Free ice cream!

Dumb question... can I do this with my cheapo hand blender or does it need a bigger one?

I wouldn't like to say. I've used a food processor and a blender. I found the food processor was better to use but the blades certainly take a battering! I was on edge making it as I love my food processor and would be devastated if the blades break!

I've got a Bamix blender-it's the mother of all blenders but the ice cream making process is hard work!! It's worth it though!! I wonder if you mash everything together then freeze it what the end results would be? I guess the banana would be a darker shade of brown but it would still taste nice-even though it might look like frozen dog food.....or worse!!! I'm going to give it a bash! When you're desperate...!!!

Tracy831 said:
This looks just like the real thing !!!

Honest to god, it tastes like banana ice cream. I chop a square of chocolate in and use a drop of skimmed milk instead of lime. Mmm....

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

Boo so going to have to wait until I can afford a proper blender/food processor I guess.

Think it would be nice with chocolate philadelphia blended into it though! Anyone want to try for me lol?

I know it's late to be eating icecream but (a) I was peckish (b) I thought its Saturday and anything goes and (c) it's FREE icecream!! OMG-this is simply the best discovery! Thanks a mill to the OP of this thread-you're a genius! I made banana, blueberry and cinnamon tonight. Superb! You get so much with just 1 banana and a handful of berries! Think I will give the choccy Philly a go. It's 2 PP for 30g right?

oh my god i tried this and its totally fab, bit hard on the blender though but worth it all the same. I might try the choco philli in it next time..:)

It was my mum's birthday today. Promised her I would give her homemade icecream. Ha ha haaahhhhaaaa....magic icecream made, presented and eaten with THE MOST positive feedback! Even my dad, who smothers everything in butter, cheese etc, thought it was ace!! Hah, fooled!!

I've just had banana, blueberry and cinnamon icecream for brekkie; so wrong but so good and sooo free!! Ha hah haaa!!

Had the plain banana made into a choc nut sundae the other day - was gorgeous. Made a choc sauce out of one tsp cocoa powder and one tspn golden syrup, watered down with a splash of water (2PP - served two of us) and added a third of an oz of chopped mixed nuts (1PP). Choc nut sundae for 2PP!

moonwatcher said:
Had the plain banana made into a choc nut sundae the other day - was gorgeous. Made a choc sauce out of one tsp cocoa powder and one tspn golden syrup, watered down with a splash of water (2PP - served two of us) and added a third of an oz of chopped mixed nuts (1PP). Choc nut sundae for 2PP!

Now that sounds good !

Back