Free foods on EE

JoEveCar

Hi,

I'm asking a lot of questions today!

Am I right in thinking if a "processed" food such as a mug shot, a soup etc is less than 2% fat it's classed as a free food on EE days?

Thanks
Jo

I don't really 'do' processed foods so I'm not entirely sure, but going by the SW Facebook group it seems as though it varies according to the flavour (presumably because of sugars etc increasing calorie:density values). So probably best to check each flavour rather than just assuming :) xx

It doesn't work like that unfortunately.
& even if it was a free food, it's only a free snack and not a free meal unless you add a 3rd superfree as my consultant keeps telling us at group :)

It doesn't work like that unfortunately. & even if it was a free food, it's only a free snack and not a free meal unless you add a 3rd superfree as my consultant keeps telling us at group :)

That's not strictly true, but as a rule of thumb not a bad way to do EE.

If it's a free food, it's a free food no matter when you eat it, however on EE you should try & have 1/3rd superfree with every meal & try to snack on superfree rather than free foods.

Some mugshots are free, some aren't, likewise pasta n sauce. Soups are definitely not free, unless you make them yourself from scratch though.

I personally think the mugshots are brilliant if you are absolutely starving between meals but not something I would regularly eat as a snack.

With a mug shot I have been counting 1% fat as one syn?

In short, no.

The only way to be sure is check in the SW books, on the website or ask in the syns section on here.

There are loads of things which are fat free or 0% fat (like yogurts) that still have syns.

And yes it's best on SW to try and eat as much unprocessed food as possible, but when you are busy, out and about etc it's worth finding out the syns of things so you can know what to choose.

It doesn't work like that unfortunately. & even if it was a free food, it's only a free snack and not a free meal unless you add a 3rd superfree as my consultant keeps telling us at group :)

I think your consultant is being unnecessarily strict. The 1/3 super free is a guide not an absolute, so it is still completely possible to lose weight without the super free, but your progress will be slower

Back