at work where i was so busy.

Im thinking of trying on a skirt i havent fit in for nearly 2 years. I want to see how much more i have to loose before it does up hehe.

Ive added a few more pics into my album (during the weight loss)

Thats all really. I have to work late tomorrow night but hopefully it wont be too busy. Fingers crossed anyway. You'd think people would have better things to do than come into a vets on a Friday night!!

Day 33

Had a horrid day today. My boss is a total t**t who clearly gets off on making me cry!!! Sometimes i wonder why i put up with it.

Diet wise things are fine but obviously getting upset makes me want chocolate. Ive refrained from having it tho.
Will be working tomorrow morning but hopefully it'll be ok.

Planning on going to the gym twice this weekend. Haven t got anything else planned.

Day 34

Well i went to work this morning and it wasn't to bad thank god. I was working at our other branch so i didn't have to see my stupid boss.

I was going to go to the gym after work but i decided as it was such a nice day me and my OH would get a train into town and have a look around. I must go to the gym tomorrow and make up for my missing it today. Does walking round shops count as exercise though??? I think it should as u get hot and sweaty being pushed around by rude shoppers.

Am shocked at the tat in the shops at the moment!!! I'm quite glad im not letting myself buy anything as a treat coz i couldn't find anything a liked!!!! Hopefully in a couple of months when summer is fast approaching i will be nearer my goal weight and the shops will be filled with decent things.

Found some cute baby things in mothercare. Need to find a present for my friend who is expecting her second child in march. I'm thinking of getting something while im in America though as there baby stuff is sooooooooooo cute.

I got quite gooey over the little shoes and things. Me and my partner have talked lots about kids and we are both ready i just really want to loose the weight now before adding a baby into the mixture. If i get down to my goal weight then get pregnant it will be easier shifting it rather than trying to get rid of fat on top of fat lol.

I want to be a health mum who can run around with her children. Gives me one more reason to get the weight off doesn't it?!?:D

Day 34

Well nothing to report really. Had a quiet day. Have been making lists for holiday. Must get my butt in gear and get my dollars.

Didn't get to the gym but i did go on the wii fit. I'm now classed as overweight yaaaaaaaaay!!!! Not being obese is great.

Not looking forward to work. Am sure i'll be in tears by the end of it . Oh well chin up.

Day 35

Horrible day at work again and i feel ill. Got a raging headache.
Must get to the gym tomorrow, haven't been this week. Been working so much and so late i haven't had time to go. I have been very good food wise so hopefully the scales will be my friend on Wednesday.

Got a lot of house work to do tomorrow so that will be like another work out after ive been to the gym lol.

Think i'll have an early night.

Day 36

Think this has been the toughest time recently in my weight loss. Totm is upon me and im in so much pain what with the endometriosis. Couldn't make it to the gym today i was in so much pain.
Got home and cleaned the house. At least in my house i could keep curling up each time i got a cramp.
Im totally shattered need to get some more iron tabs when im like this.
Have given up thinking i'll get a loss this week. Im so bloated and am always heavier with totm.
Will go anyway tomorrow and face my fate. I no it will be totm not anything else coz ive been so good but im still gonna be gutted.
Hope i get through tomorrow ok.

Back