Free ice cream!

WOW :O looks amazing!
it looks creamy even!

Will defiantly be making it :)

What cones are 0 points?

Its very creamy, due to the natural fat content of bananas. Askeys cones are the ones I used but any thin, as in not waffle, would prob be the same

Seriously, I loved this. You could use banana as a base to make diff flavors. Such a great idea! Can't wait to get some cones in... :) x

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

Glad you enjoyed! It's great to experiment with, I think it would work best with any other pre frozen fruit, as it melts quite quickly anyway. Apart from the zero points, what I like is that it's just fruit, without any of the dodgy additives and emulsifiers seen in other ice cream

I'm thinking some frozen raspberries or strawberries or grapes. Yum! Or a spoon of cocoa powder for choccie banana. ;)

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

I can vouch for the raspberries already :>)
I'm also thinking frozen fruit of the forest, sandwiched between 2 ww choc chip cookies! !

ooh i want it now hehe

this looks and sound lovely, gotta go shopping 2mo so am deff gonna try these this week, yum yum my mouth is watering just thinking bout this

Added a tsp cocoa powder and a few crushed, toasted flaked almonds, ah, the sheer decadence of it all! Gotta count a point for the extras, I guess, sniff

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110829_202349.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110829_202349.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 238
Maybe I'm being a bit thick here but when you say slice not chop do you mean slice the bananas lengthways then freeze ????

Just slice across into small circles, like you would if you were having it on cereal for example. If you cut them up into small cubes they go very brown in the freezer

Looks brill defo trying that!! Do you use really ripe bananas or does it not matter? I only have an upright blender not a processor will that work ok? Eeeeee I'm excited to make it now!! :)

Only ripe will really work as the riper ones have produced more natural sugar. I must say, I love it! Hope yours turns out well, I'm away for a week now so don't think I'm ignoring any questions, just won't be online!

Looks brill defo trying that!! Do you use really ripe bananas or does it not matter? I only have an upright blender not a processor will that work ok? Eeeeee I'm excited to make it now!! :)

i made some with an upright blender, and it took a while had to continusly push bananna down with a spoon but it worked in the end and was worth it, i did mine with strawberries (frozen)

I'm trying this right now,kinda scared that the frozen bananas are gonna break my blender blades so going to wait for them to soften for a while!

What a fab idea. We all love banana's in this house hold! xx

Back