Freezer Eat Down!

lurverick said:
just took a pack of diced chicken out for tea tonight....not sure what im doing with it yet though x

Get some stir fry veggies and do that with it. Soy sauce is free and makes a yummy for fry sauce if you mix in a dollop of sweet chilli dip!

Freezer is starting to get really low in stock now
Have some of Youngs Cod steaks in there for Steve
and dads tea and that's about it .....
I feel an Asda SW stock up tomorrow

Brilliant!! Are you the first to empty I wonder?
Mine isn't doing too badly, kids chicken things, peas, bread and ice cream. Couple of bags of frozen sliced banana and breadcrumbs and that's about it!!

Well mine is still bursting at the seems, but I am defrosting some chicken breasts for dinner this evening.

Mine is pretty stock full atm (but it is only a table top sized freezer, so not all that much you can get in there!), but I did empty it of all non-SW friendly stuff, so I guess that's one thing!! Next week's food plan is all stuff from the freezer except fruit, potatoes, onions, salad, storecupboard and fridge essentials.

I've added some stock to mine today

You naughty girl Kally!;)

But, I too have a confession.........In addition to the regular replacement of Magnums and Peas, I bought a box of Birds Eye Harry Ramsden battered haddock yesterday, ate two for lunch with peas and salad, but of course had to put the other two in the freezer!....................And, after eating the two, found that they were 12 syns each!....Not a good choice, plus two more to eat:eek:

ginlin said:
You naughty girl Kally!;)

But, I too have a confession.........In addition to the regular replacement of Magnums and Peas, I bought a box of Birds Eye Harry Ramsden battered haddock yesterday, ate two for lunch with peas and salad, but of course had to put the other two in the freezer!....................And, after eating the two, found that they were 12 syns each!....Not a good choice, plus two more to eat:eek:

Whoops I was just thinking yum Harry Ramsden's until you mentioned
the syns that is lol....
In my defence ..... My Freezer was empty Lynne apart from
the rat and mouse draw that is ;)

Whoops I was just thinking yum Harry Ramsden's until you mentioned
the syns that is lol....
In my defence ..... My Freezer was empty Lynne apart from
the rat and mouse draw that is ;)

Totally justified in freezing some stock then!;)

This is a good day for me on the 'Freezer Eat Down'!.......Three chicken Breasts and half a pack of Discovery tortillas are defrosting for tonights Dinner.....Fajitas :drool:................And a quarter of chicken, that came from MIL's freezer for the dog!:doggy:

Minced beef out for us tonight for curried mince, and more minced beef for tomorrow for burgers.
2 crispy chicken things eaten last night for child's tea.

Really not much left in there - here's the total contents:

3 bags breadcrumbs
1 bag cauli (one portion)
spinach!!! It's never ending...
numerous bags frozen sliced banana
2 tomato chicken kievs
ice cream - will get the others to polish this off over the next couple of days
ice cubes!
frozen peas
herbs, chillis, ginger (I freeze these fresh and use when I need to)

So, I reckon this weekend I can stick that stuff in a bag whilst I defrost and clean the freezer - happy days!

THis is a great idea... ill pass it on to my dad lol.... i only have a tiny frezzer so i have to use whats in it before buying more lol

I've done pretty good at not restocking freezer but from my original stocktake I still have all this left.......
Rosti's from ikea (bought then didn't know how many points were in them so haven't used)
1 portions of some kind of mince meal I have frozen for myself to have at some point!
ww thick sliced bread (this was bought in replacement)
Hovis seed sensations loaf
portion of tesco value every day stir fry
8 tesco light choices cumberland sausages(a new packet)
1 ww garlic and herb petit pain
pack of chicken thighs
8 jubblys

8 ribena lollies
neopolitan ice cream half a tub
1 ww malted danish loaf
1 pitta bread in random packet ....x2!
1 smoked haddock fillet
1 sag aloo(not used as higher in points than thought!)
pack of streaky bacon
garden peas
1 packs of 50/50 rolls
brains faggots
ww chicken curry
ww lasagne
quorn tikka massalla meal
4 different size portions of christmas cake frozen so I didn't eat!
frozen carrots
2 packs of mackarel fillets
3 quorn sausages
chopped mixed peppers
raspberries
3 mice(for snake)
bag of mixed veg
portion of flank steak
ww chips
more 50/50 bread rolls
2 x 2 rice infusions
sprouts(didn't like these so havent used!)
quorn meatballs
chopped tomatoes
50/50 pitta pockets
potato waffles
cheese n tomato pizza
half a bag of sweetcorn
half a bag of mcains french fries
16 fish fingers
3 pizza fingers

Wow... all that fitted in your freezer :p

Thanks for starting this thread Jay. It's given me inspiration to start my own freezer eat down. I only have a small freezer and it's full so really need to make some room. I need to save money too so this is a good way of doing it.

:wow: I've been shopping this morning, and didn't buy a morsel to go in the Tardis, not even peas or magnums!:wow:

Back