Freezer Eat Down!

i love freezer roulette it makes my meals at work more interesting

. . .
No food out of freezer today - we are going to the local to watch the Spain / Portugal match, and treat myself to as syn free meal as possible!!!
Well didn't quite work out like that!
We had a late lunch (at 18:00 :eek:) as we'd forgotten to each earlier as we were so busy.
So I did get some mince and qurn sausages out of the freezer after all.
Made Botham Burgers (syn free of course) and had a BBQ and salad.
Feeling very virtuous. a) for eating some old freezer stuff and b) having a very good day foodwise - apart from too few meals.
Slapped wrists Bev!!!

Update on my Freezer Eat Down - Went shopping yesterday morning, and didn't buy anything to freeze, but haven't used anything from "The Tardis" either, so, not making much edgeway!

So you going to use something from there today? x

Not again Emsie, as I am making Chicken Jamboree for dinner this evening, and it uses skinless chicken thighs, and I don't freeze chicken with bones in, as the meat tends to go dark around the bone, and none of us like that, so had to buy fresh ones yesterday.

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/251494-chicken-jamboree.html

It wouldn't surprise me if I was still doing the Freezer Eat Down, this time next year!

ginlin said:
Not again Emsie, as I am making Chicken Jamboree for dinner this evening, and it uses skinless chicken thighs, and I don't freeze chicken with bones in, as the meat tends to go dark around the bone, and none of us like that, so had to buy fresh ones yesterday.

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/251494-chicken-jamboree.html

It wouldn't surprise me if I was still doing the Freezer Eat Down, this time next year!

Love love love Chicken Jamboree

I was feeling a bit guilty about not using anything up from the freezer for the last two days, so had a little rummage, and found a bag of Tesco Finest Jumbo King Prawns, so they are defrosting ready for my lunch:)

I was feeling a bit guilty about not using anything up from the freezer for the last two days, so had a little rummage, and found a bag of Tesco Finest Jumbo King Prawns, so they are defrosting ready for my lunch:)

what you gonna do with them? anything nice? or just as a salad with dressing?

A bag of lean mince out for their tea tonight and a pack of Quorn mince for me. Not sure I'll like it but I'll try!!! Thing is the Quorn will make portions to freeze!!!!

Jay what are you doing with the quorn mince? I turn it into bol sauce and to be honest I can hardly tell the difference now!
Consiostency slightly different but that's all really

Add some grated carrots - it makes it taste much nicer. Also a dash of Worcester sauce - not too much - and lots of garlic and celery salt.

Yesterday me and my fiance got home and decided to make tea.. but we found hardly any food in house... actually there's probably plenty (but its all oddments!).
My challenge is not from freezer though (in there is packet of quorn mince, frozen peas, and frozen mice for our pet snake- I defo won't be eating them!).
All my oddments are in the cupboards, so I'm going to try to eat the cupboards bare (this is also aided that there is no money in my bank account!)... thanks for the motivation :)

Back