Free ice cream!

zi-ann said:
Can you freeze the banana for a few days rather then just over night? i got some very ripe banan's that will go over in the next few days, but i have no other ingridents to make the ice cream, so rather then waste them i want to see if i can freeze them now, and make it at the weekend etc?

Don't see why not! X

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

Can't wait to try this,I'm even contemplating getting up out of my bed to freeze the banana so that I can have this tomorrow :)

my nanners went in last night! :)

CLH_X3 said:
my nanners went in last night! :)

Mine too, gonna make some tonight :) I love the choc chip in mine! X

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

Got mine freezing, gonna try and make a mint flavored ice cream useing peppermint extract, but if that fails i got some frozen summer fruits in the freezer too lol

Ooh can't wait totry this :-D x

Haven't tried it with a stick blender, but it's fairly tough on my food processor so not sure how the stick will fair as the frozen banana is very hard at first. Have made it a few times - it is amazing and shared the recipe with my WW class last week. Some of them tried it too it's now the latest craze!!!

Sorry if this has been asked already, but can this be made in a stick blender or does it need an actual food processor?

Sorry if this has been asked already, but can this be made in a stick blender or does it need an actual food processor?
Oh my gosh, just saw the above answer, sorry! For some reason my page wouldn't load page 6 of the comments, so I read through until page 5 and thought "oh well, no one's asked it." Then as soon as I ask the question and post it, it loads page six and I see it directly above. Duh, I feel so stupid!

kiwi_chick said:
Oh my gosh, just saw the above answer, sorry! For some reason my page wouldn't load page 6 of the comments, so I read through until page 5 and thought "oh well, no one's asked it." Then as soon as I ask the question and post it, it loads page six and I see it directly above. Duh, I feel so stupid!

Haha dont worry, i don't think anyone noticed ;-)

For an extra point, I am planning to freeze a ww fruit yogurt along with my bananas...and pop them both in the blender together...hopefully will give a cross between ice-cream and frozen yoghurt!

hugs
Jo
x

Good idea Joedi!!
I loved the free ice cream! Thanks m and m! :)
Added frozen strawberries and rasperries and served with 2 ww oat and choc chip biscuits crushed on top!! YUM!!!

M and M said:
Ta da! Can now post pics, so here's s pic of my recent cone, RIP

Ha ha ha!! Brilliant!! I'm trying this as we speak. Sliced up a banana and 2 nectarines. Not sure what this'll turn out like but will post if its edible!!

Well, I am a fan!! The banana/ nectarine concoction turned out lovely! Going to try banana, blueberry and a wee tad if cinnamon tomorrow. Thanks so much for this thread!! Brilliant!!

I have finally tried a banana ice cream, I didn't add anything to it as I thought I can experiment another time. It is so delicious, I would never of thought that it was just banana! I gave some to my friend who kept on asking me what else I had put in it, she wouldn't believe me that it was just banana. Thank you for all the ideas!

Back