Freaky Food Combinations!

KittenKat said:
When I was younger I used to love eating chocolate and salt and vinegar crisps together. Not tried it again for years though!

As for banana and marmite sandwiches, blerrggghhh! There are only 2 ways to eat bananas - just on their own or chopped up in hot custard! :p

Ooooh buttons and salt n vinegar crisps! Now we're talking! Nom nom nom! xx

(wonder what the syns are actually?)

Minks ;)

I luuuurve marmite & banana sandwiches! Toasted, for preference.
They're just gorgeous. The saltiness of the marmite sets of the nana perfectly.

And Shirleen - no, no, no and no.

I'm with Kingleds, on the not ruining chocolate by adding it to things, or things to it.
And I'm the same with alcohol.
Alcohol = Good.
Alcohol flavoured stuff = Bad.
Chocolate = Good.
Chocolate flavoured stuff = (Usually) Bad.

So liqueur chocolates, are a real no no.
And that's even if I liked both the chocolate and the liqueur.

But brandy in disgusting, yukky, chocolate milk ? Bleeeeeuuuuurrggghhh!

And yes, everybody is entitled to my opinion on this.
An opinion which I have jumped to, with no research, and obviously with every intention of causing maximum offence... ;)

Woah woah woahhh :eek: I can not believe how many people are so against chocolate flavoured things!

My god, I love chocolate and anything chocolate flavoured! Chocolate milk :drool: chocolate spread :drool: chocolate cereal :drool: chocolate bourbons :drool:

You people are insane :rolleyes:

Princess_Stevie said:
Woah woah woahhh :eek: I can not believe how many people are so against chocolate flavoured things!

My god, I love chocolate and anything chocolate flavoured! Chocolate milk :drool: chocolate spread :drool: chocolate cereal :drool: chocolate bourbons :drool:

You people are insane :rolleyes:

I am incredibly offended that you think i am insane & am now off to sulk :)

& fyi chocolate spread is wrong too, especially that nutella stuff, its even weirder cos its got those nut things in it!

While we are on the subject of odd combinations, I don't see why anyone would ruin a perfectly good cake or pie by putting fruit in it.

OMG i cant believe some people dont like nutella!! it is the best invention ever, dont spread it on anything just eat it straight out of the jar...using your fingers, like a crazed animal whos never been fed...or is that just me :D

p.s. on a moany note, thanks for knocking me off my feet evil virus, i move in 5 days and am meant to be packing and eating sw stylee but instead i have lived off crisps, chocolate and sandwiches as thats about the best my hubby can muster up. you may now leave and go infect someone else please.

I can't believe the amount of times I have the "baked beans + gravy" conversation with people - it's the future guys!!!!

The tomato sauce makes the gravy all lovely :D

its even weirder cos its got those nut things in it!

My first instinct was to ask whether, by logical progression, all men are weird, because they've got "those nut things" in them.

My second instinct was to ask the same about all straight women.

I think I'd better leave now...

JimofTroy said:
My first instinct was to ask whether, by logical progression, all men are weird, because they've got "those nut things" in them.

Honestly nearly dying here. Bloke sat across from me thinks i'm mental now!

Weird food combination are the best!! Nutella and crunchy peanut butter with banana on toast is amaaaaaazing!!! Also cheese chips and gravy is lovely too!!!! And u can still eat it all on sw!!! Whooo hoo!!!! X

It's such a good job I didn't read this until after my boss left the office for the day - I have tears streaming down my face - thanks for that hon :D

As for food combinations, don't get me started on baked beans and egg on the same plate, yuck, yuck, yuck, spawn of the devil!!

Baked beans are fine, eggs are fine... but NOT together!

alwyn said:
I can't believe the amount of times I have the "baked beans + gravy" conversation with people - it's the future guys!!!!

The tomato sauce makes the gravy all lovely :D

Get out!!

Similarly- cauliflower cheese + gravy: WRONG.

Perhaps we need this thread split, so all the weirdos can put their beans and eggs on one plate so to speak!

(sooooo with KK on that!)

It's not like you to suggest compromise, Shirleen!
Where's the battling spirit?
Surely we can cause a major row on whether foods should go together or not. If we really try.

Back