Fresh start diary

We're off to Egypt next Friday for a week. It's all inclusive and I'm fully expecting a gain but hoping I can cap it at 7lbs maximum. I put weight on so easily as I have an underactive thyroid and PCOS so the minute I'm off plan I balloon lol. Only recently found out about these conditions though so now I'm aware hopefully I'll be able to manage them better. And not eat as many bad things! Since SW I enjoy fresh salads and fruit much more so my aim is to go for that rather than the pastries etc.
Ooh London sounds good - have you got anything in particular planned? The choccywoccydoodah shop would be my downfall!
Rubbish about the cold, wrap up and drink lots of lemsip and hot water! xx

Ohhh... A chocolate shop... An going to have to google that later! Egypt sounds lovely, I went a
Couple of years ago and loved the amazing
Snorkling, was like finding nemo!!
Went all inclusive too but think I only put 2lb on which was v surprising as would have chocolate doughnuts for my breakfast pudding! Think I filled my plate up with salad to fill me up at meal
Times but still had naughty food. Enjoy yourself, it's your hol and you know you can lose any wee gain when you're back x

Hello diary!

Well I'm back from an amazing week in Egypt! Ha such a good time really didn't want to come home. We went quad biking and camel riding in the Sahara, swam with wild dolphins and went to a big water park.

image-1759837194.jpg

Swimming with dolphins!

Great experiences and despite my concerns before we went that it would be restrictive because of the troubles over there, it was absolutely fine! The people were so friendly and helpful.
The all inclusive aspect did mean I drank far too much alcohol and ate the wrong things but I always intended to have the week off SW and relax. I haven't stepped on the scales since I've been back as I'm re-joining group next Monday. Gonna have a great week this week and see what the damage is next Monday. I've got the week planned to a tee and am actually looking forward to eating some healthy meals!
Kicking off with EE....

Breakfast
Weetabix & cherries (A&B)

Lunch
Tomato, chilli & basil soup with carrot batons
Fruit salad of apple, grapes & tangerine

Tea
Spaghetti bolognese packed with tomatoes, celery, onions, peppers and carrots for superfree

Snacks
Mugshot
Ripple 8 syns

Last edited:
Morning diary!

Feeling very bloated and generally unpleasant today, am having bowel issues lol. Lots of fibre for meeee!
Had a great first day on plan yesterday, had 7.5 syns and was happy with that. It reminded me that I don't feel hungry when I follow SW properly but junk food makes me massively hungry.
Going to see Sarah Millican tonight with my parents so am making them tea before we go.
Another EE day

Breakfast
Muesli & pomegranate (B)

Lunch
Tomato, chilli & basil soup with carrot sticks

Tea
Beef stew with parsnips, celery, onions, leek, swede & carrot

Morning diary!

So went back to group last night, seems like a lovely group, quite small and the consultant seems really enthusiastic and friendly so feeling positive. I had gained quite a bit but on reflection I've been arseing around for 4 weeks so no great shock there lol.
Im glad I've gone to a group, I feel much more like I'm accountable to somebody and am therefore more likely to stick to plan.
Kick starting things with an EE day

Breakfast
Sausage & bacon pitta with cheese (A&B)

Lunch
Pasta n sauce

Tea
Spaghetti bolognese packed with tomatoes, peppers, onions, celery & carrot.

Snacks
Fruit salad of grapes, apple, peach & pineapple

Hello diary!

Day 2 of my wedding mission and despite a change of plan am on plan and enjoying it! Was meant to have my weetabix and cherries for breakfast but my cereal got chucked in the bin at work by accident so I just had the cherries- I was not amused lol! But never mind these things happen.
Hitting the gym tonight for the first time in ages...nervous and excited at the same time :)

EE day today

Breakfast
Cherries!

Lunch
Pasta bake (1/2 HEX A)

Tea
Pulled pork sandwich with chips and salad (HEX B and rest of A in cheese)

Syns/snacks
Apple
Tin Roof dessert (10.5 syns)

Last edited:
Morning diary!

Feeling good this morning having been to the gym last night. I did 2000 metres on the rower, day 1 run 1 of C25K and 10 mins of weights. Going again tomorrow straight after work and me and OH are going to have a couple of drinks. I've 'budgeted' for a bottle of wine at 24 syns as I have some saved already from tues and wed.
Another EE day

Breakfast
Fruit salad of orange, apple, grapes & pineapple

Lunch
Pasta bake with tinned toms, peppers, onions & celery (A)

Tea
Turkey burgers in a bun with wedges & salad (B)

Snacks
Ripple 8.5 syns
Pomegranate
Few slices of gammon

Morning diary,

Had another great day yesterday and am feeling in the zone! Even the appearance of TOTM just before my first weigh in will not detract from the fact that I am officially on track. I feel like I did when I first started SW, I'm weighing my healthy extras again instead of guestimating and am varying my meals more. Was going to the gym tonight but I have a massive blister on my toe from my new trainers and it hurts to walk let alone run/row etc!
Today is another EE

Breakfast
Weetabix & chocolate milk (A&B)

Lunch
Pasta bake with tomatoes, celery, onions and peppers

Tea
Prawn chow mein with beanspouts, stir-fry veg and onions (2.5 syns for sauce)

Snacks/syns
Bottle of wine (24 syns)
Few slices of gammon
Fruit salad of orange, apple, melon, pineapple & grapes

Morning diary!

Happy weekend! I'm quite pleased with how last night went, I had my wine and that's where it stopped- no beer munchies! That's usually where I fall down, not so much the booze as it is the rubbish I eat afterwards and the next day.
My OH is getting a tattoo done as I write and I'm desperately trying to distract myself from the noise by writing my diary!
Think we're off to buy an actifry afterwards- so excited for this!

EE today

Breakfast
Bacon & sausage & cheese pitta (A&B)

Lunch
Spicy tomato mugshot, melon, grapes & orange

Tea
Lamb shank in mint gravy, actifry potatoes & broccoli

Snacks/syns
Might have a galaxy bubble bar for 8.5 syns

Last edited:
Having a mega munchie craving! Nothing seems to be filling me up tonight. Had a lovely big tea, have eaten some pomegranate, pineapple & melon and drank loads of water but I still feel empty. :-/ I've got a galaxy bar but am saving it for as late as possible as I don't want to have it then crave even more sugar!
Could have a mugshot but it would be my second one of the day....I hate TOTM it really gets my hunger piqued!

Morning diary,

Managed to stay in control last night despite the bottomless pit syndrome I developed! Hoping today is better, especially being at work so I'll be busier. Not taking any money with me so I can't be tempted by the vending machine of doom lol.
Weigh in tomorrow night an although I didn't set a goal I know i'll be disappointed if it's less than 4lbs. Fingers crossed.

EE today

Breakfast
Sausage & bacon pitta (B)

Lunch
Mugshot & fruit salad

Tea
Pasta bake (A) with chicken pieces

Morning diary,

First weigh in tonight and I'm a mixture of nervous and excited! I can't stay to group because I'm on nights- not an ideal start but unfortunately I don't have time to stay and get ready for work.
So this week will be mostly back to front eating!
EE day

Breakfast
Weetabix & koko choc milk (A&B)

Tea
Chicken risotto with mangetout, pepper & onion

Will update with weigh in results

Well done! X you must be over the moon x

Thanks ladies I'm surprised to get such a good number but really pleased! New week tomorrow aiming for 3lbs off!

Hello diary,

First night shift done thank god. One down 3 to go. Tea ended up changing yesterday as the chicken wasn't defrosted so having it tonight instead.

3am
Diet coke chicken and noodles

6am
Fruit salad of orange, apple, grapes, strawberries & grapes

7pm
Chicken risotto

11pm
Weetabix & choc milk

Trying to stay syn free as have a night out on Saturday planned

Hi diary

I've woken up feeling horrendous today- belly ache and nausea :-( not sure if its just night shifts messing with my system a bit but I don't feel good at all :-/

EE day

3am- diet coke chicken & noodles (I've tried to like this but it really isn't for me!)

6am- fruit salad

7pm- pork shanks in peppercorn sauce, actifry potatoes & broccoli

11pm- 2 hifi lights and a cheese stick (A&B)

Hey diary,

Last night shift tonight yay! Do glad to be finishing they've taken it out of me this time. Feel like I've barely seen my OH so a date night tomorrow could be in order.
Appetite is as rubbish as ever on nights - had no syns for 3 days including today but I know they will get consumed in wine and vodka on Saturday!

3am- pasta n sauce and pomegranate

7pm- Lancashire hotpot from the mag but have used beef instead of lamb

11pm- weetabix & koko milk (A&B)

Morning diary!

Finished nights and I feel really grotty as a result! Like a massive hangover but without the fun drunk part lol.
Having gone 3 days with no syns and not really noticing I'm looking forward to a bit of chocolate tonight- will get something nice from the food shop.

EE day

3am - pasta n sauce

1pm- mugshot and fruit salad

7pm- chicken fajitas (will use the new HEx B wrap if I find them, if not will have wedges) with salad and cheese (A)

Not sure on syns will update later

Back