Freecycle

Brightness

Happily on CD
Does anyone else use their local freecycle site?

Freecycle™: Changing the World One Gift at a Time then go to UK and find your local site.

Over last few days we have got a Bokashi kitchen compost bin, a garden roller & some iron on transfer paper. Also a very kind man is going to deliver me a Vax machine later :)

We have given away a lawnmower, a gas bbq, a compost bin, a fridge freezer that didn't work, some candles, body cream and a few other bits.

It's absolutely brilliant and saves stuff from going into landfill. I've also made a few new friends from it - try it, especially those of you with kids as there's always loads of kids stuff on my local ones.

You're also not limited to joining just one freecycle, as long as your first post is an OFFERED post!

Hi Brightness,

Well done!

I think it is a great idea to pass on your unwanted items.

Do you have your bins for recycling your household rubbish?

We separate all our household rubbish, it is time consuming to start with, but once you get into the habit it becomes automatic.

We all can do our little bit to save the environment:)

Love Mini xxx

Hiya Mini,

Yes, our local council provide purple bags for paper and old clothes and clear bags for plastics and cans. We also have a kerbside box for glass. They will only take garden rubbish if it is in a special bag that costs £20 for 10 :eek: , so we take ours directly to the tip ;) .

I think the whole of UK could and should do an awful lot more to recycle though. When we lived in Germany almost everything was recycled and that was 20 years ago!

It becomes second nature and causes no hassle, I just like to think I am helping to save the planet in my own little way :D .

Before you go and buy anything that you don't necessarily need new though, have a look on your local freecycle - amazing what you can get! A few mths ago, my Dyson fell over and the handle snapped so I put a wanted on there. A lady emailed me to say her Dyson had blown up and she had a 6mth old handle that I could have :D

It sems to work a bit like karma - the more you give, the more you get back LOL

There was someone on our local freecycle the other week giving away a load of business type clothes hardly worn where she'd lost weight. We've also got a Freecycle Cafe group where local events are advertised and we swap ideas, recipes and info - it's a great little community ;) :D

Back